Africa:clearing up misconceptions! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you shakalewa?Or Azonto?
    Azonto yesss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by childofthesun)
    Never! I do get asked some ignorant questions, but I don't really mind,because i then get to educate people a little

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh my,now I feel bad as I'm sometimes ashamed to be from Africa because of its negative image while people like you aren't.Damn I feel stupid and foolish.

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

What inspired you to be a lawyer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

What inspired you to be a lawyer?
    Many things.Growing up in Africa,my relative liberty and privilege were not unapparent to me. But after experiencing wars,seeing the impacts on others,my concepts of inequality and injustice greatly developed, and from a young age I began to possess a strong curiosity and eagerness to understand the people and the world around me. Living in places like the Middle East and Africa, I was constantly reminded that justice is not a given, and that advocates are needed to help give voice and strength to those who are so often silenced or ignored. So, it's my experiences, and the experiences of others that contributed to my growing understanding of justice,injustice, and basically fuelled my interest in Law.

ReputationRep:
    Many things.Growing up in Africa,my relative liberty and privilege were not unapparent to me. But after experiencing wars,seeing the impacts on others,my concepts of inequality and injustice greatly developed, and from a young age I began to possess a strong curiosity and eagerness to understand the people and the world around me. Living in places like the Middle East and Africa, I was constantly reminded that justice is not a given, and that advocates are needed to help give voice and strength to those who are so often silenced or ignored. So, it's my experiences, and the experiences of others that contributed to my growing understanding of justice,injustice, and basically fuelled my interest in Law.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow, that was so deep.I always hear of friends who say they want to be a lawyer or barrister just for the money and I just roll eyes. Lawyers tend to get bad rep for these type of things these days. It's nice to remember that that many like you do this because you care.

In a world of suffering, injustice, climate change and goverment oppression, it's easy for those less fortunable to lose hope. It's nice to know that those people and all those who suffer do have guardian angels like you who will watch out for them 👏👏👍😃 .
    Power to the people 👊!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow, that was so deep.I always hear of friends who say they want to be a lawyer or barrister just for the money and I just roll eyes. Lawyers tend to get bad rep for these type of things these days. It's nice to remember that that many like you do this because you care.

In a world of suffering, injustice, climate change and goverment oppression, it's easy for those less fortunable to lose hope. It's nice to know that those people and all those who suffer do have guardian angels like you who will watch out for them 👏👏👍😃 .
    Power to the people 👊!
    Thank you, I really appreciate it ☺️☺️💛

ReputationRep:
    Why do Lebanese girls think they're bare prestige

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostwanderer)
    Why do Lebanese girls think they're bare prestige
    Because we are :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Because we are :rolleyes:
    Have you ever had a boyfriend

ReputationRep:
    Omggg i went to this Lebanese restaurant yesterday and can i just say Lebanese food is now my fave cuisine :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teenhorrorstory)
    Omggg i went to this Lebanese restaurant yesterday and can i just say Lebanese food is now my fave cuisine :love:
    Hahaha what did you have? 💜💜🍹🍲🍣🍘

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever had a boyfriend
    Er yh

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol, this thread is still going.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha what did you have? 💜💜🍹🍲🍣🍘
    Tabuleh, hummus shawarma and this stuffed vine leave thing. So good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teenhorrorstory)
    Tabuleh, hummus shawarma and this stuffed vine leave thing. So good
    That sounds amazing. Dying for some shawarma,with fattoush 😻😻😻

Warak inab? Faveee

ReputationRep:
    Er yh
    Astaghfirullah

ReputationRep:
    Astaghfirullah

Posted from TSR Mobile

Out of interest, what gives you the right the judge the actions and behaviour of others?
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Ivory Coast/Côte d'Ivoire
    I'm actually from there! Well origin because I live in London :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Out of interest, what gives you the right the judge the actions and behaviour of others?
    Was simply asking for Allah to forgive her :confused:

Calm down,white knight

ReputationRep:
    Was simply asking for Allah to forgive her :confused:

Calm down,white knight
    Lol, I'm not a white knight.I was just asking you a question.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 20, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.