Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Got a boyfriend and I'm having a sleepover (with my guy friend) watch

ReputationRep:
    The amount of judgement on this thread is nothing short of incredible.

I often slept in a close friends' bed, and both she and I had partners. I had no intention of shagging her, nor her I (I know that may be a massively difficult concept to grab hold of for some of you who haven't matured enough to realise the following, but bear with me). The notion that two people only share a bed if they've got intimacy in mind is severely flawed, both logically and socially.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolate hottie)
    Just seen this post and it made me despair about sex crime.

Are you seriously advocating a female invite someone SHE HAS NEVER MET into her house for a "sleepover?"

Don't you understand the signal being sent to the man? "Yes means yes, and no means no." What does "come and sleep in my house (my bedroom? my bed?)" mean?

A lot of communication in the approaches to sex are non verbal, and the two sexes don't always get on the same page, sadly.

Inviting someone back like this is a VERY powerful signal to a straight man.

No wonder there are so many date rapes...
    Oh dear. Just to highlight a few things you may have missed:

1) The person you quoted said "friend", not "stranger".
    2) "Sleep" was also mentioned, "sex" was not.
    3) I can only surmise that you're of the logically flawed opinion that two people sharing a bed immediately leads to sex, regardless of circumstance. If I slept in the same bed as a guy friend then that definitely wouldn't lead to sex. Not only would go that against my sexual orientation (and thus be futile; no attraction, no arousal) but it would also be grossly inappropriate). Make the dude a woman, take away the fact that it goes against my sexual orientation, and it's still grossly inappropriate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afghan_Tyson)
    In a relationship **** and pussy can't be friends, I would dump you and knock your guy friend out. & all people that are chatting crap about guys not wanting sex, trust me that's what we all want. A good time with a single girl, its 100% wrong to have sleep overs with someone that already has someone, you sideman. Girl your a hoe
    Afghan

Great summing up mate **** & pussy are there for shagging not for sleepovers!! she is either a HOE or so thick its untrue!!

KRO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    Oh dear. Just to highlight a few things you may have missed:

1) The person you quoted said "friend", not "stranger".
    2) "Sleep" was also mentioned, "sex" was not.
    3) I can only surmise that you're of the logically flawed opinion that two people sharing a bed immediately leads to sex, regardless of circumstance. If I slept in the same bed as a guy friend then that definitely wouldn't lead to sex. Not only would go that against my sexual orientation (and thus be futile; no attraction, no arousal) but it would also be grossly inappropriate). Make the dude a woman, take away the fact that it goes against my sexual orientation, and it's still grossly inappropriate.
    Oh dear! Just to highlight a few things you may have missed:

1) The person you quoted said "I haven't met him yet."
    2) "Sleep" is routinely used as a synonym for "sex". As in the phrase "those two are sleeping together." I assume you know this actually means "those two are having sex..."?
    3)Your surmise is incorrect. I do not hold that opinion. Your argument is what is termed a "straw man."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolate hottie)
    Oh dear! Just to highlight a few things you may have missed:

1) The person you quoted said "I haven't met him yet."
    2) "Sleep" is routinely used as a synonym for "sex". As in the phrase "those two are sleeping together." I assume you know this actually means "those two are having sex..."?
    3)Your surmise is incorrect. I do not hold that opinion. Your argument is what is termed a "straw man."
    1. I quoted you 0_o And you were quoting this person v
    (Original post by Mommie Dearest)
    There's nothing wrong with having a sleep over with a friend who happens to have male genitalia when you're in a relationship.
    OP said that they haven't met the person yet (on page 10, seriously? Do you really think I'm going to go through 10 pages of people being possessive over their partners?).
    HOWEVER, until you brought it up I was unaware they hadn't met, BUT I was taking what you said at face value based on who you had quoted.

2. It's called a "sleepover", hun, not a "sexover". If I say to someone "D'ya wanna crash at my place?" then unless I'm wearing this face while saying it :sexface: I mean it purely as it is. No subtle hints, no misleading information, just take what I say at face value and be done with it. Crash. Chill. Stay. No sex. SLEEP.

3. Ain't no strawmen in this house, I based my judgement on the information I had to hand at the time (which was you spouting *******s about how men and women can't sleep at each others houses without a bit of rumpy pumpy going on).
    You based your argument on subjective social protocol ("A lot of communication in the approaches to sex are non verbal") instead of taking it case by case.

I've forgotten what my point was, just as well it wasn't important

ReputationRep:

OP said that they haven't met the person yet (on page 10, seriously? Do you really think I'm going to go through 10 pages of people being possessive over their partners?).
    HOWEVER, until you brought it up I was unaware they hadn't met, BUT I was taking what you said at face value based on who you had quoted.
    I don't expect you to read though ten pages of rubbish on this thread, no.

BUT, by the same token if you are going to misquote ME without knowing the facts because you haven't read the pertinent post amongst all the detritus, please don't be insulted if I gently point out your error!
    2. It's called a "sleepover", hun, not a "sexover". If I say to someone "D'ya wanna crash at my place?" then unless I'm wearing this face while saying it :sexface: I mean it purely as it is. No subtle hints, no misleading information, just take what I say at face value and be done with it. Crash. Chill. Stay. No sex. SLEEP.
    You may be clear but not everyone is! I don't think the OP knows what the hell SHE wants from this, so it is pretty unlikely her priapic "platonic" friend will either.
    3. Ain't no strawmen in this house, I based my judgement on the information I had to hand at the time (which was you spouting *******s about how men and women can't sleep at each others houses without a bit of rumpy pumpy going on).
    You based your argument on subjective social protocol ("A lot of communication in the approaches to sex are non verbal") instead of taking it case by case.

I've forgotten what my point was, just as well it wasn't important
    Agreed. I like arguing the toss as much as the next man (or woman) but there comes a time when I have forgotten what the substantive point at issue is too!

Take care.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.