Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katethegreat98)
    Applying for Sept 2016 for English Literature! I'm doing IB and predicted 34, is anyone else applying for English Literature or has anyone got an offer for this subject so far?
    I have! I also have an offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jellybeanbabytot)
    Yay got an offer for English Lit today at ABB
    Congratulations!! Thats so exciting!! Really happy for you

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get an applicant day letter yet (Economics)?

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations!! Thats so exciting!! Really happy for you
    aw thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cinderellaa)
    thank you & AAA or if I put them as my firm then AAB
    Good luck then for you,wish you a big AAA ,tks for your answer !I still wait my answer from Reading...Anyway is just one week since I sent the application ..

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me why only some people have been offered lower grades if they firm Reading???

ReputationRep:
    Hey congrats! I'm also applying for maths do you think you'll firm?

ReputationRep:
    Heya I've applied for food science at reading, Nottingham and leeds, foods science and microbiology at surrey and lastly food science and nutrition at coventry. My first choices are either leeds or reading I've got all but one offer I'm still waiting on leeds

ReputationRep:
    Applying for Sept 2016 for English Literature! I'm doing IB and predicted 34, is anyone else applying for English Literature or has anyone got an offer for this subject so far?
    Have you applied yet, or heard anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by radiohead97)
    Have you applied yet, or heard anything?
    Yes I heard back! Got a conditional offer of 32 points (or 30 for firm). So happy!

ReputationRep:
    Yes I heard back! Got a conditional offer of 32 points (or 30 for firm). So happy!
    Congrats! Will you be firming? I'm applying independently and I'm still waiting on my reference I asked for it to be written in like September lol. Hopefully I'll be able to send my application next week though. How long did it take until you heard back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by radiohead97)
    Congrats! Will you be firming? I'm applying independently and I'm still waiting on my reference I asked for it to be written in like September lol. Hopefully I'll be able to send my application next week though. How long did it take until you heard back?
    Thank you!! Im not too sure yet, still waiting for southampton and birmingham offers to come through aww that sucks! I hope it gets written soon though so you can send the application off, its such a relief once its done! It took around a week for me to hear back for reading

ReputationRep:
    hi, thanks! i'm still a bit undecided between Surrey or Reading though I am leaning more towards Surrey but I've still one place to get back to me, will you be firming?
    ahh cool yes I'm going to firm Reading, maybe see you there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eleanorlittle)
    Yeah, same for me! Except microbiology...they referred to my personal statement lots too...maybe it's just the biological/life science department that do that?
    I applied reading microbiology as well and got the same email talking about my personal statement and they also said "recommend" All my other friends who applied for reading didn't get emails like that I think it was because they where different departments (chemistry, pharmacy and architecture)

Good luck hope you keep getting offers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lola&thebantz)
    I applied reading microbiology as well and got the same email talking about my personal statement and they also said "recommend" All my other friends who applied for reading didn't get emails like that I think it was because they where different departments (chemistry, pharmacy and architecture)

Good luck hope you keep getting offers
    Woo! Another microbiologist! Did you get an offer?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    hi, thanks! i'm still a bit undecided between Surrey or Reading though I am leaning more towards Surrey but I've still one place to get back to me, will you be firming?
    Hi,

I'm currently at Reading, so if there is anything you would like to know about campus life or anything you are unsure about, feel free to ask.

Emma
    2nd Year Human and Physical Geographer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ctg18)
    Got a conditional offer for History and Economics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Saaame hahah, but today they sent me an email saying that it would be unconditional if I put it as my firm, but if I get all my offers it won't really be a choice aha.
    What other courses/unis have you applied for??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniofReading)
    Hi,

I'm currently at Reading, so if there is anything you would like to know about campus life or anything you are unsure about, feel free to ask.

Emma
    2nd Year Human and Physical Geographer
    What is Reading like as a town? is it close knit ? are there many shop, clubs ect? is it easy to travel around Reading? what's the pricing like and was it difficult to find affordable accommodation?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Stephanohav)
    What is Reading like as a town? is it close knit ? are there many shop, clubs ect? is it easy to travel around Reading? what's the pricing like and was it difficult to find affordable accommodation?
    It is quite large with pretty much any shops you can think of. There are many clubs and bars of differing quality, and travelling around is very easy due to the bus service (and town is walking distance anyway). Pricing is as you would expect in this part of the country and accommodation is pretty expensive in general but there are always budget options available - especially if you end up sharing a house with friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    It is quite large with pretty much any shops you can think of. There are many clubs and bars of differing quality, and travelling around is very easy due to the bus service (and town is walking distance anyway). Pricing is as you would expect in this part of the country and accommodation is pretty expensive in general but there are always budget options available - especially if you end up sharing a house with friends.
    Do you think budgeting would be a struggle to a person with no support bar their student loan and perhaps a part time job?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.