Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you date a Muslim? watch

• View Poll Results: Would you date a Muslim?
    Yes
    27.50%
    Yes (only that they respects my views)
    18.93%
    Not Sure
    7.50%
    No My family would be worried
    2.50%
    No we would have nothing in common
    6.43%
    100% No
    37.14%

ReputationRep:
    Depends how strict of a Muslim they are. And a practicing Muslim wouldn't date an atheist

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Turning it into an immigration debate? There's a right to practise your own faith in the UK - Doesn't mean they're attempting to convert you or force you to do what they say, imbecile.
    Dodging the question again... As always. What a waste of effort. And of course many muslims are trying to do just that. Oh well, people are getting sick of it all. Thank God! Done with you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dead sheep eater)
    no hijab

That's it really. Do not even mind if they dislike homosexuals, abortion etc as long as they keep their views to themselves
    would love to know why you don't want a girl with a hijab on but are okay with them disliking homosexuals? hmm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anvianzi)
    would love to know why you don't want a girl with a hijab on but are okay with them disliking homosexuals? hmm
    hijab distorts face, i dont want to date clothing, its not intimate.

ReputationRep:
    **** no, that would be asking for trouble

Even supposing they were relatively moderate/from a moderate background I could not look past their belief system, nor ignore the threat posed to me by their family/community. How could you possibly date someone who thinks of you as a dreaded kafir? Indeed, how could they possibly date you!? :erm:

There are one or two Muslim girls on TSR I find rather charming :daydreaming: but I wouldn't even bother, not worth the agro.. :innocent:

P.S. You missed an option OP: "I am a Muslim"

ReputationRep:
    Personally, depends upon how much the guy tries to impose their rules and faith upon me. I'm a liberal person, and I like open-mindedness in a guy.

That being said, my family are very. traditional punjabi hindu. So in that regard...yh, me dating a Muslim guy would lead to so much **** hitting the fan.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No. Unless excessively liberal, didn't have ****ty parents and didn't expect marriage.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missfats)
    States you believe in choice to wear what you like, yet wouldn't date someone who has chosen to dress like a dementor.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    not so much the dress, that's thier choice. However someone who wears the full burka is more than likely going to be everything else culturally Islamic which I'm opposed to. Secondly I dont like communicating with a pair of eyes, I like to be able to talk to people and read thier body language and facial features as we hold a conversation

ReputationRep:
    As a Christian I'd say no because I'm not willing to convert and Christians are supposed to marry Christians. Don't see the point in dating and possibly falling in love with someone I'm not supposed to marry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Non-Muslim men don't seem to have much trouble dating me, but this is because of the differences between theoretical dating of a generic stereotype of a Muslim girl and the real thing. I have one basic belief, live and let live, If you are a mature and confident guy who is not insular and is open-minded, tolerant and respectful of other people's beliefs than why should there be an issue?

At the end of the day, there's one humanity and we must strive to be one human family. There's too many wars in the world today and all of it caused by imagined 'otherness', narcissism and artificial divisions between people.

No loving and merciful God, could allow his creation to divide like that. Unfortunately, too many Muslim men seem to think they have a 'divine' right to regulate female bodies and behaviors, they moralise their right to dominate women with selective reading of texts.

ReputationRep:
    Eh, if I were single I'd consider it if I liked the guy enough. Religion doesn't really factor into it, unless they're super serious about it in which case we wouldn't be a good match.

I'm surprised so many people said no tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheraz Imran)
    I'm a Muslim (arguably solely by name) and if I was to be absolutely honest I would probably prefer to date a Non-Muslim rather than a Muslim but then that's just me
    Astagfirullah x 50 million 😂😂😂
    Pork is haraam

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    **** no, that would be asking for trouble

Even supposing they were relatively moderate/from a moderate background I could not look past their belief system, nor ignore the threat posed to me by their family/community. How could you possibly date someone who thinks of you as a dreaded kafir? Indeed, how could they possibly date you!? :erm:

There are one or two Muslim girls on TSR I find rather charming :daydreaming: but I wouldn't even bother, not worth the agro.. :innocent:

P.S. You missed an option OP: "I am a Muslim"
    All kafir means is non believer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Rainbow Drops-)
    All kafir means in non believer
    I know what it means, and also know the sorts of things that are said in conjunction with it (both in Koran/Sharia, and from the mouths of Muslims) :borat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Rainbow Drops-)
    Astagfirullah x 50 million ����������
    Poll
    Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.