Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    I quoted it incorrectly.

You said 'girls just have to out up with'... I was rolling my eyes because I was thinking, "how would you know?" :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I said 'girls have to put up with blows to the tits and crotch' in response to someone else saying 'guys have to put up with blows to the balls'. Pretty fair response I'd say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspirinpharmacist)
    It was crap being working class, essentially. The first world war was horrendous, and there was hideous loss of life of both sides, primarily for men. We've made progress with class as well as gender equality, which is what I was referring to (I should've made that specific). I suppose we have the NHS and there was the rise of the welfare state but just look at the present government, there's still a hell of a lot of class discrimination even if people won't admit it. And higher education is more widely available but then where our parents generation had essentially a free uni education (and in Scotland still do), we're saddled with massive uni fees again so we've taken a step back thanks to the recession. But it's a hell of a lot better than 1914.
    We aren't even supposed to acknowledge that class is a thing any more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brownsugar-xx)
    That's quite upsetting really it's bringing my maternal side out. Talking about stuff really does lighten the load, but as far as i know men don't do that with each other. Which means if a guy isn't very sociable with girls - which tbh can be part of his troubles i imagine - then he's quite limited with who he feels he can talk to.
    It's not the end of the world I guess, women have a tough time too due to social norms, but the main difference is women have been telling the world all about it for the past 50 years while men are only just on the cusp of starting to tell the world about it. It's our own fault really and women are under no obligation to help us, what is galling though is when feminists insist their ideology is inclusive of men and their rights when it clearly isn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doctor_Einstein)
    Yeah I feel very sorry for you girls. As a male, it is really great being the stronger and smarter sex, and the most respected type of being on the planet Earth. But look on the bright side, at least your still a human, animals have it 100 times worse.
    30 reps. Well played xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by civilstudent)
    You have to live with the vulnerability of being the 'weaker' sex.
    Weaker in what sense? Physical strength is not much of an advantage in the civilised world, and being a 'weaker' man is much worse than being a woman in cases where strength and extraversion are valued.

it's harder to be independant/single ie going out alone at night
    Where do you live, Saudi Arabia? Its perfectly fine for a woman to be independent, and its usually perfectly safe for them to go out alone at night except in big cities (where its just as dangerous for men, if for different reasons).

you have all the hassle of pregnancy (all that hard work at the gym lost) and giving birth whilst men can just relax, keep their bodies in shape and be presented with a nice little baby at the end.
    'Relax'? Perhaps if they are not married and the man lives 50 miles away from the woman. In an ideal world, the man spends his time working to earn a living for the woman while she can't work, as well as taking care of her.

There are lots of advantages to being female. Females are more intelligent, less likely to be unemployed, less likely to suffer severe violence, much less likely to commit suicide or be murdered, etc etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    We aren't even supposed to acknowledge that class is a thing any more.
    Yeah, it doesn't exist :lol: Supposedly :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I love being a woman, I'd be really sad if I woke up tomorrow with a willy

ReputationRep:
    Here are a few benefits for them being female.

Naturally higher pain threshold
    You get chased after, don't have to do the chasing
    No morning wood or the odd awkward boner
    Hide your attraction to someone easier
    Emotionally intelligent
    Ability to create children and have a bond that others will not have
    Can hit people without repercussions
    Easier court sentences
    Free items

Much more. But there are still downsides as with both genders, but women have a lot more benefits than men do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cnova)
    Here are a few benefits for them being female.

Naturally higher pain threshold
    You get chased after, don't have to do the chasing
    No morning wood or the odd awkward boner
    Hide your attraction to someone easier
    Emotionally intelligent
    Ability to create children and have a bond that others will not have
    Can hit people without repercussions
    Easier court sentences
    Free items

Much more. But there are still downsides as with both genders, but women have a lot more benefits than men do.
    What? My pain threshold is crap. I used to cry at the blood pressure cuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    What? My pain threshold is crap. I used to cry at the blood pressure cuff
    It's not the feeling of pain, it's the amount of pain they can withstand before the body will go into shock and die. Women have naturally evolved to handle a higher amount of pain than men. This can be seen in online journals and also if you watch Teen Wolf, the MTV show, in an episode where they have to restrain the werewolves the female is given a certain restraint attached to the head and given that explanation about pain when a male werewolf asks why she has it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    It's not the end of the world I guess, women have a tough time too due to social norms, but the main difference is women have been telling the world all about it for the past 50 years while men are only just on the cusp of starting to tell the world about it. It's our own fault really and women are under no obligation to help us, what is galling though is when feminists insist their ideology is inclusive of men and their rights when it clearly isn't.
    It's still quite sad and it's actually changed the way i see guys, i didn't even really realise the problem existed or at least to this extent

Yeah i totally agree with that point, women no doubt had it worse than guys 100 or so years ago but ever since then things have been improving while men were kind of forgotten about.

The thing is though, they actually believe it.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.