Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Sheffield Dentistry 2015 Applicants watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xMystics)
    i just felt the questions had nothing to do if the candidate will be a good dentist or not
    Yeah definitely!! Couldn't agree more, all panels should ask the same

ReputationRep:
    What correlation question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sra5)
    Yeah definitely!! Couldn't agree more, all panels should ask the same
    maybe i should have argued back when he rejected my ideas

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know if sheffield rank us solely to how we did at interview or do they combine it with our pre interview factors?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ijc1)
    does anyone know if sheffield rank us solely to how we did at interview or do they combine it with our pre interview factors?
    They go by your interview, but if you were very similar to another candidate and they have to choose one they will go back to your UKCAT score etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel Eleanor)
    They go by your interview, but if you were very similar to another candidate and they have to choose one they will go back to your UKCAT score etc
    oh right so same as last year! just wanted to check thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel Eleanor)
    Do they look back at JUST our ukcat score or do they take into account everything else eg GCSEs, AS level and PS and predicted grades???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaz xx)
    Do they look back at JUST our ukcat score or do they take into account everything else eg GCSEs, AS level and PS and predicted grades???
    I don't know but does it really make a difference haha? You can't change that stuff so try not to think about it

ReputationRep:
    Was panel 3 the one with the woman orthodontist and the student who had quite a bushy beard ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by utsav12)
    Was panel 3 the one with the woman orthodontist and the student who had quite a bushy beard ?
    I was on panel 3 but they were all women

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ijc1)
    I was on panel 3 but they were all women
    Oh right, actually I was in seminar room 3. Where else did you apply ?

ReputationRep:
    Oh right, actually I was in seminar room 3. Where else did you apply ?
    I applied to leeds, plymouth and dundee, really loved sheffield though! but guess we will all find out in 3 weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ijc1)
    I applied to leeds, plymouth and dundee, really loved sheffield though! but guess we will all find out in 3 weeks
    Awesome! Any offers yet ??

ReputationRep:
    Awesome! Any offers yet ??
    got plymouth leeds rejected me post interview and dundee pre-interview. what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ijc1)
    got plymouth leeds rejected me post interview and dundee pre-interview. what about you?
    Offer from KCL still waiting for QM, Bham and of course Sheffield!

ReputationRep:
    Offer from KCL still waiting for QM, Bham and of course Sheffield!
    damn well done!!!!! KCL is awesome- would have applied there but UKCAT was crap lol regret not applying there :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ijc1)
    damn well done!!!!! KCL is awesome- would have applied there but UKCAT was crap lol regret not applying there :P
    It's nice ! Are you on a gap year ?

ReputationRep:
    It's nice ! Are you on a gap year ?
    no still in sixth form you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ijc1)
    no still in sixth form you?
    Same -year 13

ReputationRep:
    I was on this one today! So nice!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 26, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.