Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Angry cucumber)
    So if youre on anabolics, your protein synthesis post stimulation is extended in the muscle. Often that is 7 days.

In a natural lifter, it is elevated for 2-3 days. Hence hitting the movement twice a week+ is considered optimal. Hence why fullbody 3x a week has been popular since the Golden Age of BBing

I understand how that's possible to hit each muscle at least twice a week if doing fullbody each time but what's your opinion on someone trying to hit everything twice a week but on a 3 day split? Ie 6 times a week - isn't this too much for the average natty lifter?

(Original post by KeyToSuccess)
    **** you

Bench is now 65kg. What do you advise to do to get my deadlift up, which seems to have stagnated? I've been stuck at 110 max for 4 reps for ages, and even then on some days I struggle to get 100/105. Barbell row, TRX row, wide-grips have all been making good progress so it's pretty bewildering tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Maybe try deloading your DL if you think everything else is fine

ReputationRep:
    If you're stalling at those weights; then you have to consider two things - routine and diet.

I'd vote you're pretty skinny and your routine is built for a drug user; not a natty.

If you've been lifting consistently since Summer 2014; that's kind of ridiculous. My gf is stronger than you (no offence) and has been lifting a lot less time.

By end of year one lifting the couple of people I've helped have been able to get 130+/100+/ 170+. So yeah my recommendation is eat + get a better routine
    Shots fired at the GF comment.

difeo Dirtybit

ReputationRep:
    Chest-Tri's
    Shoulder's-Bi's
    Back
    Legs+Calves
    oh nice do u also have an arm + biceps day? And chest + pecs?

If you're stalling at those weights; then you have to consider two things - routine and diet.

I'd vote you're pretty skinny and your routine is built for a drug user; not a natty.

If you've been lifting consistently since Summer 2014; that's kind of ridiculous. My gf is stronger than you (no offence) and has been lifting a lot less time.

By end of year one lifting the couple of people I've helped have been able to get 130+/100+/ 170+. So yeah my recommendation is eat + get a better routine
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    Lifting just over a month

Lifts are (5 x 5)

Bench - 40KG
    Squat - 55KG
    Deadlift - 70KG
    OHP - 27.5KG

Not really happy with my progress so far, although I do feel fitter in other aspects of life.

Angry cucumber

My deadlift is stalling because of my **** grip, I'm having to wear gloves ATM because the bar shredded my hand open. Any tips?

Also, what are the benefits of doing squats and deadlifts belt-less

Also, I found you on IG

mirin' the red hair bro bro
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by UnknownRoyalist)
    I understand how that's possible to hit each muscle at least twice a week if doing fullbody each time but what's your opinion on someone trying to hit everything twice a week but on a 3 day split? Ie 6 times a week - isn't this too much for the average natty lifter?
    Yeah doable, but just don't be surprised when you're overtrained. Having been there; it really sucks.

3-4 times a week are enough for anybody. If you wanted to go 4x a week; a push pull split or a upper/ lower split would be fine. I do fullbody and do it 3-4x a week depending on life; I do cardio 2-3x a week between 30 and 1hr 30 depending on what it is.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by zKlown)
    Lifting just over a month

Lifts are (5 x 5)

Bench - 40KG
    Squat - 55KG
    Deadlift - 70KG
    OHP - 27.5KG

Not really happy with my progress so far, although I do feel fitter in other aspects of life.

Angry cucumber

My deadlift is stalling because of my **** grip, I'm having to wear gloves ATM because the bar shredded my hand open. Any tips?

Also, what are the benefits of doing squats and deadlifts belt-less

Also, I found you on IG

mirin' the red hair bro bro
    Don't do deadlifts 5x5; it'd kill me, so it'll kill you Do it one max set; balls to the walls. Aim for 5; if you can get more, do. Liquid chalk is great.

What have you done to your hand? I tore a callus off 10 days ago, so I used wraps for a week; they're alright.

I don't see the need for a belt; until your at least 100/140/180 and looking to compete. It allows you to use more weight as you brace against it. Benefits of beltless are - possible lower injury rate; but definately more abs involvement

My hair was peak back in the summer. Annoyed the hell out of me when it rained just after I did it. Being blinded by red hair dye is awful

What's your training?
    How much cardio you doing?
    Bulking?
    Have you considered filming your form?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    oh nice do u also have an arm + biceps day? And chest + pecs?

LOL
    Not everyone trains calves pal!!! U don't even DL anyway so dbi

Pls don't do this

Pls

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    Good thing I have the looks advantage then!!

Tom.x.Gotze when is the last time you trained at 100% btw?

ReputationRep:
    Good thing I have the looks advantage then!!

Tom.x.Gotze when is the last time you trained at 100% btw?
    But do you look like this?

ReputationRep:
    This is the gayest thread on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    But do you look like this?

Basically yeah but taller, dencher and slightly better looking

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Luke DEL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Luke DEL
    Ndy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    This is the gayest thread on TSR.
    Be careful I got a warning for saying "This page is gay" in the misc. Harsh n ting.

ReputationRep:
    Be careful I got a warning for saying "This page is gay" in the misc. Harsh n ting.
    Yeah but you're a wasteman <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Yeah but you're a wasteman <3

ReputationRep:
    The weakness of your reply reflects how little you lift.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    The weakness of your reply reflects how little you lift.
    Imagine Luke actually being funny

ReputationRep:
    Imagine Luke actually being funny
    Reporting Sheddy for that.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.