Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone! How are you? I'm great! Received an offer to study Journalism and I'm so happy! The problem is I've received an e-mail from Cardiff uni, but there were no updates on my UCAS track. I've noticed that I've always received offers on Friday, so maybe they'll update on Friday...is this even possible? I can't wait to see the condition since I know it wil be a conditional offer. All this waiting is killing me! :bricks:
    Has anyone experienced the same situation? I mean, is this normal? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Applied for Biology from Lancashire

ReputationRep:
    Had an invite for an interview for Dentistry!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Dioooooon)
    Had an invite for an interview for Dentistry!!
    Nice one -- good luck.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Anything for you, Hatless Cat.
    I went to Cardiff yesterday and I L-O-V-E-D it. It's also safe to say no one gave me the judgemental stares you falsely warned me of.

(Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    I went to Cardiff yesterday and I L-O-V-E-D it. It's also safe to say no one gave me the judgemental stares you falsely warned me of.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Nice to know that you liked it though -- I live here and, I must say, I like it a lot better than London. Nice to read that you agree. What did you think of Newport?
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Nice to know that you liked it though -- I live here and, I must say, I like it a lot better than London. Nice to read that you agree. What did you think of Newport?
    It's sooo much nicer than London. And it was lovely how I approached nearly 10 people for directions (lol) and they didn't have that awful "why are you approaching me"-ridden face that Londoners tend to wear. :lol:

Newport was lovely, I didn't see much of the area because the Software Academy (which is very fancy looking and modern on the top floor :daydreaming:) is literally right next to it

And the lecturers are so lovely oh my :zomg:

Have you applied to Cardiff too?

It's sooo much nicer than London. And it was lovely how I approached nearly 10 people for directions (lol) and they didn't have that awful "why are you approaching me"-ridden face that Londoners tend to wear. :lol:

Newport was lovely, I didn't see much of the area because the Software Academy (which is very fancy looking and modern on the top floor :daydreaming:) is literally right next to it

And the lecturers are so lovely oh my :zomg:
    Newport isn't the best place though, I find. I did a week-long placement at a GP surgery there in October and, well, let's just say that you feel the difference compared to Cardiff when you're travelling on public transport in Newport. The people in Cardiff are also a lot nicer. :lol:

I like Cardiff -- it gets all the best stuff (albeit not to the same extent as London) and is still small enough not to be like London in the all the bad ways.

Have you applied to Cardiff too?
    Yessum, hence my presence on this thread. I'm not just here to troll hatless kitties, you know. :rofl:
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Newport isn't the best place though, I find. I did a week-long placement at a GP surgery there in October and, well, let's just say that you feel the difference compared to Cardiff when you're travelling on public transport in Newport. The people in Cardiff are also a lot nicer. :lol:

I like Cardiff -- it gets all the best stuff (albeit not to the same extent as London) and is still small enough not to be like London in the all the bad ways.

Yessum, hence my presence on this thread. I'm not just here to troll hatless kitties, you know. :rofl:
    Oh no no, I won't be in Newport long enough to need to travel there, where I'll be studying is only a two-minute walk away from the station so I won't need to interact with the people there :lol: funny how a 20-25 minute train journey can make such a difference to the atmosphere :lol:

Well who knows, you may simply be knowledgable in the area and want to give the applicants a heads up ffs :hmmm: :innocent:

Oh no no, I won't be in Newport long enough to need to travel there, where I'll be studying is only a two-minute walk away from the station so I won't need to interact with the people there :lol: funny how a 20-25 minute train journey can make such a difference to the atmosphere :lol:
    Ah, fair enough. And yes, the drop in living standards when you cross into Newport is quite perceptible.

Well who knows, you may simply be knowledgable in the area and want to give the applicants a heads up ffs :hmmm: :innocent:
    I'm a recluse so I don't really know much about the area -- I certainly couldn't tell you anything about the so-called 'nightlife' here. :lol:

Also, I don't like people so I don't help them.

ReputationRep:
    Got a conditional for Media & Communication still waiting for decisions from the other courses I applied to at Cardiff though. I hope to get an offer for Media, Journalism and Culture, which will be my firm

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Had an interview for Mental Health Nursing on Friday, just waiting to see if I get an offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LFB2612)
    I applied for Mechanical Engineering and have an interview I'm from Cardiff 🤓

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi, I have also applied to study Mechanical Engineering at Cardiff University, just sent my application off on Thursday. When did you send your application off and how long did you have to wait for a response?
    Also, what were your predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    Im doing my MA in English Literature at Cardiff starting Sept 2016.

Im from the Bridgend/Cardiff area so anyone has any questions then hit me up

ReputationRep:
    Anyone received anything for biomedical science, it's been past 4 weeks for me now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer for mathematics, operational research and statistics!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niki697)
    Just got an offer for mathematics, operational research and statistics!
    Wow! congrats ...when did you apply and what were your predicted grades..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coolmaths)
    Wow! congrats ...when did you apply and what were your predicted grades..
    I applied about a month ago and my grades are ABB. The offer was for AAB

ReputationRep:
    Newport was lovely
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHA HAHAAAHAHAAA

...sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Also, Cardiff local and student here if anyone needs advice or info.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 30, 2018
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.