Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it rude to constantly turn people down watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    The only way you could really know with a high degree of certainly is if you flirt with him when he's inebriated, and single, in person :beard:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Unless he has the same devotion to honesty that I do

Sure, if they have little/no contact, but otherwise it will crop up every now and then, it's only natural

Spoiler:
    Show
    The exception, where I'm concerned, being when I have feelings for the girl I am seeing, then it's like tunnel vision
    There's no need for me to do any of that,and he's an honest person! All I have to do now is sit and wait until he gets home in the next few minutes.

You must be having lots of tunnel visions of the german and Latina put together,and the greek ex! Triple visions oh and let's not forget your young ex!:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    You must be having lots of tunnel visions of the german and Latina put together, and the greek ex! Triple visions oh and let's not forget your young ex!:rolleyes:
    For the record, my young ex is the only one this truly applied to. A little more respect would be appreciated, btw

ReputationRep:
    So is this like an argument or what?

ReputationRep:
    Don't get me started,now,run along dear,I'm not in the mood for this BS of yours.
    You appear to be entertaining my nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TurboCretin)
    You appear to be entertaining my nonsense.
    If you have nothing constructive to add to the thread please go away.

ReputationRep:
    For the record, my young ex is the only one this truly applied to. A little more respect would be appreciated, btw
    Applies* and I'm sorry. It felt like you were rubbing something in my face,so I apologise.
    And you were right btw ,we've spoken for a while. This is so awkward now :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    So is this like an argument or what?
    Who's arguing? Ive told him not to bother posting if he's gonna be full of ****

ReputationRep:
    Applies* and I'm sorry
    Applied* (I'll always have a soft spot for her but the 'tunnel vision' disappeared when I ended it with her and moved away), and apology accepted

It felt like you were rubbing something in my face
    If/when I come to 'rub something in your face' I have every confidence you will respond far more agreeably

And you were right btw, we've spoken for a while. This is so awkward now :eek:
    Hate to say I told you so :rolleyes:

It doesn't have to be awkward, remember what I told you, it's extremely common for guys to find it impossible to remain 100% platonic in the way that they conceive of attractive female friends, so think of it as nothing too strange; nothing, fundamentally, has changed

Spoiler:
    Show
    ..except that you arguably ought now to be a little more cultured in your interpretation of any 'life advice' that comes your way from such a character :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    If you have nothing constructive to add to the thread please go away.
    I did, until you quoted me. Feel free to stop whenever you like.

ReputationRep:
    Applied* (I'll always have a soft spot for her but the 'tunnel vision' disappeared when I ended it with her and moved away), and apology accepted

If/when I come to 'rub something in your face' I have every confidence you will respond far more agreeably

Hate to say I told you so :rolleyes:

It doesn't have to be awkward, remember what I told you, it's extremely common for guys to find it impossible to remain 100% platonic in the way that they conceive of attractive female friends, so think of it as nothing too strange; nothing, fundamentally, has changed

Spoiler:
    Show
    ..except that you arguably ought now to be a little more cultured in your interpretation of any 'life advice' that comes your way from such a character :hmmm:
    Ive just been cranky post surgery with no support around,it's making me bitter and impatient a-little but I wouldn't mind you rubbing a certain something for sure

He knows how unhappy I am and he's not happy about it.It's awkward because now he wants to see me for dinner at his,social chitchat before his girlfriend gets back from the states and he's requested stuff and wants to make me soup on regular basis to speed up recovery,Jesus Christ

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TurboCretin)
    I did, until you quoted me. Feel free to stop whenever you like.
    Don't let me stop you

ReputationRep:
    Who's arguing? Ive told him not to bother posting if he's gonna be full of ****
    I don't know, I think I've missed something about what is going on ITT. Doesn't matter though

ReputationRep:
    Ive just been cranky post surgery with no support around, it's making me bitter and impatient a-little
    Understandable, I too have had to keep a lid on my impetuousness these past couple, with this ruddy fever!

It's awkward because now he wants to see me for dinner at his,social chitchat before his girlfriend gets back from the states and he's requested stuff and wants to make me soup on regular basis to speed up recovery,Jesus Christ
    Oops! Sounds like someone opened Pandora's box (some curiosities are best left unaired)! :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Understandable, I too have had to keep a lid on my impetuousness these past couple, with this ruddy fever!

Oops! Sounds like someone opened Pandora's box (some curiosities are best left unaired)! :mmm:
    I've never hated myself so much or have had my patience/temper/mood tested to this extreme,even the doctors are confused! I give up,honestly.

I'm glad he's been open about it and hopefully we can move on properly from here.

ReputationRep:
    I've never hated myself so much
    Self hate? 'Ain't nobody got time fo' that'!

I'm glad he's been open about it and hopefully we can move on properly from here.
    It's extremely awkward yet you're glad? Ok..

Move on?

ReputationRep:
    Self hate? 'Ain't nobody got time fo' that'!

It's extremely awkward yet you're glad? Ok..

Move on?
    I seem to have a lot of time for that on my hands. It's not even self hate,it's just disgust. Have a review tomorrow so I can hopefully get some proper help if need be.

I'm glad he's been honest rather than him feeling he had to hide it from me and now we begin the process of having to distance ourselves alittle for he and his girlfriend's sake. He may not take too kindly but let's see how it works out. I just can't fall out with my friends.

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad he's been honest rather than him feeling he had to hide it from me
    Apparently he did feel the need to hide it from you though, for quite some time.. contrary to your earlier affirmation :holmes:

now we begin the process of having to distance ourselves alittle for he and his girlfriend's sake
    Hmm, not sure that's totally necessarily but its your business/friendship eh

He may not take too kindly but let's see how it works out. I just can't fall out with my friends
    No reason for that to happen, just remember the things I've taught you about communicating a sense of personal conviction. When a girl tells a guy firmly, but fairly, that certain things can and cannot happen, invariably she has his respect, if he is himself at all respectable :top2:

ReputationRep:
    Don't let me stop you
    That doesn't make any sense.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently he did feel the need to hide it from you though, for quite some time.. contrary to your earlier affirmation :holmes:

Hmm, not sure that's totally necessarily but its your business/friendship eh

No reason for that to happen, just remember the things I've taught you about communicating a sense of personal conviction. When a girl tells a guy firmly, but fairly, that certain things can and cannot happen, invariably she has his respect, if he is himself at all respectable :top2:
    I've been through this before with another friend and won't make the same mistake. The last thing we both need is drama when his girlfriend gets back. And surely if I were to be in a relationship,my boyfriend wouldn't take too kindly to my male friend wanting to cuddle in bed together and feed me food in bed. It's better this way

ReputationRep:
    surely if I were to be in a relationship, my boyfriend wouldn't take too kindly to my male friend wanting to cuddle in bed together and feed me food in bed
    True, not to mention his girlfriend! Talk about blurred lines Doesn't sound as if you were very firm with him about your own attitude m'dear..

It's better this way
    Perhaps, but then again, perhaps there's a third way (meeting up on neutral ground/with others around, and just being friendly together)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.