Ex-Muslim British Male AMA Watch

This discussion is closed.
TheBBQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by rufflin)
Apparently the hangover isn't as bad with Jagerbombs because of the red bull with it? That's what I was told for some reason haha.

Thinking of starting with cider e.g. Koppaberg, then the 'proper' beers like Carslberg etc
Mixing drinks with one another is usually a bad idea. Mixing alcohol and caffeine is definitely a bad idea, believe me!

Kopparberg is nice as a cider tbh, one of the only few ciders that I can deal with.

Carlsberg and Fosters etc aren't really my thing. Obviously you might like them, but I prefer Corona and Peroni tbh. It's all about finding what you like
student_2902
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Idk, I've never had turkey ham , have you done anything else 'haram' aside from drinking once?
student_2902
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you're drinking for taste, WKD blue is nice but sugary and Smirnoff ice tastes like lemonade. Usually drink Smirnoff red or Glenn's if I wanna get drunk, tastes awful but does the job
EdmundWoodstock
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by husband material)
If atoms are mostly empty space, what makes some things so heavy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Their density.
rufflin
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by al_94)
Why do you describe yourself as an ex-Muslim? Is that your raison d'être?
Because I used to be a Muslim, but now I'm not. And nah, it's more of a way to describe leaving a huge part of my life.
rufflin
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ghost.)
Hey man just wanted to say congratulations on leaving islam, I left 2/half years ago, now very happy living with my girlfriend.

PM me if you need anything.

also drop by the exmuslim thread and say hello
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...0#post55874155
Hey, congratulations to you too! Awesome news, happy to hear. And I will do thanks:cool:
rufflin
Rep:
?
(Original post by frozo123)
Do you know whether in your ancestry, your family migrated to India or are converts?
I actually don't, it's something I would like to find out though. I know that my great-great grandparents from both sides were born in India, that's about it.
javedkid123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Let me get this straight. Your Dad is a 'hanafi' sufi but your just a hanafi. And you left Islam because you deny the Qadr of Allah.
rufflin
Rep:
?
(Original post by 13pamina13)
I aint a muslim and I aint trying attack you or say what you did is good or bad cus ur life so ur choice #YOLO but from what I heard in islam they believe that everyone is born with free will and choice therefore whatever they do in life is their choice but you know they way when you look at a map you can see all the countries in one whole view, but if you didn't have a map then you would have to travel through all the countries to see which countery came next well that is how life is. we travel through life making choices everyday. but god can see our life as a map seeing what happens at the beginning and what happens at the end but everything that does happen is completely our choice. so god has the view from above and can see our whole life what has happend and what will happen in future right infront of him like a map. that is how one of ma mates explained it to me and I found it really interesting but like you I aint exactly commited to any beleifs or religions so...erm hav a nice day
Read up on Qadr, everything that has happened and will happen has already been written. Muslims say things like that to get more people to become Muslim.

Have you always abstained from religion?
rufflin
Rep:
?
(Original post by javedkid123)
Let me get this straight. Your Dad is a 'hanafi' sufi but your just a hanafi. And you left Islam because you deny the Qadr of Allah.
I am not a hanafi anymore so that's irrelevant. I didn't deny Qadr, I said it was contradictory to his claims of being most-merciful/kind because he created disbelievers, knowing they would disbelieve and then he would punish them in the hell-fire, for doing what God had written for them to do.
rufflin
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheBBQ)
Mixing drinks with one another is usually a bad idea. Mixing alcohol and caffeine is definitely a bad idea, believe me!

Kopparberg is nice as a cider tbh, one of the only few ciders that I can deal with.

Carlsberg and Fosters etc aren't really my thing. Obviously you might like them, but I prefer Corona and Peroni tbh. It's all about finding what you like
Haha, I don't remember much about it apart from the medicine-like taste!

Always see those mixed berry Koppaberg's everywhere.

I think I'll ease into it, I don't ever want to be a regular drinker tbh (more for health reasons).
rufflin
Rep:
?
(Original post by student_2902)
Idk, I've never had turkey ham , have you done anything else 'haram' aside from drinking once?

If you're drinking for taste, WKD blue is nice but sugary and Smirnoff ice tastes like lemonade. Usually drink Smirnoff red or Glenn's if I wanna get drunk, tastes awful but does the job
Apart from listening to music/not praying, not really. Doing haram things isn't as big a deal for me, I didn't leave islam to do haram things tbh. I just didn't agree with it anymore, and now I don't feel bound by religion, it feels weird having a lot more actual choice.

Haha, thanks for the advice. Think I'll start off with something light like the Smirnoff ice you mentioned. Thanks again
javedkid123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
............... I didn't deny Qadr, I said it was contradictory to his claims of being most-merciful/kind because he created disbelievers, knowing they would disbelieve and then he would punish them in the hell-fire, for doing what God had written for them to do.
Yeah thats what is known as "Qadr". So you left Islam because you didn't believe in the Qadr of Allah (in short).
javedkid123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Read up on Qadr, everything that has happened and will happen has already been written. Muslims say things like that to get more people to become Muslim.

Have you always abstained from religion?

Read up on Qadriyyah and their arguments ( the same one you try to present) and learn how the people of knowledge refuted them.
Last edited by javedkid123; 3 years ago
rufflin
Rep:
?
Yeah thats what is known as "Qadr". So you left Islam because you didn't believe in the Qadr of Allah (in short).
Read up on Qadriyyah and their arguments ( the same one you try to preset) and learn how the people of knowledge refuted them.
It's not lack of belief, if anything it was the belief in Qadr that contributed to me leaving, among other things. The idea of theism is one.

Qadariyah has been openly criticised in hadeeth in "The Creed of the Imaam of Hadeeth al Bukhari". Do some reading on it yourself.
javedkid123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's not lack of belief, if anything it was the belief in Qadr that contributed to me leaving
(for the last) HENCE YOU LEFT ISLAM BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T BELIEVE/DENIED/DIDN't UNDERSTAND ILM' QADR

amoung other things the idea of theism is one.
Care to explain your refutation on Tawheed ?

Qadariyah has been openly criticised in hadeeth in "The Creed of the Imaam of Hadeeth al Bukhari". Do some reading on it yourself.
1) Have you even read that book your self.
2) That book is not even ahadith book
3) Yeah I disagree with the likes of al Qadariyah aswell, but if your Dad is a sufi, than why wouldn't you want to follow al Qadariyah if you don't like the concept of Qadr ?
Last edited by javedkid123; 3 years ago
rufflin
Rep:
?
(for the last) HENCE YOU LEFT ISLAM BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T BELIEVE/DENIED/DIDN't UNDERSTAND ILM' QADR

Care to explain your refutation on Tawheed ?

1) Have you even read that book your self.
2) That book is not even ahadith book
3) Yeah I disagree with the likes of al Qadariyah aswell, but if your Dad is a sufi, than why wouldn't you want to follow al Qadariyah if you don't like the concept of Qadr ?
Call it what you want, it's contradictory so whatever.

Yes, I have read that book myself. The book is a commentary on Quran/Hadeeth and it clearly shows the following Ayah from the Quran:
" “Verily, We have created all things with Qadar (Divine Preordainments of all things before their creation, as written in the Book of Decrees, al-Lauh al-Mahfooz)” alQamar (54):49".
So don't talk unless you've read it yourself.

Because I don't want to blindly follow something because my dad follows it? And that wasn't the only reason why I left Islam?
javedkid123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Call it what you want, it's contradictory so whatever.
Yes, I have read that book myself. The book is a commentary on Quran/Hadeeth
No it's a book on the Aqeedah of Bukhari and a short bio on known scholars and their works on how they refuted sects.

So don't talk unless you've read it yourself.
I honestly don't think you have read it yourself tbh.

and it clearly shows the following Ayah from the Quran:
" “Verily, We have created all things with Qadar (Divine Preordainments of all things before their creation, as written in the Book of Decrees, al-Lauh al-Mahfooz)” alQamar (54):49".

Because I don't want to blindly follow something because my dad follows it? And that wasn't the only reason why I left Islam?
Bit confused to be honest. Your quoting from books where scholars refute and explain the arguments you present. And you deny the sects that have the same belief as you.
Ripper Phoenix
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Idris11)
they where not lucky[ the kaafir] to be born into a muslim family, u where lucky and blessed with and now you are wasting it.

OMFG OMFG OMFG! I can't believe that a sensible human with a brain would make such a comment... that means you call non muslims unlucky. How can you still believe in such a thing.
rufflin
Rep:
?
No it's a book on the Aqeedah of Bukhari and a short bio on known scholars and their works on how they refuted sects.

I honestly don't think you have read it yourself tbh.

Bit confused to be honest. Your quoting from books where scholars refute and explain the arguments you present. And you deny the sects that have the same belief as you.
The book starts off with bio's of scholars, followed by topics which have Quran Ayah's/Hadeeth which have explanations under them in Hadeeth and commentary by scholars. Do not be stupid, if you've read the entire thing, not just a Wikipedia paragraph on it, you would know that's the case. I can quote much more than I have done, because I have the book right now.

You're*, and I am denying Islam as being the correct religion for reasons which happen to include Qadr as being one of them, therefore differences in beliefs of sects within Islam are irrelevant. You can be as confused as you want, makes no difference to my life whatsoever.

Have a good day.
Last edited by rufflin; 3 years ago
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (613)
91.22%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (59)
8.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise