The Student Room Group

WJEC AS Physics PH1 May 19th 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Qwertykeyboard15
Sorry wasn't meant to put the ^2, I didn't use that luckily 😂 did everyone else get the resultant vector as 3.56?
U is the letter they labelled the arrow on the diagram (I think)

I think it was R? Yeah got that resultant velocity. 58.56 or something for angle.
Original post by PrimeLime
v^2=u^2+2ax still works, it's just that it's a more complicated way of doing it.

Haha every one of the suvat equations could have given you the right answer for that bit. S=0.44m (I think) u=? v=0 t=0.3 a=-9.81 you had everything you could have needed!
(edited 8 years ago)
I think it was R? Yeah got that resultant velocity. 58.56 or something for angle.

55.8 for the angle! :tongue:
Oh and where the hell were the EMF questions that come up every year? -.-
Original post by Jonooo123
Haha every one of the suvat equations could have given you the right answer for that bit. S=0.44m (I think) u=? v=0 t=0.3 a=-.981 you had everything you could have needed!

Yep.
No one (including me) seems to be able to remember their answers to the train question :s-smilie:. It's a shame because we've posted the answers to practically all of the other calculation questions.
Oh and where the hell were the EMF questions that come up every year? -.-

I was annoyed about that... Those would have been easy marks. :frown: But of course WJEC want to make everything too hard.
And no springs!! Not sure how to react to that. Springs can be nice or nasty...
I'm feeling a lot more confident now, I thought I got everything wrong on the first page 😅
Yep.
No one (including me) seems to be able to remember their answers to the train question :s-smilie:. It's a shame because we've posted the answers to practically all of the other calculation questions.

Yeah I think I remember getting one answer like 126628N left it like that rather than 120kN because it got used in another question, no doubt I'll get slaughtered by the WJEC where two sig figs is the most you ever see in a mark scheme....
Anyone doing WJEC C2 tomorrow? We all know that WJEC will make this paper a lot tougher too!
Anyone doing WJEC C2 tomorrow? We all know that WJEC will make this paper a lot tougher too!

Nope, have got Edexcel C2 tomorrow though :tongue:
I'm feeling a lot more confident now, I thought I got everything wrong on the first page 😅

The grasshopper question was nice and straightforward. The last question was ok, since I've done it. Zipline was good. I think everything else was a bit nasty.
The grasshopper question was nice and straightforward. The last question was ok, since I've done it. Zipline was good. I think everything else was a bit nasty.

I doubt very many people will get 5/5 on the practical bit, hopefully grade boundaries will be a bit generous, hoping for 95+% but I've definitely dropped a mark or two on that bit :tongue:
Yeah I think I remember getting one answer like 126628N left it like that rather than 120kN because it got used in another question, no doubt I'll get slaughtered by the WJEC where two sig figs is the most you ever see in a mark scheme....

I don't like WJEC's thing with sig figs. One day they're rounding buckets off their values and the next day they're going as accurate as 2dp. So you never really get to (safely) rounded to a couple of sf.
I doubt very many people will get 5/5 on the practical bit, hopefully grade boundaries will be a bit generous, hoping for 95+% but I've definitely dropped a mark or two on that bit :tongue:

Same. Full marks on the mock the day before, so I went into the exam confident. Then I get faced with the most awkward paper ever made.
I can't remember what I did on the zip line question. I think the boundaries will be high though because last years paper was x10 harder and it was still 80% to get an A 😁
Anyone know if they care about sig figs in this paper, I know they're picky as hell on ph3 but wondering if they actually give us a break here..
I can't remember what I did on the zip line question. I think the boundaries will be high though because last years paper was x10 harder and it was still 80% to get an A 😁

10x harder?? I thought last year's paper was one of the nicest papers they've ever given us! Jan 2014 was pretty hard though. Still, 76% for an A.
(edited 8 years ago)
Is it bad that I actually found this exam okay? :s-smilie:
Anyone know if they care about sig figs in this paper, I know they're picky as hell on ph3 but wondering if they actually give us a break here..

Never mind, just found a notice to examiners thing and there's no sig fig penalty at all in PH1 or PH2 'unless otherwise stated' which it didn't :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by loinducoeur
Is it bad that I actually found this exam okay? :s-smilie:

YES. It means higher grade boundaries. Way to go.

JK, that's great because most people found it hard!:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending