Lancaster Offer Holders 2015 Watch

steelman1000
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rebeccalh)
Because when they open the accommodation portal, you register for which college you want to be in but there isn't always enough places so you have a second choice just in case theres no rooms left in the first college
oh that's great!! just one more thing, people say Lancaster is in the middle of nowhere so the nightlife is really dull. is this true? I have offers from Liverpool and Lancaster but am really struggling to choose a firm although Lancaster requires higher grades. which do you think is best? thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rebeccalh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by steelman1000)
oh that's great!! just one more thing, people say Lancaster is in the middle of nowhere so the nightlife is really dull. is this true? I have offers from Liverpool and Lancaster but am really struggling to choose a firm although Lancaster requires higher grades. which do you think is best? thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey! someone else just asked me this question and it's the complete opposite! haha, no the nightlife is great here! Theres something on every night, everyone seems to think the only club we have is the sugarhouse (the student union club, my fave!) but we've got elements, dalton room, revolution, hustle, bentleys, etc. And there all open certain nights so they're all really busy on different nights, it's a great atmosphere!

Also, Lancasters a campus Uni so theres a big family feel and everyones really close, you literally dont have to leave campus for anything except going out at night which is cheap anyway! I don't remember the last time I left campus in the day time haha.. Whereas if you're in Liverpool getting to and from lectures will pribably be a bit of a nightmare x
Rebeccalh
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by steelman1000)
thanks so much!! Heard a lot of negative about bowland but I like those two. also people say Lancaster is in the middle of nowhere so the nightlife is really dull. is this true? I have offers from Liverpool and Lancaster but am really struggling to choose a firm although Lancaster require higher grades. which do you think is best? thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Um, I'm probably the worst person to ask because Im in Lonsdale and theres big rivalry between lonsdale and Bowland, without being bias though I really do prefer Lonnie.. Yeah, there offers are quite high but they're lenient, if you go one or two grades under they still consider you, they're pretty fair. They've also got an unconditional offer scheme, which course are you looking at?
Rebeccalh
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ray0405)
Yes i do have a question, how is the nightlife? I am used to nights out in London, Leeds and Manc. What is the club scene like?

Cheers,

Ray. ☺
Hey, I've just answered this on the next page
steelman1000
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Um, I'm probably the worst person to ask because Im in Lonsdale and theres big rivalry between lonsdale and Bowland, without being bias though I really do prefer Lonnie.. Yeah, there offers are quite high but they're lenient, if you go one or two grades under they still consider you, they're pretty fair. They've also got an unconditional offer scheme, which course are you looking at?
looking at law haha x😭 thanks so much , think its lancaster all the way at least as my firm, if I get the grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Samuel_Murray
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey I just received an unconditional about an hour ago to study Environmental Change and Sustainable Development
Issaa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Samuel_Murray)
Hey I just received an unconditional about an hour ago to study Environmental Change and Sustainable Development
Congrats! are you going to firm lancaster then? which college are you looking at?
shuckface
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm going on a visit day on the 21st of Feb too! Although I went last Sunday because my mum wanted to check it out since she's got work on the 21st. I love the campus! But really can't decide between glasgow and lancaster. Anyone have any ideas which is better for accounting, finance and maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Samuel_Murray
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Issaa)
Congrats! are you going to firm lancaster then? which college are you looking at?
Thanks, I'm not sure just yet, it's my first offer. It's probably my second choice after Edinburgh, only really because I'd like to stay in Scotland. As for the colleges I've not really looked at that yet, thought I'd wait until I got all my offers in and went to a few open days
Elle97
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey guys! I got an AAB offer for English literature and the letter inviting me for an interview to get it to unconditional- which unfortunately I cannot take as I'm going to firm Durham, but I'm probably going to put Lancaster as my insurance! Such a gorgeous uni and the staff were wonderful! Also had offers from York and Exeter, waiting for St. Andrews.

Posted from TSR Mobile
BestWingmanEver
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by aleea03)
I went to a visit day in December...do you know if they're the same thing or slightly different? Because I might book to go to an open day as well seeing as I'm seriously considering it as my firm

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm pretty sure they're different. Not certain though!
mcristinabianca
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Vlad.Str)
Anyone applying for 2015 Lancaster Marketing and Advertising? I applied yesterday, waiting for their offer
Eu, dar pentru Marketing simplu!(vad ca esti roman, deci nu are sens sa scriu in engleza) Ai primit oferta?
steelman1000
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
anyone coming for the law applicant day on the 7th of feb?

Posted from TSR Mobile
xLippyx
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I just got a conditional offer for marketing and advertising! I'm firming Lancaster 100%
Congratulations on getting on the course! i got an offer for it last week, definetly firming aswell, have you visited the campus?
4licia
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got an offer for geography for AAB on Wednesday. I really like the look of lancaster but want to visit, how do you find out when the post offer open days are? Ice looked on the website but can't find any thing about when they are :confused:
mcristinabianca
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 4licia)
I got an offer for geography for AAB on Wednesday. I really like the look of lancaster but want to visit, how do you find out when the post offer open days are? Ice looked on the website but can't find any thing about when they are :confused:
They should have sent you an email with your username and password for iLancaster(their official app). Once you have downloaded that and logged in, click on "Book a visit". The open days should be there. Hope this helps
Vlad.Str
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by xLippyx)
Congratulations on getting on the course! i got an offer for it last week, definetly firming aswell, have you visited the campus?
Hey, Thanks! I firmed it, and yes, I visited my girlfriend last summer, the campus is fantastic! For what college are you applying? I will go with Grizedale, i liked it the most!
xLippyx
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey, Thanks! I firmed it, and yes, I visited my girlfriend last summer, the campus is fantastic! For what college are you applying? I will go with Grizedale, i liked it the most!
Thats great! Im just waiting for 1 uni to reply back at the moment but as soon as they do ill be firming! And as for colleges i have no idea haha im torn between Furness, Grizedale and County!
imaanicus
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Heyy, I'm currently a first year Bsc Marketing & Design student at Lancaster, so if anyone has any questions about the course, campus, nightlife, colleges, etc. feel free to ask, I'll be happy to answer Good luck to you all! x
Hey ive firmed my place at lancaster for biomeducal sciences and was considering bowland and furness, but there seems to be a negative opinion about bowland, could you possibly tell me why? Thank youu!

Posted from TSR Mobile
aleea03
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Firmed Lancaster for Natural Sciences with an Unconditional Offer!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Lancaster University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
  • Lancaster University
    Sat, 13 Jul '19
  • Lancaster University
    Sat, 7 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (293)
37.71%
No - but I will (55)
7.08%
No - I don't want to (56)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (373)
48.01%

Watched Threads