Wtf ref?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Omg that posession is shocking.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    wanyama MOM

ReputationRep:
    Manquillo and Loveran have had a good game today.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank goodness. It's finally over.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Some jammy win LOL

ReputationRep:
    Southampton will be just fine

ReputationRep:
    **** YES

ReputationRep:
    Annnnnd breathe...

ReputationRep:
    So lucky

I'll take that

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic victory, never in doubt.

:rolleyes:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Right, a few negatives:

- Manquillo was unconvincing.
    - Johnson is literally useless. I don't see any positives to him being on the pitch for us anymore. Uninspired. He just looks like he's there to pick up his wages.
    - Mignolet's distribution is really worrying. Every time he gets near the ball I **** myself.
    - Not much of a plan B on the bench. Lambert was the only offensive option for us. We need another striker to be recruited to encourage us for sure. Otherwise, it'll be like the back end of the Benitez era when we only had Ngog as an attacking alternative on the bench. What a nightmare.

Good stuff: Lovren. He was class and really assured. Really impressed with him - he seems to have a good understanding with Skrtel, and I think eventually Sakho will work his way back into the starting XI and they will be a formidable defensive duo. Mignolet's shot stopping was pleasing, too, because he was tested sporadically and he always seemed on point and concentrating. Henderson, likewise, was imperious in the middle with his passing range and enthusiasm. The boy works so hard. It's hard to criticise him even when he loses the ball - because he works tirelessly to win it back. Coutinho and Sterling had flashes of creativity again but they seemed quite stifled.

Southampton will be fine. All this talk of a relegation battle is just an over-reaction. If Long had put that chance away they'd have got a point today. Ward-Prowse looks a cracking player in the middle of the park for them, so fair play to him. He has a bright future, and with the likes of Isgrove and Gallagher coming through, it won't be long before they are creating more young stars.

Today was all about the victory. Arsenal ground one out yesterday and we did the same today. Unconvincing, and worrying at times, but quite similar to last year's opening day against Stoke really. Three points - I'll take it. It's good to be back.

ReputationRep:
    Shane Long is an absolute waster. My Gran could have scored that.

ReputationRep:
    Reminds me of the Stoke game last season, Mignolet saving us 3 points. Good win for a mediocre performance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    Fantastic victory, never in doubt.

:rolleyes:
    Yeah man defo - all over them Liverpool were!

Defo see a 100+ goals side in Liverpool this season!

ReputationRep:
    Reminded me of Stoke last year.

ReputationRep:
    similar thoughts to arsenal yesterday:

- getting the win was all thats important
    - performances will improve as youd expect
    - some individuals looking very promising (this year is sterlings year, as you all know.)

Still for me need another forward, but Id expect you to make some more signings before the end of the window

ReputationRep:
    Three points. More than Man U got

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tactically we were abysmal, played too deep and Allen on instead of Can? Really?

Much room for improvement, but a win's a win.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 4, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.