Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What would you write for a question asking you to discuss the appropriateness of Time Series Analysis as a means of forecasting revenues for budgeting purposes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewis7_)
    Copied from a general information page thingy:
    What does it mean for business?Imports become cheaper, making life easier for retailers, which can sell food and white goods at lower prices. Manufacturers enjoy cheaper raw materials and can retain the benefit if they sell their wares in the UK. But exported goods and services become more expensive, hitting Britain's balance of payments.

Basically, for VGL, it is bad news, as their prices will be higher to the international buyers, making them less competitive.
    Cheers, does every question require evaluation and a conclusion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GFEFC1)
    Cheers, does every question require evaluation and a conclusion?
    In this paper, yes, as all of the questions are "Discuss" "Recommend & Justify" etc..

ReputationRep:
    In this paper, yes, as all of the questions are "Discuss" "Recommend & Justify" etc..
    What other paper are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    How would I answer a question on VGL's objectives being reasonable?

Could I use either SMART or SWOT?

ReputationRep:
    What other paper are you doing?
    The lovely F293 - Marketing Paper (Which i failed and got a U on in the mock.. its on the 22nd, when i have both my ICT and computing exams aswell.. Woo.)

ReputationRep:
    anyone who answers these questions for me, i'll pay them £150 via transfer, i'm not ready for this paper and all i can do is memorise the essays and hope i scrape something. anyone up for it? if so pm me here and email me at [email protected]

1)Should VGL diversify into the textiles industry? Justify your view.
    2)How can VGL improve their liquidity and what are the associated problems with poor liquidity?
    3)With reference to stakeholders, assess VGL’S ‘FOUR PILLARS’ ETHOS.
    4)How will a rise in interest rates impact upon VGL’S business?
    5) How will VGL be affected by Macro-economic factors?
    6)To what extent are VGL’s 2017 objectives realistic?
    7)Evaluate how Phoebe might assess the effectiveness of VGLDiscuss the issues michael should consider in seeking to implement his proposed changes to the training policy.
    8)To what extent could a SWOT analysis aid the setting of realistic objectives? justify your view.
    9)Recommend and justify a strategy to increase revenue by 6% (in real terms)

ALL 18 MARKERS!

this is not a joke, i'm being dead serious unfortunately.

£150 to answer these questions!!

ReputationRep:
    How would I answer a question on VGL's objectives being reasonable?

Could I use either SMART or SWOT?
    I literally just wrote an essay about that.. with teacher notes on it:

http://imgur.com/a/M0254

I need to add a conclusion to the end of it to get top lvl 4, but apart from that its okay.

But i would personally use SMART alot more than i did.

ReputationRep:
    I literally just wrote an essay about that.. with teacher notes on it:

http://imgur.com/a/M0254

I need to add a conclusion to the end of it to get top lvl 4, but apart from that its okay.

But i would personally use SMART alot more than i did.
    Would you have to name every objective?! would high detail for two be enough?

ReputationRep:
    Would you have to name every objective?! would high detail for two be enough?
    I personally did two in high detail and then two in brief, just to acknowledge that they existed.

The final paragraph should be ranking them in order of most realistic to least.

Ie.

"The Third objective (Labour turnover) is the most realistic because... blah blah...but it depends on...blah blah
    The last objective (Support one charity..) is the least realistic because... blah blah...but it depends on...blah blah
    The other objectives are reasonably realistic, however for the -insert objective- they will need to ----- to ensure it is realistic."

Just an example.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any help for macro-economics and business cycle stuff?

Please and thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miasmith)
    What would you write for a question asking you to discuss the appropriateness of Time Series Analysis as a means of forecasting revenues for budgeting purposes?
    Here are some very brief notes, its all i've got unfortunatly...

http://i.imgur.com/nFyiKLj.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm doing buss and economics for A2 maybe I could help 😁

ReputationRep:
    Hello how would you guys answer (To what extent are VGl’s2017 objectives realistic?)? can someone explain this question to me

ReputationRep:
    How would you guys write about the macroeconomics and exchange rates due to them trading on international spot markets question? I don't understand how will macroeconomics will affect VGL?

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused about how lewin's change model would apply to VGL's textiles diversification, as I am assuming that only 4 NEW employees will be needed to train for it and they will be paid so they shouldn't have any resistance to change. Can anyone help?

ReputationRep:
    How long is the exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevel0620)
    How would you guys write about the macroeconomics and exchange rates due to them trading on international spot markets question? I don't understand how will macroeconomics will affect VGL?
    Macroeconomics relates to unemployment, inflation, economic growth and international trade, as well as interest rates and exchange rate.
    The international spot market is subject to the forces of supply and demand. Both supply and demand are influenced by macroeconomic factors. All businesses are influenced by the economic factors.
    The exchange rate will impact VGL in terms of the materials sold on the international spot markets because changes in the exchange rate will impact the actual sterling VGL receives.
    If it helps, remember SPICED:
    Strong Pound Imports Cheaper Exports Dearer
    If the £ is strong, then VGL's exported products will be relatively more expensive in other currencies and less may be demanded.

Hope some of that helps..just thinking og things off the top of my head!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucy112233)
    How long is the exam?
    2 hours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevel0620)
    Hello how would you guys answer (To what extent are VGl’s2017 objectives realistic?)? can someone explain this question to me
    Look at VGL's objectives and consider if they are SMART:
    Specific Measurable Achievable Realistic Timed

Consider how they will be able to achieve them, and pass judgement on if you think they are realistic. Give reasons for your decision.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.