Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Same here! Good luck, I'm sure you'll do well!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingotis)
    Anyone do Cambridge ICT in April??? Find it Easy?
    I did. I thought it was ok.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asha.o)
    Yep, it is! Good luck!
    U too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mxskaan)
    haha don't worry i probably got none either! And goodluck for tomorrow!! I'm only in year 10, did my re gcse early this year to get it out of the way, just got my unit 2 religion and human experience on june 2nd and the rest of my gcses next year
    Ohh well I guess that's one gcse out of the way for you then And thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newromanticss)
    Did anyone do sociology? I thought it was harder than the past papers.. Especially the twelve mark questions
    I did the sociology and I loved the multiple choice questions. I also thought some of the twelve mark questions were hard but I hoping for the best. I'm sure you did well x

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone doing AQA RS Short Course tomorrow? I'm privately entering and am a little worried on things like structuring my answers :/

ReputationRep:
    I found Ethics 1 fairly straightforward. But Ethics 2 was quite hard for me D:

ReputationRep:
    Just got back from my Exedcel French reading & listening exams! I thought they went okay, even though I guessed a few of the multiple choice answers
    Scared about AQA B2 & B3 this afternoon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roarchika)
    Is anyone doing AQA RS Short Course tomorrow? I'm privately entering and am a little worried on things like structuring my answers :/
    Hi!

I'm doing the AQA Religious Studies B exam tomorrow. I take it you're doing Unit 2 - Religion and Life Issues.

My School have kept on pestering us on the structure for every single question. For 6 markers (extended answers), they gave us the structure of MORE.

M - My opinion (x2)
    O - Opposite View (x2)
    R - Religious View
    E - Evaluation

For 1 or 2 markers you just need to provide for what they ask. For example, Name 2 types of war, Religious and Ideological.

For 3 or 4 markers you just need to provide two explained points.

They also told us that if they ask you for religious attitudes THEY ALWAYS WANT A RELIGIOUS TEACHING OR QUOTE.

According to my teacher, if you use the above structures you can't go wrong.

Hoped that helped and Good Luck!

PS: what are you aiming for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ouatislifex)
    I have my first exam next Monday (English Lit) and I haven't got study leave urrrggghhh
    Same

ReputationRep:
    French today was so hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im_mo)
    Hi!

I'm doing the AQA Religious Studies B exam tomorrow. I take it you're doing Unit 2 - Religion and Life Issues.
    You lifesaver! Thank you so much! Yep, I'm doing religion and life issues so just to clarify, if you had a 6 marker on say "All countries should proceed with nuclear disarmament. What's your opinion, include religious attitudes." or something, would you say "I agree because ______ and also because _____, and this is backed up by this religious teaching ____, however you could argue against it because _____ and ______, which is backed up by ______ from ___ religion, although because not everybody believes in religion you can't expect everyone to have those beliefs"? Or would it be more like "My opinion, my other opinion, 2 opposite opinions, a religious opinion, does this religious opinion make sense"? I'm not entirely sure I understand what evaluate means in this context, sorry! (also for different types of war - I've only learnt them as between nations/civil war/war against terrrorism??? I'm using the AQA revision book so I hope to heck it's not been misleading me) And I'm aiming for an A*, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    You lifesaver! Thank you so much! Yep, I'm doing religion and life issues so just to clarify, if you had a 6 marker on say "All countries should proceed with nuclear disarmament. What's your opinion, include religious attitudes." or something, would you say "I agree because ______ and also because _____, and this is backed up by this religious teaching ____, however you could argue against it because _____ and ______, which is backed up by ______ from ___ religion, although because not everybody believes in religion you can't expect everyone to have those beliefs"? Or would it be more like "My opinion, my other opinion, 2 opposite opinions, a religious opinion, does this religious opinion make sense"? I'm not entirely sure I understand what evaluate means in this context, sorry! (also for different types of war - I've only learnt them as between nations/civil war/war against terrrorism??? I'm using the AQA revision book so I hope to heck it's not been misleading me) And I'm aiming for an A*, what about you?
    Hi! (again)

For the 6 markers, You just need to go by the structure of:

I agree/disagree with the above statement because................... I also agree/disagree with it because...................... A Christian/Muslim/Jew may agree with me because they believe in the quote/teaching..................This means.........

However, some Christians/Muslims/Jews may disagree with my original opinion due to the fact they believe in the quote/teaching........................ ......This teaches them..................Another person may disagree with me because they believe that..............(this doesn't have to be a religious teaching).

All in all, I still maintain and believe in my original opinion due to the fact that.....................(just repeat some opinions, e.g. using nuclear weapons is a waste of government spending and that it would be of better value if it was used on developing social projects for communities).

Hoped that helped and SAME I'm aiming for an A* too!

Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im_mo)
    Hi! (again)

For the 6 markers, You just need to go by the structure of:
    Again, thank you so much! This helps so, so much!! Good luck to you too, I'm sure we'll be fine! I like RS since a lot of it is just common sense combined with religious teachings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AtomicAJ)
    Did anyone do RE unit 5? (St Mark's Gospel)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did it was easier than I expected... Which question on section B did you answer?

ReputationRep:
    Again, thank you so much! This helps so, so much!! Good luck to you too, I'm sure we'll be fine! I like RS since a lot of it is just common sense combined with religious teachings
    Yeah that's so true! If your good at conveying your opinions you can do well! Keep me up to date about how it goes for you! I have to get through my ICT exam first tomorrow morning.

Can't wait to find out how it goes!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zenayounis)
    French today was so hard
    I thought that too! I've heard that if the national average is low, they lower the grade boundaries...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im_mo)
    Yeah that's so true! If your good at conveying your opinions you can do well! Keep me up to date about how it goes for you! I have to get through my ICT exam first tomorrow morning.

Can't wait to find out how it goes!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Though really, you have to have the morally "right" opinion to get the best marks... still, that's never hard to argue for Will do, good luck for ICT! Am I the only one who finds theory ICT far easier than the practicals...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im_mo)
    Hi!

My School have kept on pestering us on the structure for every single question. For 6 markers (extended answers), they gave us the structure of MORE.

M - My opinion (x2)
    O - Opposite View (x2)
    R - Religious View
    E - Evaluation

For 1 or 2 markers you just need to provide for what they ask. For example, Name 2 types of war, Religious and Ideological.

For 3 or 4 markers you just need to provide two explained points.

They also told us that if they ask you for religious attitudes THEY ALWAYS WANT A RELIGIOUS TEACHING OR QUOTE.

According to my teacher, if you use the above structures you can't go wrong.

Hoped that helped and Good Luck!

PS: what are you aiming for?

Could you please elaborate on the 3-4 marks. Do you need to give religious quotes/teaches?
    Could you give an example.
    Also, in the 2013 paper, they did 5 mark questions. How would you go on answering that?
    I'm aiming for an A*

THANKS!

ReputationRep:
    Just done the Biology Unit 2 Higher exam paper. Easier than I thought but the six marker was awkward. How did you all find it? And what did you put for the how"did this fossils form" question? I put gradual replacement by minerals.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.