Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I have accepted my offer of study (PG Taught) and paid my initial fee on 23rd June, 2016 for the upcoming session in October . Any idea by when can I expect to receive the CAS. Has anyone received their CAS till now?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Hellooo!

If anybody is interested i have a double bedroom available for the year 2016/17 at 90 pounds a week!
    A lot cheaper that what you would get on campus and its only a short distance away from the university.

If anyone is interested please feel free to message me!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I recieved an offer for BSc Computer Science back in February, BB in my two A levels + a B in one of my two AS levels, well pleased!

Results day is coming up this Thursday, I'm really nervous as to whether I would still get in though, because I think i might've missed that offer by two grades though :/

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

does anybody know if accommodation is available for Clearing applicants?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Meet and Exceed the condition. I'm so excited.
    Just wondering Who else is going to do BSc Comp Sci OR is still waiting for their accommodation?
    THANKS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Killerpenguin15)
    Hi!

I recieved an offer for BSc Computer Science back in February, BB in my two A levels + a B in one of my two AS levels, well pleased!

Results day is coming up this Thursday, I'm really nervous as to whether I would still get in though, because I think i might've missed that offer by two grades though :/
    How did it go? Did you smash it finally? 😊

ReputationRep:
    Essex is my insurance and I've an unconditional, my firm hasn't got back and if they reject me what will happen with my accommodation? the deadline was yesterday and the portal thingy didn't let me apply for it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slim Shady 96)
    Essex is my insurance and I've an unconditional, my firm hasn't got back and if they reject me what will happen with my accommodation? the deadline was yesterday and the portal thingy didn't let me apply for it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hello,

If you applied before the deadline you were guaranteed University managed accommodation but don't worry, just because you are applying after the deadline doesn't mean you won't get accommodation.
    I don't believe you can access the portal until you are unconditional with the University of Essex so that may be why you couldn't access it. If you have any more accommodation questions you can email or PM us but I would recommend applying as soon as you can if you do become unconditional with the University of Essex.

I hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CampusCat)
    Hello,

If you applied before the deadline you were guaranteed University managed accommodation but don't worry, just because you are applying after the deadline doesn't mean you won't get accommodation.
    I don't believe you can access the portal until you are unconditional with the University of Essex so that may be why you couldn't access it. If you have any more accommodation questions you can email or PM us but I would recommend applying as soon as you can if you do become unconditional with the University of Essex.

I hope that helps!
    I originally had an unconditional but it's my insurance my firm hasn't got back yet and was wondering whether I can apply for accommodation but I called up and they said I can't until I firm it and apparently all accommodation is full anyways 🙄

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    is there a Facebook group?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slim Shady 96)
    is there a Facebook group?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The 'University of Essex Freshers Page 2016-2017' is what you will need to search on Facebook so you can join the group and chat with other Essex students.

As for accommodation, if Essex does become your firm choice, it's definitely still worth applying! Although the deadline has passed, if any rooms do become available then they could be offered to you. If Essex is unable to offer you accommodation, our lettings agency SULets, run by the Students' Union will be able to help you. I've used them myself and they always try their hardest to find you somewhere suitable!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanzmemo)
    Hellooo!

If anybody is interested i have a double bedroom available for the year 2016/17 at 90 pounds a week!
    A lot cheaper that what you would get on campus and its only a short distance away from the university.

If anyone is interested please feel free to message me!!
    Hey, I'm interested

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else looking for accommodation 2016/17? Or am I the only one :gasp::gasp:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eelika)
    Anyone else looking for accommodation 2016/17? Or am I the only one :gasp::gasp:
    I know it's been a week, but your post caught my eye because I'm in the same boat and panicking. Have you sorted out your accommodation since?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone on here applied for Adult Nursing, any tips would be much appreciated!!!

Cant find a thread for 2017 applicants!!!

Thank you my lovelies xxx

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE!!! AS OF 17:34PM 13/02/2017 I was made an unconditional offer for London South Bank University!!! (Adult Nursing here I come) I am so happy not even words can explain how I feel right now!!!

Also Unsuccessful with the University of Essex after application and scanned copies of my certificates and a second reference!!!

ReputationRep:
    If anybody is struggling with accomodation, I have got a room is mansion student that needs to be taken over! Its really cheap , close to the university and very accomodating!

Message me for more info!!!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.