Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Archaeologist)
    Ah I see

Archaeology is a social science
    You want to be an Accountant right?
    It is very much a Social Science. I do indeed That's been my ambition since I was 10. I've always had a massive interest in Accounting

ReputationRep:
    (I'm probably a bit late to this thread but I've been on holiday)

- What subjects are you taking?
    Maths, Add Maths, English (Lit and Lang), Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Latin Lit (I did Latin Language at the end of year 9), German, Music and RE.

- What are you hoping to do after finishing Year 11?
    A-Levels, hopefully in the Sixth Form at my current school

- What are your hobbies and interests?
    I play cello and piano, I also like to read (I also spend far too much time on Twitter)

- How do you feel about going into Year 11?
    Kinda nervous, because our school puts a lot of stock in results, but also excited for prom etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JanitaTwain)
    Question: when do you officially have to decide what a levels your going to do? Why do you have so many assemblies?
    At my school, we chose around halfway through Year 11 but you can still switch depending on what you get on results day. You can even still switch in the first few weeks of sixth form if you want to!

My school has hardly any... :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Yup, math and chem. Holy cow that is a lot of results, if I were you I would be having a stress induced stroke by now!
    Haha, it wasn't as bad as you think. What exam board did you do maths on?

ReputationRep:
    sup homies
    where's that girl that always use to post lots of stuff in the y10 thread?

btw. I won my life 10 minutes ago ;]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arithmeticae)
    At my school, we chose around halfway through Year 11 but you can still switch depending on what you get on results day. You can even still switch in the first few weeks of sixth form if you want to!

My school has hardly any... :dontknow:
    Phew, that's a relief seeing as I have no idea what to do and just assumed that I would be given a form to fill. What did you choose?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marii101)
    Haha, it wasn't as bad as you think. What exam board did you do maths on?
    Edexcel, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    hey guys , i am really confused by the A-level reforms... since they are making everything linear will we have all of our maths modules in year 13 june ?

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel, what about you?
    Same How did you find the exams?

ReputationRep:
    Phew, that's a relief seeing as I have no idea what to do and just assumed that I would be given a form to fill. What did you choose?
    Maths, FM, Chemistry, Physics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    Getting AS French, Maths, Core Science and Business.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    how did you find core science... for me c1 was horrible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathalieGW)
    It is very much a Social Science. I do indeed That's been my ambition since I was 10. I've always had a massive interest in Accounting
    That's pretty cool I do find accounting interesting- percentages and ratios are fun

ReputationRep:
    That's pretty cool I do find accounting interesting- percentages and ratios are fun
    There's a lot more to it than that. I myself enjoy working out Percentages and Ratios too

ReputationRep:
    To be honest it really its grey area for me but it would be good to learn more about it

I know it is an important subject

ReputationRep:
    To be honest it really its grey area for me but it would be good to learn more about it

I know it is an important subject

Accounting and finance is very important within society

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marii101)
    Same How did you find the exams?
    The first exam was bloody difficult, I remember coming out feeling like a total dumbo because I didn't know the conversion rate of miles to km. The second paper on the other hand, was delightful, espacially the end questions. I had a giant grin on my face when I saw the sine and cosine questions and the invigilator looked scared.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathalieGW)
    Accounting and finance is very important within society
    Yep, I guess we are privileged that our parents look after our finances

Wait till uni then we'll be screwed aha

ReputationRep:
    Yep, I guess we are privileged that our parents look after our finances

Wait till uni then we'll be screwed aha

I know, I'm dreading that. Though they say uni days are the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danconway)
    Don't be tempted to revise what you know and what you like. I spent 90% of my revision on Chemistry, not because it was hard, but because I found it easy and I love Chemistry. Big mistake. Make sure you tip the balance of revision in favour of what you don't like and what you struggle with. Motivate yourself to put the hours in.

If you want to pseudo-schedule your revision, maybe align your sessions with the school timetable, and therefore you'll end up spending a good amount of time on each subject.

Just play it by ear really; if you know there's stuff you don't know in Physics, spend more time on Physics. Use your end of topic tests and the like to see where you need to spend the time.

I think I saw that you do Latin: you'll have to do a lot of revision on the set texts as you go along - make sure you learn the sections as you go - it's a must, because revising 250ish lines of Latin in one go isn't really effective.

But don't worry too much about revision just yet - not hardcore anyway - just keep on top of your work and make sure you've grasped everything you've learnt.

I tried to learn all of Latin in one go last year. It's better to do it step by step and consistently re-read them so that they're well memorised

It's better spending more time on topics that you personally find more difficult but also topics that are deemed A* right?

Practice papers are a must, I think it's more effective if you get someone else to mark them.

ReputationRep:
    Math and chemistry. It's so cool that your school offers astronomy!
    You did your GCSE Maths in year 10?

Yh Astronomys so much fun, more schools should do it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.