Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I think that game took ten years off my life.

That was a historical game

ReputationRep:
    I live in the Seattle area, and there are a bunch of fireworks being released right now. This is amazing. I can't even.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    My bet for the Seahawks to win is still on baby.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kurofune)
    I live in the Seattle area, and there are a bunch of fireworks being released right now. This is amazing. I can't even.
    Scenes.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by al_94)
    I'm sick. What a waste of a night. Not watching the next game.
    What a fabulous game!

Who cares how good your offence is for 55 minutes, if you can do that in the five that count?

For the rest, a great goal line stand by the defence, an amazing two point conversion and, from the special team, a recovered onside kick and a TD from the fake field goal - without any of those, the Seahawks would have lost.

The only downside is that my bet on them to win was at the end of regular time only...

ReputationRep:
    Patriots vs Seahawks is just the most perfect match-up for the Super Bowl. Classic written all over it.

ReputationRep:
    As much as I hate this word... Indy just got rekt.

People are saying Seattle will be favourites. I'll be on Brady's side. If Seahawks start out weak and Pats take an early lead, it'll be game over.

ReputationRep:
    Patriots-Seahawks in the Superbowl it is...congratulations to those teams. They have been the cream of the NFL crop this season, and to be honest, it would have been a travesty had they not both been in it. Although as a point of AFC pride...for one game only, and as much as it pains me to say it...Go Patriots. Conference pride wins out on that one...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammy4041)
    Patriots-Seahawks in the Superbowl it is...congratulations to those teams. They have been the cream of the NFL crop this season, and to be honest, it would have been a travesty had they not both been in it. Although as a point of AFC pride...for one game only, and as much as it pains me to say it...Go Patriots. Conference pride wins out on that one...
    Cheers brah, I kinda am scared. It's amazing being in the big one but if they lose people are gonna say 3 out of 6 which in itself is amazing but many will point it out they can't get it done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Cheers brah, I kinda am scared. It's amazing being in the big one but if they lose people are gonna say 3 out of 6 which in itself is amazing but many will point it out they can't get it done.
    You're welcome. If there's another 43-8 :eek::eek::eek:, there will be no end of the "NFC will win every superbowl for the next 5/10/20/50 years...." talk...and the NFC types will mock the AFC mercilessly, even if their superbowl champ used to be in the AFC. There's better football, as well as better defense, in the AFC, then is usually given credit for. I really think that the AFC's best will go toe-to-toe, pound-for-pound against the NFC's best. I really do.

And no Coach is better at planning than Coach BB. The Patriots are a model of consistency. A couple of 12-4 seasons and two lost AFCCG are considered 'bad' seasons in Foxoboro. No other NFL team would consider it as such, and that's testament to the good job the Pats do, year in year out.

It's a copy cat league though. I have faith in John Elway as a GM. He's done a good job so far, so let's hope,(*knocks on wood*) that it continues...

ReputationRep:
    If the Pats pull away like the Packers did yesterday in two weeks, we're ****ed. The Pats won't give us the little glimmers of hope that the Packers did. We have to start out better

ReputationRep:
    Got tickets to Jets v Dolphins at Wembley

ReputationRep:
    It's actually worth pointing out that the Seahawks D was incredible last night. 4 turnovers in the first half from us and we gave away just 16 points, that's pretty great (and the Packers had a good punt return too). Against an average defense you're looking at 25+ points but the defense kept us in it just enough for Russell Wilson to arrive when he did!

ReputationRep:
    I think I burned 1000 calories during the Hawks game, that was crazy. I wrote the Colts off at 14-0 and went to bed. I wish OT came with a right of reply on TDs. It puts too much on the toss. A walk off safety I can deal with but losing without having a chance to put your offence on the field is more than a little harsh.

Oh and Patriots deflating footballs. No bearing on the blowout but the Patriots just can't help cheating can they. This is why nobody likes them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    I think I burned 1000 calories during the Hawks game, that was crazy. I wrote the Colts off at 14-0 and went to bed. I wish OT came with a right of reply on TDs. It puts too much on the toss. A walk off safety I can deal with but losing without having a chance to put your offence on the field is more than a little harsh.
    They should do overtime like they do in college. No clock. Ball on the plus-25. 4 downs and no timeouts. Each team gets the all at least once, and then even if team A get's a touchdown, team B can get a TD and keep going. It's more exciting.

The NFL rules are what they are are....it's designed for teams to go for the jugular to get the TD. Going first helps in O/T.

If you get a TD, it's game over. If you get a field goal, you know that your defense just needs to get a stop, and to not give up the TD. If you're defense is on the field first, I think the defense cannot play as aggressive as it could if the defense is on second.

(Original post by Wattsy)
    Oh and Patriots deflating footballs. No bearing on the blowout but the Patriots just can't help cheating can they. This is why nobody likes them!
    We'll have to wait for the result of the investigation....as it is just speculative at this point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    Got tickets to Jets v Dolphins at Wembley
    Got tickets to bills v jaguars.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I love how the media have pretty much already anointed the patriots guilty. Seems for us it's guilty before proven innocent :lol:

Think Kubiak is a good hire for the broncos. Will be interesting to what he does with them.

ReputationRep:
    I love how the media have pretty much already anointed the patriots guilty. Seems for us it's guilty before proven innocent :lol:
    Indeed. The more I think about it though, if the Patriots were cheating, it would be incredibly difficult to pull off. The referees touch the ball every single down. They'd know pretty quickly, if anything's up.

The ball-boys and girls are the only other people to handle the football. Even if it's systematic...how will they ensure that the Patriots offense gets the 'deflated' football, and not the Colts' offense? The teams change halfs. Also, the ball which was taken away, for a routine test, was a kicking football, which are completely different to the ones used on offense/defense...

So, in order for that to happen, the refs, the NFL, and the ball-boys and girls have to be in on the whole shebang. That's just implausible. People just want to believe the made up work of some bitter Indianapolis hack, because his team got smacked.

99.99999%+ sure that there's nothing to see here, so this meme sums things up nicely....

Think Kubiak is a good hire for the broncos. Will be interesting to what he does with them.
    I like the hire. It's good for now, if Peyton stays, and it's good in the future, if he doesn't.

In any case, I would be excited to see how CJ Anderson and Brock Osweiler in particular come on next season. I think, Kubiak must see a fair bit of Joe Flacco in Osweiler...tall, rocket arm, and sneaky-good athleticism, but with the extra seasoning of sitting behind Peyton, and learning from Elway, and now, with a former QB, and a QB-coach as offensive coordinators.

That said...I'd be annoyed if we kept the Special-teams coach. Of all the units, that was the worst, by far, and it's on him.

It's somewhat annoying that as a result, because HC's bring in their own people, that means Adam Gase is gone. But, the Broncos now have the Ravens' (now former) QB coach.

Interesting times ahead for Denver indeed...I'm excited for the off season, as well as next season, to see how things pan out. But still, there's the Pro Bowl, Super Bowl, the Scouting Combine, the Draft, the Veterans' Combine (new development for this season), free agency, OTA's and the Preason to go first :')
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Back to the familiar void of having nothing to do on a Sunday night soon

So excited for what the Seahawks have in store even if we lose next week. The defensive core is all locked up (except Wagner, and he should be soon) and the offense will hopefully improve in the draft/FA. Woop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammy4041)
    The ball-boys and girls are the only other people to handle the football. Even if it's systematic...how will they ensure that the Patriots offense gets the 'deflated' football, and not the Colts' offense?
    There are different balls for each team, prepared to that QB's requirements. The rest of your post is accurate, there's basically no way anything comes of this investigation.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.