Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody made an unofficial mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TwoStepsAhead)
    Has anybody made an unofficial mark scheme?
    Okay thank you, hopefully they are quite low. And I don't think so because no one can remember the questions..,

ReputationRep:
    I got 50/50 A* practical which is 120/120 UMS marks and in exam my teacher said I needed the following.
    59-A*
    43-A
    26-B
    1 mark for C
    However, if you got an A practical like my friends you will need 59 for an A not an A* and it will be 7-9 marks difference for rest of grade boundries. Hope this helps if u have questions ask me

ReputationRep:
    how about the question where the dude was throwing the javelin any ideas the muscles role? or how serotonin can have health benefits

ReputationRep:
    for the javelin one, I said that the muscle contraction was isotonic and then the other one I talked about how when the biceps contract, the triceps relax to bring about movement. These are antagonistic muscle pairs. something along those lines

ReputationRep:
    for the serotonin one, I said that serotonin is a hormone which gives you the feel good factor. cant remember what else I wrote though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NomadPrincess;[url="tel:55865447")
    55865447[/url]]for the serotonin one, I said that serotonin is a hormone which gives you the feel good factor. cant remember what else I wrote though
    Nice pal,, you know the 6markers is the 3marks for spelling punctuation and grammar included in the 6marks or is it a potential extra three on top

ReputationRep:
    spelling, punction and grammar is included within the 6 marks. Our teacher told us, if you have a really good answer but have phonetic spellings and the sentence structures are not right, marks will be deducted. Like if your answer was 6 marks, it would go down to 5 or 4 depending on the how kind the examiner is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MØRGS)
    had to be narcotics, peptide hormones increase oxygen level but weight training is anaerobic exercise, so it's not needed
    peptide hormones are a general catergory hgh is a peptide hormone that has similar effects to steriods, that was the correct answer

ReputationRep:
    Just to let everyone know, apparently a new writer wrote up our exam for 2015 hence why it was very hard to know what they wanted us to answer with. And I know that some PE departments have complained to the exam board.
    This made me feel a bit better as I found the exam really hard and normally I find them quite doable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goharis123)
    For the Olympic weightlifter wanting to carry more weight was the peptide hormones or narcotic analgesics? (Multiple choice question)
    It was anabolic steroids

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know how many marks I would need for an A and how many marks I would need for a B if I got 46/50 in my coursework?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saffronlord)
    But that's not on the specification, you only need to know EPO?
    Nope it's peptide, look it up. Naucotics wouldn't help weightlifter so at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NomadPrincess)
    for the javelin one, I said that the muscle contraction was isotonic and then the other one I talked about how when the biceps contract, the triceps relax to bring about movement. These are antagonistic muscle pairs. something along those lines
    doesnt the triceps contract and biceps relax to cause extension? I thought it was how does the thrower get from flexing the elbow to extension. And for the serotonin question i put it is released after exercise and gives us a feel good feeling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hollie1903)
    Ill help, ill need reminding in some of the questions though haha
    Haha same- I'm sure of the answers for most questions but I cant remember them. Here are a few:
    1) Key influence Q- Image
    2) Correct diet reduces cholesterol
    3) You need reaction time to balance on the beam
    4) Initiatives include Sport England and PESSCL
    5) Another aim of an initiative- to develop the skill of elite performers
    6) Alcohol increases blood pressure

Does anybody remember any more questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazdadon)
    Haha same- I'm sure of the answers for most questions but I cant remember them. Here are a few:
    1) Key influence Q- Image
    2) Correct diet reduces cholesterol
    3) You need reaction time to balance on the beam
    4) Initiatives include Sport England and PESSCL
    5) Another aim of an initiative- to develop the skill of elite performers
    6) Alcohol increases blood pressure

Does anybody remember any more questions?
    Key infulence: people (for the friends), image (for newspaper) and resources (for elocution)
    for the initiative I put youth sport trust is that right?
    I also put to develop the level of skill for the common aim?
    seretonin is a hormone that is released during exercise, this contributes to the feel good factor, this will improve health because you will take more care for yourself if you feel good.
    javalin thrower: movement is extension(?)

ReputationRep:
    pesscl is on the old spec isn't it? I wrote youth sport trust

ReputationRep:
    No peptide hormones including HGH help to increase strength

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaz.deans)
    no, alcohol is a depressant and it lowers blood pressure, low blood pressure is bad because it can result in heart failure
    I can tell you right now that you're wrong! An example of blood pressure increasing after alcohol is your cheeks going red. This is due to your capillaries dilating due to high systolic blood pressure. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesMcconnell)
    No peptide hormones including HGH help to increase strength
    Yes you're right. That was certainly a question used to test your knowledge of the course.

Another question testing you knowledge was the question about weight training effects on the skeletal system - tricky. But, if you had revised properly it should have been fine!

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.