Turn on thread page Beta

What age do y'all wanna start making babies? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I feel your pain.
    Can't even use the "still a teenager" excuse when you do something stupid...

At least you aren't 21 on Wednesday
    Precisely that! ^
    Also the fact that you actually feel older. When friends asked on my birthday, "do you feel like you're 20?", you'd expect me to be all "psssh no, I was 19 a couple of hours ago" but no. I was honest and told them I felt like I was 60. Back pains and everything.

Awwww, happy 21st birthday for Wednesday!

ReputationRep:
    I've got a kid already, but I never see it nor the mother and don't provide any financial support so it's essentially like it doesn't exist.

For a real family, setting down and having the first kid etc, I'd say around 28 would be good. I'm 24 now.

ReputationRep:
    25-30 I'm a 18 year old male.

This would be ideal for me. But in reality I'm still waiting for the right girl and who knows how long that could take. I don't believe in tradeoffs between time and meaningful longterm relationships.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil08)
    40 + high risk
    Lol
    You may be infirtile girl

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voiceofreason234)
    I've got a kid already, but I never see it nor the mother and don't provide any financial support so it's essentially like it doesn't exist.

For a real family, setting down and having the first kid etc, I'd say around 28 would be good. I'm 24 now.
    Why would you refer to your child as it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mochassassin)
    Precisely that! ^
    Also the fact that you actually feel older. When friends asked on my birthday, "do you feel like you're 20?", you'd expect me to be all "psssh no, I was 19 a couple of hours ago" but no. I was honest and told them I felt like I was 60. Back pains and everything.

Awwww, happy 21st birthday for Wednesday!
    Haha exactly.
    Everybody else saying how old they feel and I'm just chilling here like an old man with my walking stick...

Legit lol'd at "back pains", not bad for an old lady

Ngl was totally fishing for birthday wishes; you didn't disappoint

ReputationRep:
    I want zero at kids forever. 🙊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiminaM)
    Why do so many say enjoy life before having kids? Plenty of people with kids enjoy life and have fun....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Great joke haha how is having kids or hell even being in a relationship any fun outside those few romanticised 'hollywood' moments that we have been made to believe should be our aspiriation in life. Even if you disagree on that, you should know that marrying and having kids at a young age is a fatal mistake, because you are inexperienced, financially unstable and will always in the back of your head want something more once the whole idea didn't turn out as fancy as you might have thought. Of course if you and your partner enjoy being broke ass parents struggling to make ends meet go ahead, in the meantime I will have a family in my mid-30's to early 40's and my kid can get that xbox and benz when he or she wants it. Also whats the point of having kids without a legacy? I don't want to have a son or girl that goes on to become something mediocre, the world needs more productive people and not peasants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProNoob)
    Why would you refer to your child as it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    *shrug* Guess I just don't feel emotionally attached, since I've only met it once to do a DNA test, lol.

ReputationRep:
    Late 20s-mid 30s. not sure why OP and others claim that women can't wait. You can freeze your eggs, BTW. Also, there is nothing wrong with adopting-I think I want to have both biological and adopted children, tbh.

No offense, but it's slightly worrying that some of you want to have kids earlier-it's REALLY expensive to raise a kid, especially with all the academic stuff (e.g. university tuition, tutoring, music lessons, sports) you have to pay for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kurofune)
    No offense, but it's slightly worrying that some of you want to have kids earlier-it's REALLY expensive to raise a kid, especially with all the academic stuff (e.g. university tuition, tutoring, music lessons, sports) you have to pay for.
    What? Uni education is paid for upfront by the state, tutoring is provided by a state school, music lessons are strictly optional not necessary, and most spots activities are fairly cheap.

There's a biological reason for women to have kids in their late teens or early 20's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jemy)
    Great joke haha how is having kids or hell even being in a relationship any fun outside those few romanticised 'hollywood' moments that we have been made to believe should be our aspiriation in life. Even if you disagree on that, you should know that marrying and having kids at a young age is a fatal mistake, because you are inexperienced, financially unstable and will always in the back of your head want something more once the whole idea didn't turn out as fancy as you might have thought. Of course if you and your partner enjoy being broke ass parents struggling to make ends meet go ahead, in the meantime I will have a family in my mid-30's to early 40's and my kid can get that xbox and benz when he or she wants it. Also whats the point of having kids without a legacy? I don't want to have a son or girl that goes on to become something mediocre, the world needs more productive people and not peasants.
    When did I ever say someone should start a family early? Or before having a stable career?

My problem is those people who say that life after kids lacks fun and adventure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voiceofreason234)
    What? Uni education is paid for upfront by the state, tutoring is provided by a state school, music lessons are strictly optional not necessary, and most spots activities are fairly cheap.

There's a biological reason for women to have kids in their late teens or early 20's.

I'm not from the UK. I live in the US, but I've also lived in Japan, so that's where I draw my experiences. In those countries, a more holistic approach to school/university admissions (for the US, not Japan) is considered. That means a greater emphasis on extracurricular activities-and obtaining accomplishments on a higher level.

For example, one of my friends plays the violin and was lucky to have played at Carnegie Hall. To achieve that, he started playing violin from the age of five, and his parents spent thousands of dollars for not just regular lessons, but auditions at places like Juilliard, famous violinists, masterclasses, etc. It's pretty fair to say that his parents spent around ten thousand on his violin activities alone, discounting tutoring for standardized tests, other subjects, etc. (BTW, my friend got into Harvard, so that money did pay off.)

Also, did you not comprehend the fact that I said you can freeze your eggs? It is possible to wait and not sacrifice your career.

ReputationRep:
    My son is the best accident of my life . My wife and I did think to wait until I had fully graduated and was financially better off than I was but God (if you believe in God, if not then whatever floats your boat) had other plans.
    I was 27 when he was born, my wife was 25. I am still to complete my final year in engineering, financially I am not any worse of really than I was before my son was born. As a parent you merely make different choices, new PS4 game or nappies? PS4 game naturally .
    People tend to think babies are expensive, they are not. Babies are relatively cheap, depending on how you are as a person. If you want to dress them up in armani and gucci baby grows then it will be more expensive than your average tesco 3 pack baby clothes.
    Personally I think best time to have kids is around mid 20's.

ReputationRep:
    Marry age 25/26.

Baby popping age 29/30.

5 years to bang and experiment.

ReputationRep:
    I want to have kids between the ages of 25-32. I don't want a bigger age gap. I also want to have a good career and be married for a year before so it'll probably be around 29(omg like my parents :eek: this is weird)

Lol when I was 5 I used to say I'll marry at 20 and have kids at 22.
    Is it just me that finds it ****ed up when 5 year-old children are planning their children?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TurboCretin)
    Is it just me that finds it ****ed up when 5 year-old children are planning their children?
    Wtf lol I was not planning anything. My grandma used to ask me and that is what I said back then :rofl:
    I never gave it any serious thought...

ReputationRep:
    Wtf lol I was not planning anything. My grandma used to ask me and that is what I said back then :rofl:
    Fair enough, just sounded like you'd sat down age 5 to plan your life, haha. It's not beyond the realms of normality for girls, either...

(Original post by kurofune)
    I'm not from the UK. I live in the US, but I've also lived in Japan, so that's where I draw my experiences. In those countries, a more holistic approach to school/university admissions (for the US, not Japan) is considered. That means a greater emphasis on extracurricular activities-and obtaining accomplishments on a higher level.

For example, one of my friends plays the violin and was lucky to have played at Carnegie Hall. To achieve that, he started playing violin from the age of five, and his parents spent thousands of dollars for not just regular lessons, but auditions at places like Juilliard, famous violinists, masterclasses, etc. It's pretty fair to say that his parents spent around ten thousand on his violin activities alone, discounting tutoring for standardized tests, other subjects, etc. (BTW, my friend got into Harvard, so that money did pay off.)

Also, did you not comprehend the fact that I said you can freeze your eggs? It is possible to wait and not sacrifice your career.
    All good, but I think he was saying that just because this is your plan doesn't make other people's plans 'slightly worrying'. Your plans are fine, but there are perfectly sound reasons to want to have children younger as well.

ReputationRep:
    Never.

ReputationRep:
    Never.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.