Eurovision Song Contest Society 2015 Watch

26december
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ManicPumpkin)
Tonight marks the conclusion of the 2015 National Final season! (Thank goodness )

SWEDEN: MELODIFESTIVALEN - FINAL (WATCH HERE | 7:00pm)
NORWAY: NORGE MELODI GRAND PRIX - FINAL (WATCH HERE | 7:25pm)
So excited!! I have 5 favourites in Melodifestivalen so I'll be pretty happy whoever wins but I want Mariette (it'll probably be Måns though)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Genesis2703
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Tonight marks the conclusion of the 2015 National Final season! (Thank goodness )

(Original post by 26december)
So excited!! I have 5 favourites in Melodifestivalen so I'll be pretty happy whoever wins but I want Mariette (it'll probably be Måns though)
Mariette, Måns & Isa for me for Sweden. Out of the people who could actually win, I'll be bloody mad if Eric Saade or that Sami person wins. Don't like either of their songs at all (well Saade's song is ok, but the lyrics are just horrid).

For Norway it has to be Karin Park for me, I also like the duet with "A Monster Like Me" but I think Karin would bring more variety to eurovision compared to another duet. The duet has a massive advantage though in the fact that Norway is using a live orchestra tonight.
Genesis2703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Melodifestivalen finally ended in Sweden and we have Måns Zelmerlöw with "Heroes"

Fairly uptempo, fancy staging, male singer. If all the tech stuff works in Vienna I can honestly see Sweden winning this year given all the other songs thus far. I'd put money on a top 10 certainly, and I'm expecting a top 5 for sure.

A little too similar to "Lovers on the Sun" by David Guetta but other than that is a pretty decent entry.
ManicPumpkin
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Norway have chosen A Monster Like Me by Mørland and Debrah Scarlett to represent them in Vienna!

And with that, the 2015 National Final season comes to an end!

We still need to hear entries from Albania, Australia, Azerbaijan, Montenegro, Russia and San Marino.

It's been fun, it's been emotional. But as Scooch once said: the best is yet to come...
Genesis2703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

We still need to hear entries from Albania, Australia, Montenegro, Russia and San Marino.

It's been fun, it's been emotional. But as Scooch once said: the best is yet to come...
Forgetting about Azerbaijan when they are the country most likely to do well from what's left (other than Russia)

I like the Norweigan song, but they'll steal some votes from Estonia so I expect a low top 10 for them both (which is ofc better than what the UK has gotten in ages, but still...)
26december
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Norway have chosen A Monster Like Me by Mørland and Debrah Scarlett to represent them in Vienna!

We still need to hear entries from Albania, Australia, Montenegro, Russia and San Marino.

And Azerbaijan!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
ManicPumpkin
Rep:
?
(Original post by 26december)
And Azerbaijan!!!
(Original post by Genesis2703)
Forgetting about Azerbaijan when they are the country most likely to do well from what's left (other than Russia)
Fixed
lemxn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
sweden's entry is easily one of my favourites now but it reminds me of david guetta - lovers on the sun quite a bit

love the stickman thing on the screen as well, very smart!
Genesis2703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Albania and Elhaida Dani have finally found a song to replace Diell, it is "I'm Alive"

And the rumours were true Azerbaijan are resending Elnur Huseynov with "Hour of the Wolf" (official video out tomorrow)

Both songs are really good imo, Azerbaijan's would be a clear top 10 in May if it wasn't for the multitude of ballads this year. It's much better than his previous attempt (he was one of the duo in Azerbaijan's debut in 2008 - Day After Day) Elhaida also really upped her game with this new song, the last minute is really really good and I hope it will get her through the first semi (which is the tougher of the two).

(Original post by lemxn)
sweden's entry is easily one of my favourites now but it reminds me of david guetta - lovers on the sun quite a bit

love the stickman thing on the screen as well, very smart!
It's a bit country, and in the chorus the elongation of the word "heroes" is similar to a but of the chorus in Guetta's song. The fact the songs are basically the same length yet there are loads of loads of dance breaks and stuff in the latter indicates to me that apart from maybe a common theme/idea the songs aren't really that similar.

EDIT: We are now 90% through the songs (36/40) and snippets are already available for two of them (Russia and San Marino) so we have most likely seen our winner now (although last year the very last song released won! :P )
Genesis2703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Russia is sending Polina Gagarina with "A Million Voices"

A lot of people still dislike Russia, and a lot of people don't like Russia once again sending mushy-peace songs. However it is one of the stronger songs this year, and she is apparently extremely good live so Russia realistically will top 10 again, but at least they are doing annoyingly well with songs I like I guess

Quite a risky strategy not repeating the chorus properly again after the bridge, it's not in the usual eurovision formula at all so I wonder if that'll affect how people view the song or not when voting!

There are also very low quality clips of the San Marino entry if you are desperate to hear it, but I'll post that tomorrow when the official vid is up!
ManicPumpkin
Rep:
?
During last night's Melodifestivalen Final in Sweden one sign language interpreter was giving it his all during Magnus Carlsson's performance.

And he was fabulous!

Genesis2703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Almost at the end now, 39/40 entries released!

Guy Sebastian has finally revealed his song that will represent Australia on this Eurovision anniversary. He will sing "Tonight Again"

and San Marino who announced their artists really early, have finally released the song. Anita Simoncini & Michele Perniola will sing "Chain of Lights"

Australia's song is quite uptempo given this years selection of songs, based off the song title alone and how the lyrics go it seems like a relatively obvious choice to perform either first or last in the final (depending what half Australia are in). I can see this top 10'ing given that they are Australia. Is it a winner? I'm sceptical, think Sweden still has it.

I'm quite disappointed in San Marino's effort, I was expecting a really upbeat youthful song given the singers. But the song sounds old fashioned and doesn't suit them at all. Apparently it's the same song writer as who wrote Valentina's 3 songs so that doesn't surprise me.... San Marino will be back in the semi's I think.
ManicPumpkin
Rep:
?
Austria will perform 14th in the Grand Final on Saturday 23rd May

Provisional dates for 2016 contest are 10th, 12th and 14th May
ManicPumpkin
Rep:
?
We FINALLY have all of the entries for the Eurovision Song Contest 2015!

Today Montenegro presented Adio performed by Knez

If you want to hear any of the entries there is a list at the start of this thread which you can access here

Or you can watch this handy compilation of all the entries

ManicPumpkin
Rep:
?
SEMI-FINAL 1 RECAP

SEMI-FINAL 2 RECAP

GRAND FINAL RECAP
(The Big 5 + Austria & Australia)

ManicPumpkin
Rep:
?
The running order for the Semi Finals has been released

SEMI-FINAL 1

1. MOLDOVA: Eduard Romanyuta - I Want Your Love
2. ARMENIA:
Genealogy - Face the Shadows
3. BELGIUM:
Loic Nottet - Rhythm Inside
4. THE NETHERLANDS:
Trijntje Oosterhuis – Walk Along
5. FINLAND:
Pertti Kurikan Nimipäivät - Aina mun pitää

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

6. GREECE:
Maria-Elena Kiriakou - One Last Breath
7. ESTONIA:
Elina Born & Stig Rästa - Goodbye to Yesterday
8. F.Y.R MACEDONIA:
Daniel Kajmakoski - Autumn Leaves
9. SERBIA:
Bojana Stamenov - Beauty Never Lies
10.HUNGARY:
Boggie - Wars for Nothing
11. BELARUS:
Uzari & Maimuna – Time
12. RUSSIA:
Polina Gagarina - A Million Voices

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

DENMARK: Anti-Social Media - The Way You Are
14. ALBANIA: Elhaida Dani – I'm Alive
15. ROMANIA:
Voltaj - De la capat
GEORGIA: Nina Sublatti – Warrior

Australia, Austria, France and Spain will vote in this semi final

SEMI-FINAL 2

1. LITHUANIA: Vaidas Baumila & Monika Linkyte - This Time
2. IRELAND:
Molly Sterling - Playing With Numbers
3. SAN MARINO:
Michele Perniola & Anita Simoncini - Chain of Lights
4. MONTENEGRO:
Knez - Adio
5. MALTA:
Amber – Warrior

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

6. NORWAY:
Mørland and Debrah Scarlett - A Monster Like Me
7. PORTUGAL:
Leonor Andrade - Há um Mar que nos Separa
8. CZECH REPUBLIC:
Marta Jandová & Václav Noid Bárta - Hope Never Dies
9. ISRAEL:
Nadav Guedj - Golden Boy
10.LATVIA:
Aminata Savadago - Love Injected
11.AZERBAIJAN:
Elnur Huseynov - Hour Of The Wolf
12. ICELAND:
María Ólafsdóttir - Unbroken

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

13.SWEDEN:
Måns Zelmerlöw - Heroes
14. SWITZERLAND:
Mélanie René - Time to Shine
15. CYPRUS:
John Karayiannis - One Thing I Should Have Done
16. SLOVENIA: Maraaya - Here For You
17. POLAND: Monika Kuszynska - In The Name Of Love

Australia, Germany, Italy and the United Kingdom will vote in this semi final

ManicPumpkin
Rep:
?
Just a reminder that the Eurovision's Greatest Hits 60th anniversary concert is on BBC One tonight at 9pm
Dr_Roxx1574
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What did everyone think of the Greatest Hits show last night, LORDI WERE AMAZING, SO WAS CONCHITA
Genesis2703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dr_Roxx1574)
What did everyone think of the Greatest Hits show last night, LORDI WERE AMAZING, SO WAS CONCHITA
Gonna probably have an unusual view on things but then again I'm weird:

1) Nathasha St Pier (France 2001) knocked it out of the park, she wasn't even one of the winners but her performance was my favourite for sure. She definitely reminded me that she should've won easily in 2001.
2) Nicole was also very good, I was just sad so much of the song wasn't in German
3) I'm one of the few people who don't like Lordi much, but given that they did a pretty good performance and I have actually warmed to them a lil
4) Dima Bilan was also less horrible than I remember
5) The rest were all very good (other than Diggey-lo Diggey-ley as I cannot stand that song :P )

I was glad there were so many classics, wish the medley at the end was a bit longer and collaborative though. Loreen getting the biggest cheer and singalong was obvious but still nice to see
frances98
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Me and my mum just made a pact that wherever it is in 2016 (apart from like Azerbaijan or somewhere) we're going for my 18th birthday! Because it'll be just before my birthday! Excited doesn't cover it!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise