Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I thought I'd let everyone know that I have just received an interview on 3rd Dec for man met x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nesca89)
    I thought I'd let everyone know that I have just received an interview on 3rd Dec for man met x
    Yay! Good luck and fingers crossed x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dancer32014)
    Hi guys! I'm new to this but I've been watching the thread for a while and saw today people have started to get interviews and panicked a bit. My ucas form will be submitted by the end of next week...do you think it'll be ok? Thanks and congratulations to those with interviews
    You'll be fine I submitted mine mid December (right before Xmas break) and got relatively quick responses

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyPilot)
    Good luck!
    Thank you, did you have your interview in December and if so when did you receive a decision? X

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, did you have your interview in December and if so when did you receive a decision? X
    My interview was 22 Jan and I had offer about 7 days later - think the people who had interviews in Dec got offers early Jan.

ReputationRep:
    My interview was 22 Jan and I had offer about 7 days later - think the people who had interviews in Dec got offers early Jan.
    Oh so it's not a bad wait compared to Manchester uni then! Haha. Cheers x

ReputationRep:
    Oh so it's not a bad wait compared to Manchester uni then! Haha. Cheers x
    Last year MMU made decisions as they went along rather than telling everyone at the same time.

Good luck and hope you hear from Manchester soon too.

If you get into MMU we will have one lesson together - I have to do the SLT unit not covered this year and the rest of the time will be spent on psychology

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to people getting interviews! Still haven't received an offer for interview from man met tho making me panic a bit

ReputationRep:
    Last year MMU made decisions as they went along rather than telling everyone at the same time.

Good luck and hope you hear from Manchester soon too.

If you get into MMU we will have one lesson together - I have to do the SLT unit not covered this year and the rest of the time will be spent on psychology
    Oh well that's good then, can't be dealing with all this waiting around haha. Ooo, I might get to meet you then hehe xx

(Original post by djavor)
    Good luck to people getting interviews! Still haven't received an offer for interview from man met tho making me panic a bit
    I wouldn't worry about it, they have to get through a lot of applications, you'll hear very soon I'm sure keep us updated x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madagascar)
    Oh wow congratulations on your interviews!! That's brilliant ������

Hi Dancer welcome to the thread ������ the deadline is 15th January but depending on which unis you are applying to it helps to get your application in quicker. I'm in the same boat having not yet submitted my application to UCAS and getting a bit stressed! I'm a mature student doing an access course but until my college confirm my modules to the exam board I can't press send ������
    Aw thanks! It's nice to know someone is I'm the same position I spoke to my tutor today and he had no concerns, I'm sure we'll be fine! Good luck with your application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterfly9595)
    You'll be fine I submitted mine mid December (right before Xmas break) and got relatively quick responses

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks so much! That's really helped calm me down

ReputationRep:
    Helllllllo, I sent off my application to UCAS today and I'm so nervous! I applied for SLT courses at Reading, City, Uni of Manchester, Uni of Sheffield and DMU. Has anyone already heard anything from these universities??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evantej)
    I study at Newcastle. My first degree was in English and I also have a master's degree in something similar.

I actually applied for entry in 13/14 and was rejected by Newcastle for not having biology and - as far as the statement is concerned - not explaining why I was switching to SLT (got unconditional offers elsewhere but turned them down and decided to reapply for 14/15 entry obviously). So the statement is not a trivial thing at all; having an interest in SLT is not enough.

I am happy with the decision. I take four modules with the master's students, and I personally know one of the students, so I am acutely aware of what I turned down (so to speak). I used to work with a clinical psychologist who hired UG/PG SLT students to look after her disabled daughter. She could not understand how the postgraduate students survived because the course is so intense, and thought my decision to go for the UG route was very sensible.

If you want I could send you my personal statement from last year so you can see how I included my work experience. Let me know.
    Good to hear you are happy with the decision, that's certainly encouraging. Several people I've talked to don't understand why I consider doing another undergraduate, especially if I qualify for the masters.

I know the statement is extremely important, that's what worries me as I'm struggling with it. Hard facts are fine but this statement.. It would be very interesting to read yours if you don't mind, yes please!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm really confused! Manchester met rejected me on October 24th but have now today given me an interview for December 3rd!!!
    I'm excited but nervous! I don't know what to expect in the interview, I'm still awaiting the email they send with further details!

ReputationRep:
    hie guys

I am currently in the process of writing my personal statement and doing my ucas application. the problem is I do not know which uni I want to go to for my SLT course and I don't know which uni might accept me because of my subjects and grades. I am doing level 3 National Diploma in Health and social care and English language and Lit. does anyone know whether this is enough or not. I am really stressing out because I reeaaallly want to do this course
    I have put down Portsmouth, BCU, reading , new castle and UEA as my choices

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chantelle C)
    hie guys

I am currently in the process of writing my personal statement and doing my ucas application. the problem is I do not know which uni I want to go to for my SLT course and I don't know which uni might accept me because of my subjects and grades. I am doing level 3 National Diploma in Health and social care and English language and Lit. does anyone know whether this is enough or not. I am really stressing out because I reeaaallly want to do this course
    Hi! Why don't you email the unis to see if they'd consider your qualifications, so you know who will consider you and who won't. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Same!! What time is yours?? And have you got the email giving more information yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Higlet)
    Same!! What time is yours?? And have you got the email giving more information yet?
    Hey, I got rejected first and emailed them for feedback, they then told me it was a mistake. So you're not the only one my interview is at 12, I think it's a written one so nothing too stressful. I haven't received the email yet though, I'm sure it will arrive later this week x

(Original post by Chantelle C)
    hie guys

I sent emails to my chosen universities to see who would accept me. I was told I would not be considered in one uni because I I was missing one requirement, however some are more lenient than others. If they message back saying you have the correct qualifications, at least you have it in writing if you get rejected on this basis further down the line x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniellatttt)
    Helllllllo, I sent off my application to UCAS today and I'm so nervous! I applied for SLT courses at Reading, City, Uni of Manchester, Uni of Sheffield and DMU. Has anyone already heard anything from these universities??
    Hey, out of your choices I've applied to uni of manchester, dmu and Sheffield. I haven't heard from any of these yet, only one I have heard from is man met

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.