Maintenance Loan: £3862
    Maintenance Grant: £3387
    Bursaries: Not entirely sure
    Scholarships: None
    Savings: £1500 (ish)
    Money from Parents: None

Accommodation Cost: £
    Weekly spend after Accommodation: About £26
    Wtf, where are you living with accommodation at that price? :eek: assuming outside of london since your loan doesn't reflect the loan amount I think london students are supposed to get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Wtf, where are you living with accommodation at that price? :eek: assuming outside of london since your loan doesn't reflect the loan amount I think london students are supposed to get.
    I'm at Nottingham Trent (hopefully) haha, there was cheaper but i decided that i'd save up more money for nicer accommodation!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurenrxo)
    I'm at Nottingham Trent (hopefully) haha, there was cheaper but i decided that i'd save up more money for nicer accommodation!
    Oh aha fair enough, still £26 a week isn't much if you like to go out a lot.
    I got the cheapest accommodation first year, wasn't actually that bad.

ReputationRep:
    Maintenance Loan: £3862
    Bursaries: £2000
    Scholarships: None
    Savings: £1200
    Money from Parents: None

Accommodation Cost: £6112.33 (catered/ensuite)
    Weekly spend after Accommodation: around £111

ReputationRep:
    Oh aha fair enough, still £26 a week isn't much if you like to go out a lot.
    I got the cheapest accommodation first year, wasn't actually that bad.
    Yeah i know, that's why ive saved loads and am working like mad this summer haha, i just didn't like the idea of shared toilets!
    Where are you?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i know, that's why ive saved loads and am working like mad this summer haha, i just didn't like the idea of shared toilets!
    Where are you?
    Ahah I didn't like the idea of shared toilets with people I didn't know at first just because like toilet shyness? Which just sounds silly saying :') but it was actually alright got used to it real quick.

I'm in Liverpool, yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Ahah I didn't like the idea of shared toilets with people I didn't know at first just because like toilet shyness? Which just sounds silly saying :') but it was actually alright got used to it real quick.

I'm in Liverpool, yourself?
    Yeah that's what i thought haha, just wanted my owl toilet and shower too but fair enough, it's the cheapest option!

I'm in Hertfordshire

ReputationRep:
    Maintenance Loan: £7717
    Bursaries: £6350

Savings: £1000
    Money from Parents: £1500

Accommodation Cost: £5600 (40 Weeks)
    Weekly spend after Accommodation: £350

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's what i thought haha, just wanted my owl toilet and shower too but fair enough, it's the cheapest option!

I'm in Hertfordshire
    Ooh right down south then, never been myself. What're you studying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigella)
    Maintenance Loan: £7717
    Bursaries: £6350

Savings: £1000
    Money from Parents: £1500

Accommodation Cost: £5600 (40 Weeks)
    Weekly spend after Accommodation: £350
    Holy crap! I didn't even know you could get a loan that high, plus that's a sweet bursary you've got there

ReputationRep:
    Holy crap! I didn't even know you could get a loan that high, plus that's a sweet bursary you've got there
    hahaha sophie i applied for the bigger loan

ReputationRep:
    Maintenance Loan: 5048 (something like that)

Maintenance Grant: 0

Bursaries: 0

Scholarships: potentially 300/year, which is nothing

Savings: ~2000

Money from Parents: 15000 per year into a savings account which will account for tuition, some for the maintenance loan, and living expenses.

Accommodation Cost: depending on what I get, between 5550 (150/week) to 7400 (200/week)

Weekly spend after Accommodation:
    200/week? No idea tbh.

Living in London is expensive!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There's a bigger loan? O.o?
    Also you have a grant as well, doesn't the loan tend to decrease as the grant increases? You're gonna live in luxury (I'm guessing you're in London)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I only get £3,600 because my mum earns a pretty decent amount, then again, we're a single income family and so I'm receiving the same amount as children from families who earn much more.

Accommodation is £5,200, so I'm £1,600 under budget before living costs of at least £30 a week have been taken into consideration, let alone transport between university and home and the cost of course materials.

Put me straight off the idea of going to university next year to be honest, keeping hold of my conditional offer but I'm about 90% sure I'll do a gap year instead.

ReputationRep:
    I also applied for the bigger loan :P didn't give me that much, are you studying in london by any chance? Because that would make more sense but still cray!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moggington)
    I only get £3,600 because my mum earns a pretty decent amount, then again, we're a single income family and so I'm receiving the same amount as children from families who earn much more.

Accommodation is £5,200, so I'm £1,600 under budget before living costs of at least £30 a week have been taken into consideration, let alone transport between university and home and the cost of course materials.

Put me straight off the idea of going to university next year to be honest, keeping hold of my conditional offer but I'm about 90% sure I'll do a gap year instead.
    Can you apply for the larger loan amount?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moonstruck16)
    There's a bigger loan? O.o?
    Also you have a grant as well, doesn't the loan tend to decrease as the grant increases? You're gonna live in luxury (I'm guessing you're in London)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes there is didn't you see the option ? Maybe only London students saw it

I get special support grant because I'm registered disabled . Special support grant doesn't get subtracted out of your loan

ReputationRep:
    I also applied for the bigger loan :P didn't give me that much, are you studying in london by any chance? Because that would make more sense but still cray!
    Yes I'm going to UCL. Knowing London life it'll be all gone!

I'm frugal so I won't spend it foolishly. I will have to pay it back after all

ReputationRep:
    Yes I'm going to UCL. Knowing London life it'll be all gone!

I'm frugal so I won't spend it foolishly. I will have to pay it back after all
    Oooh what will you be studying?

You could put some of it into savings? Maybe save up for postgraduate study if you plan to further your studies.

I'm trying to save some money for postgraduate, only got 700 so far :')

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.