Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caravaggio2)
    A quick question to FM's that are saying she shouldn't go to prison.
    If a man fabricated an accusation of sexual assault against a woman (rape not being an option) and as a result she loses her kids, family home , career and goes to prison only for it to be shown that he lied to hurt her, should he go to prison?
    Come on Einstein, you can do it.😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caravaggio2)
    Come on Einstein, you can do it.😊
    It's not going to happen. They're not going to admit to either being heartless to the plight of a woman or to being a hypocrite.

ReputationRep:
    No I know it's a shame isn't?
    I have seen this many times by feminists. You point out where they are being hypocrites and they simply ignore you in the hope that you'll go away. I don't know if they've learned it off each other on line or if they teach it in women's studies classes but it happens far to frequently for it to be coincidental.
    Still, if they're happy to do this I'm happy to keep coming back and calling them on it.😊

ReputationRep:
    Hello All,
    I 'bumped' into your story and felt that I needed to make a comment on your question....

Should a person be be punished for making a false accusation, the answer has to be, if it been proven beyond doubt that a person has lied in order to ruin someone's life then yes they should be however, this is where it gets complicated and the law is designed to protect the accuser, the accused will eventually suffer a lifetime of horrendous traumas that perhaps will never allow them to rebuild their life.

I am such a person who is currently being accused of such a dispickable crime, I do understand and appreciate that a proper process needs to be followed, this process could take up to 18 months, suspended from work and not allowed to see my own children, my life is in ruins.

I'm not able to sleep properly, I never go out and have very few friends who will look at me let alone talk to me and all this because of what someone has suggested.....

Should she go to prison, HELL YES, this person has gone out of their way to make such false statements knowing full well that my Liberty could be taken away from me and no matter what the outcome, my life is ruined forever.

The real victim in this case is myself and those that I love ((((
    Take care, all of you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    No. Don't be absurd. I mean, I'm sure rape does happen legitimately yet it cannot be proved in a court quite a lot. That's an issue and punishing the women then for the rigour of the courts being too much to give her justice for the crime she had to tolerate is just as heinous as jailing a male for rape when he is innocent.

Something needs to be done but jailing false accusers 100% of the time is just a bit silly.
    Absurd? For someone making a false accusation that could destroy someone's reputation, career, and life?

This is obviously different from saying that her failure to prove her case to the criminal standard of proof should automatically send her to prison. If, however, it can be positively demonstrated that the accusation was a lie, that is an appalling action that not only threatens many aspects of a man's life but also damages genuine rape victims who will then be more likely to find themselves suspected of lying. It should be punished accordingly.

ReputationRep:
    I know this is a old thread but I have to say that it is amazing the fact people don't understand the difference between a false accusation and a case that isn't proven.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Just because a guilyu verdict is not achieved doesnt mean the person has accused falsely and clearly where they had a genuine belief then they 100% shouldnt be punished.

The type of people who are punished are thise whi make false accusations and it cna be proven they knew it was false. They go to jail for it and rightly so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DantesG)
    Hello All,
    I 'bumped' into your story and felt that I needed to make a comment on your question....

Should a person be be punished for making a false accusation, the answer has to be, if it been proven beyond doubt that a person has lied in order to ruin someone's life then yes they should be however, this is where it gets complicated and the law is designed to protect the accuser, the accused will eventually suffer a lifetime of horrendous traumas that perhaps will never allow them to rebuild their life.

I am such a person who is currently being accused of such a dispickable crime, I do understand and appreciate that a proper process needs to be followed, this process could take up to 18 months, suspended from work and not allowed to see my own children, my life is in ruins.

I'm not able to sleep properly, I never go out and have very few friends who will look at me let alone talk to me and all this because of what someone has suggested.....

Should she go to prison, HELL YES, this person has gone out of their way to make such false statements knowing full well that my Liberty could be taken away from me and no matter what the outcome, my life is ruined forever.

Take care, all of you
    I know this wouldn't mean much, but good luck and I hope your life takes a drastic turn for the better.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Well, you are mistaken... It does mean a lot to me and I thank you

ReputationRep:
    yes, maybe this will teach people not to lie about someone raping them and hopefully people will start taking rape victims more seriously.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doctor_Einstein)
    Men accused of rape should be guilty until proven innocent.

Yes more innocent men will go to jail, but more rapists will go to jail too, and thus it is justified.
    I do sincerely hope that your not seeking a degree in Law, stand back for a second and listen to yourselves at how irresponsible your comments are.

Perhaps you'd like to experience being falsely accused just to see 'justified' it might be.

ReputationRep:
    yes indeed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James Milibanter)
    He can press charges I believe, fraud and deception.
    Unless it can be proven during the trial that the person committed perjury or Perverting the Course of Justice then nothing will happen to the person.

An individual can take out a private prosecution and pursue the person in court however, this could cost up to £30,000 without any possibility of recovering damages. In any event, the CPS could 'take over' the case and then refuse to continue believing that its 'Not in the Public Interest'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elliemayxo)
    Just seen it on facebook and thought it would be a good idea to ask on here.
    Life sentence and unlimited fine. Dont give af about u feminists and feminazis. Just as bad as actually doing rape.

ReputationRep:
    If it can be proven it was a false accusation, yes

ReputationRep:
    Hello All,

Take care, all of you
    I see that your account was made this month... If what you say is true then i have sympathy and hope the best for you. Best wishes from Shadow Warrior

However...

This is most likely a troll and a post by an attension seeking idiot. I do agree with your answer to your question but... please leave this chat as nobody wants these types of comments.

Please disregard my comment if it is true... Please use your intellect elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadow Warrior)
    I see that your account was made this month... If what you say is true then i have sympathy and hope the best for you. Best wishes from Shadow Warrior

However...

This is most likely a troll and a post by an attension seeking idiot. I do agree with your answer to your question but... please leave this chat as nobody wants these types of comments.

Please disregard my comment if it is true... Please use your intellect elsewhere.
    Thank you for your comment Shadow Warrior, unfortunately it is true and not a Troll
    Best Wishes

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be OK to jail women who falsely accuse someone of rape if people who falsely accuse people of other crimes like theft, assault and fraud are also jailed.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Unless it can be proven during the trial that the person committed perjury or Perverting the Course of Justice then nothing will happen to the person.

An individual can take out a private prosecution and pursue the person in court however, this could cost up to £30,000 without any possibility of recovering damages. In any event, the CPS could 'take over' the case and then refuse to continue believing that its 'Not in the Public Interest'
    And thats how it should be. Unless you can prove someones committed a crime, then ofc they shouldnt be found guilty. Just because a rape trial is proven doesnt mean the person accusingdidnt have a belieft they were correct. Its essential women who believe they ahve been raped do come forward and prosecutions go ahead. Women who falsely accuse should also be sanctioned to deter others.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.