Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zshn)
    Offer conditions came in at 22:01! A*AA plus an A in my EPQ, anyone else's come in?
    Congrats! What course did you apply for?

(Original post by JamieOH)
    It's getting kinda late now. Last interview date is 17th and still haven't heard anything...
    Did they tell you this!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnknownDude)

Did they tell you this!?

It says it on the Imperial computer science page under "How to apply:" or something

ReputationRep:
    I applied for MEng Computing, just got A*AB in my mocks so the next few months are gonna be effort

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zshn)
    I applied for MEng Computing, just got A*AB in my mocks so the next few months are gonna be effort
    Damn, my offer was A*A* in Maths and Further Maths and AA in Physics and Computing

ReputationRep:
    Damn, my offer was A*A* in Maths and Further Maths and AA in Physics and Computing
    That's rough man! Don't think I could get an A* in Further Maths, are you gonna firm it?

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge/Oxford:

GCSE's - 8A*'s, 3A's

AS: 5A's. A* in French ALevel
    Pred - A*A*AA (A physics, A History )

ReputationRep:
    Just got an interview! 17th feb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamieOH)
    It's getting kinda late now. Last interview date is 17th and still haven't heard anything...
    (Original post by NT226)
    I'm the same - I thought I would of heard by now if I was going to get an interview on the 17th.
    They've possibly cancelled it or it's a backup but in the Staff diary they have an interviews on the 2nd of March. http://www.imperial.ac.uk/computing/staff/

Did you guys expect to get an interview? I did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingKumar)
    They've possibly cancelled it or it's a backup but in the Staff diary they have an interviews on the 2nd of March. http://www.imperial.ac.uk/computing/staff/

Did you guys expect to get an interview? I did
    Well I wasn't sure because I got 8 A*s and 3As at GCSE but AAABC at AS.
    I just hope the 2nd March interview date is still possible.

ReputationRep:
    Got cambridge interview!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adzkii786)
    Got cambridge interview!!!!
    what are you even talking about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingKumar)
    what are you even talking about
    Fs dude, is this thread too ambiguous for your Year11 self or what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adzkii786)
    Fs dude, is this thread too ambiguous for your Year11 self or what?
    Mate this is the thread for Imperial Computing applicants... I'm not sure why you've been posting here, none of your posts have been relevant at all :/

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if I get assigned to the BEng course automatically if I fail to meet the MEng offer?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know of different requirements for the meng compared to the beng? The imperial website doesn't seem to make any distinction. I've applied for the meng and I'm worried I might get an offer with sky high requirements...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by exo97)
    Does anyone know if I get assigned to the BEng course automatically if I fail to meet the MEng offer?
    Doubt it, there's probably zero difference in the offer they give you based on MEng or BEng.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rabadon)
    Doubt it, there's probably zero difference in the offer they give you based on MEng or BEng.
    I thought the bare minimum for BEng was A*AA(A) and for MEng A*A*A(A)? So I won't call it zero difference, which is why I wanted to know that say if something was to go wrong if BEng was automatically assigned...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by exo97)
    I thought the bare minimum for BEng was A*AA(A) and for MEng A*A*A(A)? So I won't call it zero difference, which is why I wanted to know that say if something was to go wrong if BEng was automatically assigned...
    Where did you hear that from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jabberjay_)
    Does anyone know of different requirements for the meng compared to the beng? The imperial website doesn't seem to make any distinction. I've applied for the meng and I'm worried I might get an offer with sky high requirements...
    BEng is A*AA(A) and MEng is A*A*A(A). However this is the bare minimum. Quite a few people have been receiving STEP/AEA or EPQ offers...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by exo97)
    The reason unis have higher requirements for MEng is because it's harder. If imperial is going to give you an offer, you're probably capable of MEng regardless of what you've applied for. I have a BEng offer for a*a*a, whilst a friend has a MEng offer for a*a*a with AEA. I'd be really surprised if there was any correlation based on MEng or BEng alone tbh.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.