Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why are we giving social housing to immigrants from Poland, Bulgaria, Croatia etc? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moggis)
    I'm really curious about this post.

I totally understand how terrible it must be to suffer domestic abuse ok?

But how can this poor person know in advance that she won't be getting a job in those two years?

If it's because her partner could track her down were she to find work and pay her own way then fine I guess.

Although in that case I don't see how being housed will stop that happening anyway.

Is she never intending to work again?

If she has children then this of course changes everything and it does seem to be scandalous that children could be spending 2 years living in a refuge.

However if there are immigrants being housed ahead of this woman then I very much doubt that there wouldn't be compelling reasons for it.
    A house not a job. She won't be given a place to live for two years. She knows that because she's been told that's how long the waiting lists are and that she's lower priority than the immigrants.

She intends to go to university when she gets a house and get a job etc.

Because she'l be on the opposite side of the country and can call the police if she sees him.

Ye she has two children. She can't go back because it's dangerous for her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moggis)
    There really isn't a population crisis in this country you know.
    So you saying that millions of houses have mysteriously disappeared? If population hasn't increased house prices, then you are saying supply has and therefore somehow houses are disappearing???

(please dont reply "we need to build more houses per year"- we don't. The native UK population isn't growing, so where are all these additional people coming from? )

My point is, the native UK population isn't growing, therefore without this daft, unskilled immigration house prices would be lower without having to destroy the countryside, building lots of new houses.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.