Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do y'all go to church? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    No. I would burst into flames if I walked into a church.
    Yikes!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah,just to say hi to spirits there.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Specter_of_Newby_Church

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Colossians 2:1-2

I want you to know how hard I am contending for you and for those at Laodicea, and for all who have not met me personally. 2 My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ,

Looking forward to receiving these promises today in church

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Racoon)

I want you to know how hard I am contending for you and for those at Laodicea, and for all who have not met me personally. 2 My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ,

Amen

ReputationRep:

Amen

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nop

ReputationRep:
    My parents forced me when I was younger. Confusing, scary, later when I was already atheist just boring and humiliating.

Nowadays they don't do it anymore because they would just end up battered by atheist arguments (that I never bother them with if they just don't bother me with christianity) that they still cannot argue against properly. (Disclaimer, I don't claim to be right, I just want them to leave me alone, and I love nice debate)

ReputationRep:
    Who's going to mass this Christmas?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Meeeee, health permitting! If theists in here wouldn't mind saying a little prayer that I am able to go, that would be great

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Meeeee, health permitting! If theists in here wouldn't mind saying a little prayer that I am able to go, that would be great

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Inshallah sis,I shall say skittle prayer for thee

ReputationRep:
    Thee et mee :jebus: :hugs:

(Original post by Skeptique)
    Not meaning to hijack this thread but rather widen it as its coming back to life - is anyone out there in the TSR community studying to be a Christian minister of any sort? or going into ministry??

Personally I was thinking http://vineyardinstitute.org/ for me but still researching anything else near London.
    I'm a server, and have spent a lot of time studying theology in my own time. I doubt I'll ever beome a priest or any kind though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Thee et mee :jebus: :hugs:
    Most certainly looking forward to late night mass on Christmas eve,still need to decide on which church inshallah
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Inshallah sis,I shall say skittle prayer for thee
    Thank youuuuu :kissing2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Most certainly looking forward to late night mass on Christmas eve,still need to decide on which church inshallah
    Open to suggestions ducks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Open to suggestions ducks
    I'm pretty flexible this year in terms of location so choose whichever you'd like babba :kiss:

ReputationRep:
    Lol, there are no Greek or Russian Orthodox churches in Northern Ireland.

ReputationRep:
    Hillsong are another great church to go to, I've been a couple of times. They are at the Dominion Theatre, Tottenham Court Road.

http://hillsong.com/london/
    Yeah, i go to Hillsong at the Dominion every sunday, it's really amazing, it literally destroys the perception of Church/Christianity being boring! Everyone is great as well.

TIP:
    There is a carols service at Wembley Arena on 20th of December which is going to be really good, if anyone is intrested in going, it's a great event to invite a friend to who is unsure about church and think church people are weird, it's more a christmas event than a religous event so Christianty doesn't get shoved down their throat

Link below
    http://hillsong.com/carols

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 14adeosuno)
    Yeah, i go to Hillsong at the Dominion every sunday, it's really amazing, it literally destroys the perception of Church/Christianity being boring! Everyone is great as well.

TIP:
    There is a carols service at Wembley Arena on 20th of December which is going to be really good, if anyone is intrested in going, it's a great event to invite a friend to who is unsure about church and think church people are weird, it's more a christmas event than a religous event so Christianty doesn't get shoved down their throat

Link below
    http://hillsong.com/carols
    Oooooo that looks really good, thanks for the info

ReputationRep:
    Oooooo that looks really good, thanks for the info
    no problem

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2017
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.