Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Plymouth Medical School Applicants 2016 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview tomorrow but haven't recieved my AS certificate yet, do I have to bring anything to prove I've done it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LongTim)
    I think I flopped
    What was the interview like in general?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JulietR)
    What makes you think that??
    The questions and interviewers were quite nice but I panicked and let myself down. I could have done so much better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariapops)
    The questions and interviewers were quite nice but I panicked and let myself down. I could have done so much better
    Fair enough. Would you have said it was a fairly relaxed interview?

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough. Would you have said it was a fairly relaxed interview?
    Definitely! The interviewers were very friendly and welcoming!

ReputationRep:
    R.I.P my self-respect.

(Original post by ThePrestigeUK)
    Mines tomorrow, reading the comments on here doesn't fill me with any confidence ahaha
    Nah, trust me, the uni staff and interviewers made it very pleasant and straightforward.

We may have seen each other.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, that makes me feel a bit better! I bet you did better than you think

ReputationRep:
    I back this! They're all smiles and try and give prompts wherever they can if you look like you're struggling

When say prompts, I don't mean clues to the answer I'm afraid, but they're encouraging!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sumeyyatontus)
    Were the questions difficult? & were they all on ethics? Hope you did well
    You're putting people in an uncomfortable position where they want to help you but they aren't really allowed to provide the details you're asking for, especially when Plymouth use the same questions for everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dairychocolate)
    You're putting people in an uncomfortable position where they want to help you but they aren't really allowed to provide the details you're asking for, especially when Plymouth use the same questions for everyone.
    Well I didnt ask what the exact questions were lol just if they were difficult but alright :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sumeyyatontus)
    Well I didnt ask what the exact questions were lol just if they were difficult but alright :laugh:
    Nah, I was talking about the bit where you asked if the questions were all about ethics or if something else gets asked. A bit too specific, there, IMO.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I was talking about the bit where you asked if the questions were all about ethics or if something else gets asked. A bit too specific, there, IMO.
    Agreed, i've had a few PMs asking me about specific questions and as much as I want to help, it's not fair to anyone who had their interview early. Good luck to everyone who still has their interview! Im sure you will do well without knowing specifics! I personally wouldnt want to be treated by a doctor who got in to medical school through dishonesty 😂

ReputationRep:
    Everyone who had theirs today, I hope it went well (hopefully those of you who felt it went badly did better than you think ) and good luck to everyone having theirs tomorrow! Might have crossed paths with some of you, arrived in Plymouth earlier and I'm staying overnight.

Glad to hear the interviewers are friendly, makes the whole thing a lot easier than if it's all very formal IMO.

Quick question - is there anywhere you can leave your stuff before/while you're doing the interview? Just asking as I'll have to check out a few hours before the actual interview and didn't want to be lugging all my stuff around in between if I could avoid it haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lightwoXd)
    Quick question - is there anywhere you can leave your stuff before/while you're doing the interview? Just asking as I'll have to check out a few hours before the actual interview and didn't want to be lugging all my stuff around in between if I could avoid it haha
    There is a reception on the first floor where there is room to leave stuff behind, provided you're comfortable leaving it there. Perhaps you could ask one of the ladies at the reception tables (who check your identity etc.) if they could look over your bags when you're in the interview.

I didn't see anyone actually bringing their stuff into the interview floor, though. Could you not have booked a room at Jury's Inn?

ReputationRep:
    Ah cool Is your interview on the 27th?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lightwoXd)
    Everyone who had theirs today, I hope it went well (hopefully those of you who felt it went badly did better than you think ) and good luck to everyone having theirs tomorrow! Might have crossed paths with some of you, arrived in Plymouth earlier and I'm staying overnight.

Glad to hear the interviewers are friendly, makes the whole thing a lot easier than if it's all very formal IMO.

You will definitely be able to leave bags on the interview floor when you go into the interview.
    Also, if you spent the night before at the Jury's Inn then I'm sure they will be happy to look after your bags during the day for you downstairs if you ask at reception.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Gin)
    You will definitely be able to leave bags on the interview floor when you go into the interview.
    Also, if you spent the night before at the Jury's Inn then I'm sure they will be happy to look after your bags during the day for you downstairs if you ask at reception.
    Good luck!
    Thank you! Just wanted to make sure that was something I could do, thanks for the reassurance

There is a reception on the first floor where there is room to leave stuff behind, provided you're comfortable leaving it there. Perhaps you could ask one of the ladies at the reception tables (who check your identity etc.) if they could look over your bags when you're in the interview.

I didn't see anyone actually bringing their stuff into the interview floor, though. Could you not have booked a room at Jury's Inn?
    I'm actually in a room there tonight haha, but it is just for the one night and my interview isn't until fairly late in the afternoon tomorrow. (I'm aware my booking arrangements could have been better but I'm working the day after and wanted to avoid having to take the day off.)
    Thanks for the help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multiplication)
    Ah cool Is your interview on the 27th?
    Yes it is, is yours?

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is, is yours?
    Yeah 4:30 pm, looking forward to it! Good luck with your interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multiplication)
    Yeah 4:30 pm, looking forward to it! Good luck with your interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm at 4:30 today too!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 18, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.