ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    All done

Sheffield United v Chelsea

Sheffield to come out on top.

Boom :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I think it's safe to say Balotelli won't play for Liverpool again.
    He'll soon end up at a club like Lyon.

ReputationRep:
    Just not good enough today. Bit second best to everything I felt.

ReputationRep:
    lol @ anyone who thought liverpool were gonna win

that was a disgraceful performance by liverpool and all the liverpool fans can go under their 7th place rock now

ReputationRep:
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    'liverpool needing a goal.. can they survive... Ricky lambert!.....'

Did not even need to look up from my book. as soon as you hear that name its just lol.
    This had me in stitches quite frankly because I did the same :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    I'm rather disappointed. The one time you count on Liverpool...the one time. Couldn't care less who wins just wanted to see some bloody penalties :mad:
    hahaha totally agree. Lambert right at the end with all the options, goes for the shot. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Liverpool played very well, its a shame they just couldnt finish thier chances.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    I'm glad Balotelli is failing so hard. Made a lot of people who thought he was good because he set fire to his curtains and fingered his dog look like utter *****.
    Same sort of people who make Heskey jokes, post about their 'cheeky nandos' and think the LAD bible is funny.

ReputationRep:
    if I were a liverpool fan, I would be beyond pissed that a striker has not been signed in the last 27 days..

Probably the difference between a wembly final and not..
    Well Sturridge will be coming back now so hopefully we won't see much of Balotelli, Lambert or Borini..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    This had me in stitches quite frankly because I did the same :lol:
    genuinly starting to think that rodgers inability to buy a decent attacker last summer, is a worse offense tihs season then wengers inability to buy a decent defender..

Atleast wenger fixed his mistake in january
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by IanLim93)
    hahaha totally agree. Lambert right at the end with all the options, goes for the shot. :rolleyes:
    Wanted to go for glory and claim all the back pages I guess :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    Liverpool played very well, its a shame they just couldnt finish thier chances.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't know, always felt like Chelsea had a slight upper hand in terms of the defence and Hazard in attack.

Yea we had the better chances but no one clinical to finish anything today.

ReputationRep:
    Well Sturridge will be coming back now so hopefully we won't see much of Balotelli, Lambert or Borini..
    the 'new diaby' wont last very long.. may be class for a game or two, but then you will be back to square one when he is limping off the pitch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    In all fairness nobody could have imagined that Balotelli would be this bad. Looking back on it, it's obvious that he was a panic buy.
    wenger did :cool:

even brought welbeck ffs over him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Do Chelsea deserve to go through? You've been the better side for 90% of the tie, look completely knackered now though.
    we were the better side for about 65-70% of the tie i'd say.
    courtois was their only decent player in general, although you must acknowledge most of the saves weren't unexpected for a keeper of his level.
    with sturridge we would've won about 5-1 aggregate; all ifs and buts though.

over the 2 legs, chelsea were much below par and liverpool were hilariously wasteful.
    credit to chelsea for winning after playing badly but ultimately it was liverpool that threw away this tie.

P.S: talking about balotelli here because he doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the main body of a post.
    what a bad player.

ReputationRep:
    Yh, but we were knackered by the end so can't really expect much. Only thing I'm really disappointed with is the shooting from our midfielders. It was clear from the beginning of the season that our midfielders need to contribute to goals but the shooting was shocking today and we missed chances that could have sent us through to the final. Cannot rely on Sturridge scoring goals for us.

Gerrard, Sterling and Coutinho also need to learn to pass rather than going for glory all the time as they were in great positions at times to set up a goal scoring opportunity. Sterling and Coutinho are young so fine they will learn, massively dissappointed with Gerrard though who didn't offer much and should have gone off for Lallana.

ReputationRep:
    the 'new diaby' wont last very long.. may be class for a game or two, but then you will be back to square one when he is limping off the pitch
    Sturridge doesn't have regular injuries. He's had extended periods a few times now. I think they've done a lot of work behind the scenes so hopefully he's fixed now.

(Original post by sr90)
    In all fairness nobody could have imagined that Balotelli would be this bad. Looking back on it, it's obvious that he was a panic buy.
    I think if Rodgers knew Welbeck would become available later on, then he would've opted for Welbeck over Balotelli. There were a lack of strikers in the summer but we still did pretty badly.

I imagine we'll splash big on a striker in the summer.

ReputationRep:
    GG.
    Liverpool's legs went after 75 minutes. Once that high-intensity play didn't pay dividends in the first 75 minutes it was going to be one way.

ReputationRep:
    Bit disappointed that Rodgers stuck to 3-4-3 for so long. It wasn't quite working and it might have been better to try a different tactic.

Think both teams will be a bit flat at the weekend after that performance. Would love to know the distance covered by the players if anyone can find the statistics?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 28, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.