Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy Hickman)
    I doubt it will be because thats almost half marks which is ridiculous for an A*
    It's been that low before in January 2012, when 25 was an A*. I remember doing that past paper for a practice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zc555)
    It's been that low before in January 2012, when 25 was an A*. I remember doing that past paper for a practice.
    Ahh yes I remember doing that one as well- it was only about 26/45 for the reading if I remember right!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleheron)
    Really? I thought he wanted someone who likes camping and has a love for the country side. I thought he add 'mi mascota' at the very end just to trick us?
    I think that was the trick - he said he wanted someone who loved the countryside, not necessarily someone who liked camping. Then he went on to say he wanted someone who liked pets ('mascota').

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serenium)
    I think that was the trick - he said he wanted someone who loved the countryside, not necessarily someone who liked camping. Then he went on to say he wanted someone who liked pets ('mascota'.
    That was what I thought

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirsty123456)
    Well that was a ridculoudly hard exam..
    Well you cant expect the highest grade to be half marks, maybe an A but even thats pushing it...

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone made the unofficial mark scheme for the reading exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zc555)
    Firstly, that was 2012, this is 3 years later, education is harder, besides GCSEs were set to be generally harder this year.

Secondly, i remember doing that listening and that was ridiculously hard, our whole class was like wtf... compared to that i feel as if this one was better..

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else swoon over Jamie in the listening paper?

ReputationRep:
    Here's the unofficial mark scheme if anyone wants to have a look http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3330365

ReputationRep:
    That's my A* out the window.
    I had to send a really old speaking because they lost my newest one. So I sent two A*, an A and a B.
    I think I got borderline A/* in listening.
    If I got the same in reading what could I get?

ReputationRep:
    If I got 117 out of 120 on the controlled assessments, and a B/A on the listening what would I need on the reading for an A or A* overall? I found both tests quite tricky

ReputationRep:
    If I got 101/120 in my controlled assessments then how much out of 205 do I need for a b?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zulq)
    If I got 101/120 in my controlled assessments then how much out of 205 do I need for a b?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When they calculate your overall grade, your raw mark (101) is converted into UMS out of 180 so that's 152/180. You need 210/300 for a B so to get a B you would have had to get anything above a D in those exams yesterday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rup1999)
    When they calculate your overall grade, your raw mark (101) is converted into UMS out of 180 so that's 152/180. You need 210/300 for a B so to get a B you would have had to get anything above a D in those exams yesterday
    Is it possible to get an A if my coursework is 106 marks out of 120?

ReputationRep:
    I got A/A* in all my speaking and writing controlled assessments and found the exams yesterday really hard. What would I need to get in the reading and listening to get an A* & then an A overall?

ReputationRep:
    I got A star in all my coursework ,what do I need to get for an A star ?

ReputationRep:
    Did you guys just find the listening hard,because i found the reading hard as well.

The questions and the format they give this year, is so different compared to the previous years!

I normally get As, but now i think for both, i never even get those grades! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy Hickman)
    Firstly, that was 2012, this is 3 years later, education is harder, besides GCSEs were set to be generally harder this year.

Secondly, i remember doing that listening and that was ridiculously hard, our whole class was like wtf... compared to that i feel as if this one was better..
    True, but everyone in that class found that paper pretty easy, the lowest mark was 26/40 which was an A*. We all thought this years listening was a lot harder than that listening. Anyone, everyone's different, I'm sure you got a good grade in that if you found it easier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rup1999)
    How do you calculate the UMS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adonbilivit10)
    guys ik all the topics
    i always use to get C and D but now i get A* in both reading and listening
    I got A* overall in coursework
    How did you improve so drastically?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 13, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.