Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 16161616)
    So what was the answer to the sales figure growth question then??? Unemployment or Customer wants met
    Obviously customer needs. A high unemployment leads to a fall in sales

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JodieMarsh)
    The figures where states as a percentage, therefore the factor of 60 million UK potential customers where as 6 billion world wide is irrelevant, as its talking about percentage growth. Clearly the company is doing well to achieve this growth both internationally and in the UK, and therefore it could survive through unemployment, as the only possibly answer which could give the different of 30% growth is unemployment.

I stand by my answer D, a rise in uk unemployment
    Starting to agree with you now, was a really nasty question though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yousf)
    What question is this you guys are arguing over?

Mutliple choice question asking why slaes volume had increased in uk and internationally

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smeggo)
    Starting to agree with you now, was a really nasty question though.
    Can you remind what the question was, and how on earth does a rise in unemployment lead to an increase in sales!!?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Supreme G;55919377]I suppose neither B or D can be completely ruled out but im just going to hope that it was D. Also, how many marks does everyone think will be needed to achieve an A in this unit? Im hoping for around 50.[/QUOTE
    Last year it was 48 and imo this year was more difficult so..... I could just be being optimistic though

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me how the marks divided up into eg how many multiple choice marks were there altogether and then how many 8 markers 10 markers 6 marker etc please

ReputationRep:
    The figures where states as a percentage, therefore the factor of 60 million UK potential customers where as 6 billion world wide is irrelevant, as its talking about percentage growth. Clearly the company is doing well to achieve this growth both internationally and in the UK, and therefore it could survive through unemployment, as the only possibly answer which could give the different of 30% growth is unemployment.

I stand by my answer D, a rise in uk unemployment
    I think the difference in % can be explained though. Cath Kitdson has 58 stores in the UK. 58 stores targetting 60 or so million. Whereas internationally she has 59 stores which target the remaining 6/7 billion, therefore youd have to say that shed saturated the UK market in comparison to the International market and therefore youd expect sales growth internationally to be greater than it is in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    If the question said why sales in the uk and internationally increase its referring to both uk and international, a rise in unemployment will contradict the first part of 'sales in uk'. Customer needs being met however will always lead to an increase in sales

ReputationRep:
    Wow that sounds quite good then, I can't manage to see how I dropped 22 marks or more to be honest so roll on unit 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supreme G)
    Wow that sounds quite good then, I can't manage to see how I dropped 22 marks or more to be honest so roll on unit 2
    How many 8 markers, 6 markers 10 markers and 4 markers (ignoring multiple choice) were there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 16161616)
    Can anyone tell me how the marks divided up into eg how many multiple choice marks were there altogether and then how many 8 markers 10 markers 6 marker etc please
    Well theres always 32 available for section A. Divided between 8, 4 markers. Then im pretty sure Section B was a 4 marker, 6 marker, 8 marker, 8 marker, 6 marker, 6 marker? Not 100% though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FinStone)
    Well theres always 32 available for section A. Divided between 8, 4 markers. Then im pretty sure Section B was a 4 marker, 6 marker, 8 marker, 8 marker, 6 marker, 6 marker? Not 100% though
    Spot on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FinStone)
    I think the difference in % can be explained though. Cath Kitdson has 58 stores in the UK. 58 stores targetting 60 or so million. Whereas internationally she has 59 stores which target the remaining 6/7 billion, therefore youd have to say that shed saturated the UK market in comparison to the International market and therefore youd expect sales growth internationally to be greater than it is in the UK.
    I get your point, but we are not expected to have any background of Cath Kitdson as its not on the syllabus therefore this information can be deemed as useless or not needed. We can only use the information provided, and usually last questions are always tougher, and the obvious choices always seem to be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I can understand why most will say consumers wants met. Especially if they said both UK and international trading increased. but the fact they had such emphasis on the difference between 20% and 51% the only possible answer is a rise in unemployment, its undisputed! you cant dispute that fact. Consumer wants met would not create a difference of growth worldwide and in the UK with the information they gave us, its not possible!
    Yea i think you are wrong im afraid, there was little emphasis on the difference between international and uk and the company will of saturated uk market and not international market

ReputationRep:
    Well i think i lost about 15-120 marks

ReputationRep:
    I get your point, but we are not expected to have any background of Cath Kitdson as its not on the syllabus therefore this information can be deemed as useless or not needed. We can only use the information provided, and usually last questions are always tougher, and the obvious choices always seem to be wrong.
    Yea fair enough. Not exactly the clearest question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohan taneja)
    Well i think i lost about 15-120 marks
    120 wouldnt be great!

ReputationRep:
    Personally I think this was a pretty tough paper. Hopefully the boundaries for an A will be lower this year.
    It was really strange to see section B actually easier than Section A, but I missed the part B off the last question!

Anyone got a list of the MC questions and answers yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nath98)
    Personally I think this was a pretty tough paper. Hopefully the boundaries for an A will be lower this year.
    It was really strange to see section B actually easier than Section A, but I missed the part B off the last question!

Anyone got a list of the MC questions and answers yet?
    1) Market Orientation
    2) An Ethical Stance
    3)Retained Profit
    4)More UK Vistors To India
    5)Operating Profit in the previous three months was 290.56million Euros
    6)Margin of safety (0)
    7)Guaranteed Operating Profit
    8)Consumer Wants Met

ReputationRep:
    Sorry ment 15-20 hahah

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 19, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.