bethabbott
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have a mock paper for this if anyone wants the questions, any useful tips as to how to revise this? Im lost haha
subject1
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by winter97)
Does anyone have any full mark answers or high mark answers to the 15 and 12 mark questions in the zigzag booklet? The example answers they have given have low marks!
Oh my goodness did you copy them and handed them in and got a low mark??

They aren't full answers, they aren't even full sentences! Just like any other geography mark schemes they are not a copy and paste thing. They are points that candidates may use.

They are actually really good answers when you expand them, but they are not "example answers". Geez I hope you didn't write in bullet points for Geog3.
knifeblade
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What else do we actually need to learn for this? I'm really confused
bethabbott
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
To what extent has the Riders for Health programme helped Kenya improve its healthcare? 15 marks
Discuss the issues that the physical and social geography of Kenya present for health-care provision. 12 marks
Comment on the impact HIV has on development. 8 marks
The Kenyan health-care service is not fit for purpose. Discuss. 10 marks
'Kenya has failed its MDGs for health.' Discuss what should be done next in Kenya to get the country back on track. Justify your decisions. 15 marks

Are these the questions that are in the zig zag booklet?
aalexandra
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is anyone else having trouble getting onto the Riders website? I think there are loads of people on it and its saying 'runtime error'
ButtonsBile
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by subject1)

They aren't full answers, they aren't even full sentences! Just like any other geography mark schemes they are not a copy and paste thing. They are points that candidates may use.

They are actually really good answers when you expand them, but they are not "example answers". Geez I hope you didn't write in bullet points for Geog3.
Is there any chance you could post the answers. We never got given any Zig-Zag booklet, I feel at a massive disadvantage.
subject1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ButtonsBile)
Is there any chance you could post the answers. We never got given any Zig-Zag booklet, I feel at a massive disadvantage.
Sorry the teachers haven't handed us a digital copy because that it is "copyright infringement" or something dumb like that.
geography7
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
yess i am having huge trouble
ButtonsBile
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry the teachers haven't handed us a digital copy because that it is "copyright infringement" or something dumb like that.
Ah that's ok I totally understand.
subject1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bethabbott)
To what extent has the Riders for Health programme helped Kenya improve its healthcare? 15 marks
Discuss the issues that the physical and social geography of Kenya present for health-care provision. 12 marks
Comment on the impact HIV has on development. 8 marks
The Kenyan health-care service is not fit for purpose. Discuss. 10 marks
'Kenya has failed its MDGs for health.' Discuss what should be done next in Kenya to get the country back on track. Justify your decisions. 15 marks

Are these the questions that are in the zig zag booklet?
YES
ellyottpoulter
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Based on Item 1
- Outline the roles of riders for health
- Suggest reasons for the high child mortality rates in Kenya
- Consider the advantages and disadvantages of grassroots/bottom up initiatives and top down/government initiatives
- Why is transport the key to development
- Comment on the links between figure P1, figure P7 and figure P8.
- To what extent has the rider for health programme helped Kenya improve its healthcare.

Based on Item 2
- Suggest reasons for the variations in population density across Kenya
- Using the maps suggest reasons why some areas of Kenya face such high poverty levels
- outline the advantages and disadvantages of using chloropleth maps as a way of presenting data.
-discuss the issues that the physical and human geography of Kenya present for the distribution of medical resources.
- Discuss the issues that the physical and social geography of Kenya present for healthcare provision.
- To what extent has Kenya’s development been constrained by its physical geography.
- to what extent has Kenyas development been constrained by its social geography.

Based on Item 3
- Summarise the issues facing the Kenyan Health service.
- Evaluate the current "top down" logistics system on Kenya
- Using the AIB and your own ideas suggest ways in which the logistical issues facing the Kenyan Health service could be reduced
- Using the AIB and your own ideas suggest ways in which the staffing and resource issues facing the Kenyan Health Service could be reduced.
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of a "rotating expat programme"
- “There has been much discussion about whether LEDC’s with high HIV/AIDS rates should invest more of their limited resources into healthcare”, Examine the social, economic and environmental reasons for investing more in healthcare in Kenya.

Based on Item 4
- How does the work of the Riders for health fit with the recommendations made in Kenyas report under the heading "strengthening service delivery systems"
- How effective do you think the suggestions made to help the country achieve the millennium development goals are
- create a plan for developing the health service in Kenya to meet the MDG’s for health and justify your decisions
-Comment on the impact of HIV on development and how do the Riders help to solve these issues
-How might the plans for the recommendations in Item 4 improve conditions for people living in some of Kenya's more rural areas?
- “The Kenyan Health Service is not fit for purpose”, discuss this statement.
- Identify why investing in transport infrastructure now will benefit Kenya in the future.
-To what extent is Kenya ever likely to achieve its millennium development goals.

Based on Item 5
- Critically evaluate one or more of the websites you have visited
-In item 5 you are asked to visit a number of websites. Evaluate the effectiveness of the riders for health website in gaining support for their cause.
ButtonsBile
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Also for anyone like me the zigzag sample booklet displays like 50% of the
information
http://zigzageducation.co.uk/samplep...phy/s5770a.pdf
quite useful without breaking copyright :P
winter97
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

I'm talking about the actual long written answers they have given not the point plans on how to set it out
subject1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by winter97)
I'm talking about the actual long written answers they have given not the point plans on how to set it out
Yes I am referring to those, they aren't "sample answers". They are mark schemes.
coronatheatre
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
To gain 15 marks on 'to what extent have riders helped Kenya's healthcare'? what is everyone including?
Bunny2014
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ellyottpoulter)
Based on Item 1
- Outline the roles of riders for health
- Suggest reasons for the high child mortality rates in Kenya
- Consider the advantages and disadvantages of grassroots/bottom up initiatives and top down/government initiatives
- Why is transport the key to development
- Comment on the links between figure P1, figure P7 and figure P8.
- To what extent has the rider for health programme helped Kenya improve its healthcare.

Based on Item 2
- Suggest reasons for the variations in population density across Kenya
- Using the maps suggest reasons why some areas of Kenya face such high poverty levels
- outline the advantages and disadvantages of using chloropleth maps as a way of presenting data.
-discuss the issues that the physical and human geography of Kenya present for the distribution of medical resources.
- Discuss the issues that the physical and social geography of Kenya present for healthcare provision.
- To what extent has Kenya’s development been constrained by its physical geography.
- to what extent has Kenyas development been constrained by its social geography.

Based on Item 3
- Summarise the issues facing the Kenyan Health service.
- Evaluate the current "top down" logistics system on Kenya
- Using the AIB and your own ideas suggest ways in which the logistical issues facing the Kenyan Health service could be reduced
- Using the AIB and your own ideas suggest ways in which the staffing and resource issues facing the Kenyan Health Service could be reduced.
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of a "rotating expat programme"
- “There has been much discussion about whether LEDC’s with high HIV/AIDS rates should invest more of their limited resources into healthcare”, Examine the social, economic and environmental reasons for investing more in healthcare in Kenya.

Based on Item 4
- How does the work of the Riders for health fit with the recommendations made in Kenyas report under the heading "strengthening service delivery systems"
- How effective do you think the suggestions made to help the country achieve the millennium development goals are
- create a plan for developing the health service in Kenya to meet the MDG’s for health and justify your decisions
-Comment on the impact of HIV on development and how do the Riders help to solve these issues
-How might the plans for the recommendations in Item 4 improve conditions for people living in some of Kenya's more rural areas?
- “The Kenyan Health Service is not fit for purpose”, discuss this statement.
- Identify why investing in transport infrastructure now will benefit Kenya in the future.
-To what extent is Kenya ever likely to achieve its millennium development goals.

Based on Item 5
- Critically evaluate one or more of the websites you have visited
-In item 5 you are asked to visit a number of websites. Evaluate the effectiveness of the riders for health website in gaining support for their cause.

Glad you found my questions useful, but you saved me the job of copying and pasting them on this thread.
bethabbott
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by coronatheatre)
To gain 15 marks on 'to what extent have riders helped Kenya's healthcare'? what is everyone including?
i have a question out of the zig zag (our teacher was a knob and only photocopied 3 pages out of it) but its planning this answer & the structure if you want it
coronatheatre
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i have a question out of the zig zag (our teacher was a knob and only photocopied 3 pages out of it) but its planning this answer & the structure if you want it
yes pls x
asianjim
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anybody have any ideas why the maternal mortality rate in Kenya has increased, where as most other goals have atleast been worked towards slightly?
ButtonsBile
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Please post it I'd love to see.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (1)
12.5%
No (7)
87.5%

Watched Threads