Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isachambers112)
    What about the last question on the paper, mendel and his findings and why other scientists didn't think it was important ?
    sumone in my class put down (cuz he didnt have a clue) he wrote ' Because monks werent considered as brainy ' lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _wikipedia)
    did anyone get the answer as to why ribosomes cannot be seen under a light microscope? It frustrated me so much
    i just said they're too tiny...probs wrong..i think it might have been one of those questions thats less complicated than you think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kwstudent)
    sumone in my class put down (cuz he didnt have a clue) he wrote ' Because monks werent considered as brainy ' lol
    to be fair he might get a mark for saying he was a monk hahahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _wikipedia)
    did anyone get the answer as to why ribosomes cannot be seen under a light microscope? It frustrated me so much
    I put that ribosomes are too small to be seen under a light microscope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shots-fired)
    I got 3:1
    SAMEE!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isachambers112)
    What about the last question on the paper, mendel and his findings and why other scientists didn't think it was important ?
    1) he wasn't a scientist; he was a monk
    2) lack of knowledge and evidence on genes

ReputationRep:
    @_wikipedia nope, i guessed and said that they were invisible, oh no

@ellen199 it was towards the end i think, it was definitely in there. the mendel question was at the end & the mitosis question was i think page 4 or 5

@kwstudent i did the same, i mean about the length of the leaf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asxhaa)
    SAMEE!
    yessss

ReputationRep:
    Oh and for the ratio question I literally just put the numbers given in a ratio

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellen199)
    to be fair he might get a mark for saying he was a monk hahahah
    yeah mebe!
    Mendel musta been pretty 'peed' off with peas anyway

ReputationRep:
    I got really confused with the person one 77 thing as well because I measured it over 80 as well. Then I realised that the question was asking what the stroke volume was at after 1 minute and the stroke volume was 77 at 1 minute, not the highest point of the graph which was over 80.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyrailly)

@ellen199 it was towards the end i think, it was definitely in there. the mendel question was at the end & the mitosis question was i think page 4 or 5

yeah i thought it was pretty obvious that ques...like wot else wud they use the ruler for?? Measuring the rays of light?!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyrailly)

do you remember what other question was on the page with the mitosis/meiosis question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imyleighx)
    I put that ribosomes are too small to be seen under a light microscope
    That's what I put as well; probably the right answer because "A mitochondria is 500-1000 nanometers . A ribosome is 20nm" And you could see the mitochondria in the diagram

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure it's right and that you need an electron microscope to see them.

ReputationRep:
    For the question about heterozygous and homozygous, did anyone else put Homo, Homo, Hetero?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellen199)
    do you remember what other question was on the page with the mitosis/meiosis question
    Mendel and his peas
    The genectic diagram

i thinkkkkk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonahfromtonga)
    For the question about heterozygous and homozygous, did anyone else put Homo, Homo, Hetero?
    Yeah I did too, cause F1 plants were either either carriers or homo again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonahfromtonga)
    i did!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kwstudent)
    Mendel and his peas
    The genectic diagram

i thinkkkkk
    ohh right okay thank you i didn't miss that so maybe i just accidentally missed that one question raaaaa

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 28, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.