Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bupdeeboowah)
    Yes, I guess it is important to starve 3.5 billion people in the world.
    What on Earth are you talking about? :eyebrow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jazz90)
    What on Earth are you talking about? :eyebrow:
    The number of people who survive on rice, who are mostly in Asia.

ReputationRep:
    The number of people who survive on rice, who are mostly in Asia.
    Because if we don't eat meat, that only leaves rice? I'm not sure what you're getting at but I'll leave you with this article:

http://www.theguardian.com/environme...meat-free-diet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jazz90)
    Because if we don't eat meat, that only leaves rice? I'm not sure what you're getting at but I'll leave you with this article:

No, I was talking about leaving footprints about the environment.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I guess it is important to starve 3.5 billion people in the world.
    This is hilarious.

You realise that, the few people who eat animal products and eat plant products instead, the more food there is. You keep jumping from one failed argument to another.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    This is hilarious.

You realise that, the few people who eat animal products and eat plant products instead, the more food there is. You keep jumping from one failed argument to another.

To be very honest I don't really have the time to respond to you blabbering, because I am actually cooking a chicken curry right at this moment.

ReputationRep:
    To be very honest I don't really have the time to respond to you blabbering, because I am actually cooking a chicken curry right at this moment.
    In that case, stop presenting fiction as fact.

ReputationRep:
    Ever heard of free ranged eggs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HanaBhatti)
    Ever heard of free ranged eggs?
    In the case of the OP that makes no difference.
    Or did you think that money was spent on making males comfortable for the lulz?

ReputationRep:
    In that case, stop presenting fiction as fact.
    Oh but it is a fact!

PS: I don't have to watch the fire for the chicken curry for the whole time.

ReputationRep:
    Oh but it is a fact!

PS: I don't have to watch the fire for the chicken curry for the whole time.
    I haven't simply offered a rebuttal to your fiction, I've actually shown you an article outlining how it creates less food to eat meat from a reputable source.

Saying 'it is fact' does not stop it from being fiction.

And stop making inflammatory comments to troll me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    Watch this documentary about eggs and chicks:

Very interesting. Has it put you off eggs? The meat and dairy industries are awful. Think about where your food really comes from. Go Vegan for the animals! :woo:
    I still love eggs and chicken after watching that video :/

ReputationRep:
    I haven't simply offered a rebuttal to your fiction, I've actually shown you an article outlining how it creates less food to eat meat from a reputable source.

Saying 'it is fact' does not stop it from being fiction.

And stop making inflammatory comments to troll me.
    Just came back from having my chicken curry dinner.

Summarise it for me next time! No one has that much time on their hands when they have to cook meals for their families!

ReputationRep:
    Just came back from having my chicken curry dinner.

Summarise it for me next time! No one has that much time on their hands when they have to cook meals for their families!
    Eating meat is unsustainable, as many people as possible (so, 99%+ of the population) should turn vegan.

ReputationRep:
    As for now it doesn't look unsustainable.

That curry was very good. The extra tomatoes I added gave it a lot of flavor which complemented the meat.
    In regards to the above 2 statements.

Stop trolling me.

And stop trolling me.

ReputationRep:
    In regards to the above 2 statements.

Stop trolling me.

And stop trolling me.
    What is trolling? Is it a plant-based food product?

ReputationRep:
    What is trolling? Is it a plant-based food product?
    I put a standard sized article up, you refuse to read it despite the fact that it contradicts claims you've made. You then re-present your fiction as fact. You are simply put, here to troll. I won't be responding to such posts again. You have not only lost composure, but also any whim of respectability. I am done with you.

Edit: I was being neither illogical nor emotional.
    One may note that the post after this relies on a logical fallacy:
    Ad hominem.

ReputationRep:
    I put a standard sized article up, you refuse to read it despite the fact that it contradicts claims you've made. You then re-present your fiction as fact. You are simply put, here to troll. I won't be responding to such posts again. You have not only lost composure, but also any whim of respectability. I am done with you.
    I only stopped bothering to argue with you because you were being far too emotional and illogical. But our conversation was indeed very pleasurable for me.

PS: I don't care much for my composure or respectability, because this is the internet.

ReputationRep:
    I did, and I think that is just an unfortunate outcome which is however still necessary to feed a large population.
    Did you know that if we didn't waste the amount of grains we do feeding animals just so we can eat them and their products, we could eradicate world hunger? Yes people need to be fed, and the best way of doing that is by eating a plant based diet. Eggs are resource intensive and a luxury, not to mention unethical

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    Did you know that if we didn't waste the amount of grains we do feeding animals just so we can eat them and their products, we could eradicate world hunger? Yes people need to be fed, and the best way of doing that is by eating a plant based diet. Eggs are resource intensive and a luxury, not to mention unethical
    That is not true. Global hunger is caused due to an unequal distribution of food around the world. Ending the consumption of animals would not impact the distribution. Secondly, commercial farmers produce food for profit, and if there is no demand for plant-based animal feed (such as soya beans, of which around 75% are fed to animals) they will simply switch to the plant-based food which would give them the most profit - and this may actually result in less people being fed, given the nature of the farm land and other factors.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.