Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm single, because I've dated some men in the past who eventually behave like dicks, emotionally abuse and that's where I leave the relationship as they have seem to give up.

I do too much for a person who doesn't give me the same effort.

I just need to focus on myself and the things that are truly important.

i deserve somebody better.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Antifazian)
    This question is mostly a reflection of the asker's insecurity than it is of anything to do with you.

A lot of people will enter into sub par relationships just to not be alone, convincing themselves that they like someone who they have nothing in common with.

I cannot do that, I have to feel a strong resonance with someone to want to be in anything more than a casual relationship with them.

The freedom of being single is also very much underrated. Relationships require a lot of time, effort and compromise, and I feel I'm far too young to be compromising with another person on that level.
    I tried this. It does not work at all. I decided after a week I didn't want to be with him. He was just so dull. (and quite clearly desparate)

ReputationRep:
    only believe in marriage

I'm single because there's no point rushing into a relationship for the sake of it. I would much rather get on with my life and when the right moment comes meet that special someone.

ReputationRep:
    I live in an African household mate. No dating till university

Im single because im pig ugly. I'l be honest here, I've met loads of really nice people I would like to go out with. Its just that such girls find me physically repulsive. I also fart a lot.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I'm not allowed in a relationship till I'm 16. My mum made me break up with my first girlfriend when she found out because of this

ReputationRep:
    Because I don't try to get into one and cba. I'll bother if I meet someone worth the effort.

ReputationRep:
    Simply put I haven't really put myself out there enough, but come to think of it I'm also not sure how well it would go down with my parents...

haven't been single for more than a few days since i was 11. i can't go a long time with out having SOMEONE there. call me a slut but that is how i am. x

(Original post by Anonymous)
    haven't been single for more than a few days since i was 11. i can't go a long time with out having SOMEONE there. call me a slut but that is how i am. x
    No, you're not a slut.

ReputationRep:
    Because I think my crush is too good for me, although I think he may be interested. What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    Ugly and short (5'7).
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by CSL123)
    Because I think my crush is too good for me, although I think he may be interested. What should I do?
    Give the crush a try by a date. If you don't like him, you bring it to an end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hihihihihi)
    Ugly and short (5'7).
    I can relate. Or at least I could if you threw boring and dumb in there too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I guess all the fair maidens flee from my rescues.

Jokes aside, I just haven't met the right girl yet and I don't want a short shallow relationship.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There are a whole bunch of social rejects on this forum. Wow. Makes me feel bad to be part of it. No wonder it had a bad rep.

guys.... your looks do not hinder you from getting a girlfriend... it's your lack of self-confidence because you think looks are important that is hindering you. You're right that no girl goes out looking for that type of look but if you have an amazing personality women cannot help but fall in love with you. It's not a choice, it's just the way it is.

Being short is one that came up. Okay, that is a disadvantage. But what is a disadvantage? It meerly is an obsticle and to get over it you have to try hard. Harder than the average 6' + guy.... so put the damn effort into having a better personality and character and you'll be super sucessful in the dating arena.

And people who say they are socially awkward. Get over yourself and accept some pain of moving out of your comfort zone to actively seek opportunities to improve yourself. If something does not scare you in life, the likelihood is it's not worth doing. Thus.... socailsing scares you... so it's worth doing to overcome it.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Single cause well, I dunno - ask women

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are other European girls (French/Italian/Spanish/German) more interesting than British girls?

Because all the women I know from here are so bland and uncultured...again, no offence ladies, but the majority of you are like that.

I guess I will forever dream of the classy girl who lived in a stately home, dressed elegantly and had a boundless love of history, culture and travel. I guess my tastes are too sophisticated...:confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    Single because I don't try. But I will attempt to look for potential "bae" when studying (computer science) at uni.
    YOU DID NOT TELL ME YOU WERE PLANNING TO STUDY COMPSci!!!!! Pizzaaa

http://media.parentsociety.com/wp-co.../tantrum-2.gif

idk why i'm single. perhaps ugly. perhaps weird. perhaps idk something bad? :lol:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 30, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.