Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AChhabs0701)
    Just received the undergraduate prospectus for Warwick, love the look of this campus uni! Thankyou Ninjapandaa for getting me into it.

Any recommendations for any other similar campus unis? Right now, I am thinking of keeping Warwick, Nottingham, Birmingham, Manchester/Sheffield and Leicester as my top 5. My dad says I am aiming low considering I am predicted A*s in two subjects next year but I don't know.. Also, I can not find any other university with ABB requirements other than Leicester and I do want one as a backup.

Oh, oh, also.. (so many questions!)..I am looking into Glasgow university as my fourth option instead. I love the idea of studying in Scotland. Anything you know about the economics course there? Is it rated highly, lowly, averagely? I do know it is a pretty good russell group university by itself.
    Grade entry profiles don't matter if you like the universities.

I've found the following website very valuable:

http://university.which.co.uk/

You can filter courses by UCAS entry points, type of programme, and percentage of applicants who receive offers. So for instance, you could look up ABB universities by filtering for courses which require 320 points.

ReputationRep:
    Just received the undergraduate prospectus for Warwick, love the look of this campus uni! Thankyou Ninjapandaa for getting me into it.

Any recommendations for any other similar campus unis? Right now, I am thinking of keeping Warwick, Nottingham, Birmingham, Manchester/Sheffield and Leicester as my top 5. My dad says I am aiming low considering I am predicted A*s in two subjects next year but I don't know.. Also, I can not find any other university with ABB requirements other than Leicester and I do want one as a backup.

Oh, oh, also.. (so many questions!)..I am looking into Glasgow university as my fourth option instead. I love the idea of studying in Scotland. Anything you know about the economics course there? Is it rated highly, lowly, averagely? I do know it is a pretty good russell group university by itself.
    Woo yay warwick! Bath's a campus uni too and that's meant to be pretty good I think, and if you're predicted two A*s shouldn't be out of reach. I don't know if you've been but the actual city of Bath is beautiful, I've not been to the campus itself but it's meant to be nice I hear
    If you wanted a backup (depending on how high your grades were this year) you could always just go for an AAB uni rather than ABB?
    Sorry I can't be any help with glasgow, I only really considered it briefly because I wanted the option to do optional language modules (chinese) and it doesn't do that aha, although I did hear it's a really expensive place to live in

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike_123)
    Having been through the process last year, I'm happy to help anyone here if you quote me, or privately if you want some secrecy (I know I did!) via PM.
    Hi I just got my gcse I got 5 A's and 5 B's( A In maths,eco) and B in english. My choosen A levels are maths,bio,chem and economics.
    Can I still apply for RG UNIS even with my gcse's ?? Suppose I get A's and B's at AS level with I still be offered places at any top 10-15 unis??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I applied for economics last year and am about to start this year. I researched so much during my application phase so if anyone has any questions feel free to ask or inbox me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zzaacc)
    Hey guys, I applied for economics last year and am about to start this year. I researched so much during my application phase so if anyone has any questions feel free to ask or inbox me
    Ah cool, where you studying this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akshay118)
    Hi I just got my gcse I got 5 A's and 5 B's( A In maths,eco) and B in english. My choosen A levels are maths,bio,chem and economics.
    Can I still apply for RG UNIS even with my gcse's ?? Suppose I get A's and B's at AS level with I still be offered places at any top 10-15 unis??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry but this is a thread for applicants for 2015 entry, maybe make a new thread and you'll get some better feedback although I can't see why you wouldn't get into a russell group if you work hard this year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    Ah cool, where you studying this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Bath but considering a gap year

ReputationRep:
    Bath but considering a gap year
    Ah cool, guessing results went better than expected then?

Where you thinking of applying to this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah cool, guessing results went better than expected then?

Where you thinking of applying to this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well, they were lower than expected on results day but Bath still took me! Then two remarks later, I would have been in a position for adjustment. Just wish the examiners got it right the first time round!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    did better than expected at A2 (2A*2A) and A at AS FM. Going for Oxford (PPE), UCL, Warwick, Nottingham (Straight Econ everywhere else). Am also considering LSE but unsure about UMS. Should I apply with these UMS?
    Maths (A*) 90%, History (A*) 96%, Physics (A) 87%, Spanish (A) 80% AS FM (84%)

Will my FM percentage be enough?

ReputationRep:
    My dad says I am aiming low considering I am predicted A*s in two subjects next year but I don't know..
    If one of those A*s is in maths then he's right

(Original post by akshay118)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah they're fine, but work harder for your AS levels

(Original post by pyrrhusofepirus)
    Hi guys,
    did better than expected at A2 (2A*2A) and A at AS FM. Going for Oxford (PPE), UCL, Warwick, Nottingham (Straight Econ everywhere else). Am also considering LSE but unsure about UMS. Should I apply with these UMS?
    Maths (A*) 90%, History (A*) 96%, Physics (A) 87%, Spanish (A) 80% AS FM (84%)

Will my FM percentage be enough?
    LSE PPE? I don't think they would ask for UMS (I think it's only for straight economics and any course with maths in the name) but even then you're in a good position to apply.

ReputationRep:
    Having been through the process last year, I'm happy to help anyone here if you quote me, or privately if you want some secrecy (I know I did!) via PM.
    I just did bio maths fm and econ for my AS and i got AAAB (B in bio) do you think this puts me in a worse position to apply to the top schools because i have a B in bio? Or will they not really mind as much because its a kind of unrelated subject..?
    I got high UMS in econ (197/200) and maths (284/300) then lower A in FM (254/300)
    Do you think this is good enough to apply to oxbridge? Or would the B in bio really bring me down?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Well, they were lower than expected on results day but Bath still took me! Then two remarks later, I would have been in a position for adjustment. Just wish the examiners got it right the first time round!
    Ah well done, yeah I think this year there have been more issues with marking presumably because without January exams there are so many more papers to mark?
    Do you mind if I ask what you got?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi I got this at AS: Maths - A
    Economics - A
    Chemistry - A
    Further Maths - B

But I'm a little worried because my top Uni Choices Oxford, LSE and Warwick. Which are all competitive for the Economics course and I got a B in an AS . Would I still stand a chance if I applied to Oxford and LSE with AAAB, (95% average in Economics) but a B in further maths which i am retaking modules in to get an A? Or am I just wasting 2 of my 5 choices?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by banker18)
    Hi I got this at AS: Maths - A
    Economics - A
    Chemistry - A
    Further Maths - B

But I'm a little worried because my top Uni Choices Oxford, LSE and Warwick. Which are all competitive for the Economics course and I got a B in an AS . Would I still stand a chance if I applied to Oxford and LSE with AAAB, (95% average in Economics) but a B in further maths which i am retaking modules in to get an A? Or am I just wasting 2 of my 5 choices?

this is my problem! i dont want to waste choices if they'll see my B and wont consider me

ReputationRep:
    Ah well done, yeah I think this year there have been more issues with marking presumably because without January exams there are so many more papers to mark?
    Do you mind if I ask what you got?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No it's fine 2 A*'s in Maths and Biology and an A in Economics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magnetic19)
    this is my problem! i dont want to waste choices if they'll see my B and wont consider me
    I just hope and pray they give me a chance. I might try visiting the unis and asking current students if they know any people who got a B in AS and still got in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by banker18)
    I just hope and pray they give me a chance. I might try visiting the unis and asking current students if they know any people who got a B in AS and still got in
    Let me know when you find out haha. I've searched a lot on here, and i haven't come across a lot, if any examples. I got AAAB (maths) btw.

ReputationRep:
    No it's fine 2 A*'s in Maths and Biology and an A in Economics
    Wow well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If one of those A*s is in maths then he's right

Yeah they're fine, but work harder for your AS levels

LSE PPE? I don't think they would ask for UMS (I think it's only for straight economics and any course with maths in the name) but even then you're in a good position to apply.
    Would LSE ask for UMS for the maths and economic course (which is run in the maths department) ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.