Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lifefxrms)
    Someone I know that applied last year didn't hear back until March for biochemistry at Strathclyde.
    I hope that isn't true haha, I emailed them and they said they'd send offers Jan-Feb

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My friend got a conditional last week! im sure they only asked for her to get higher english this year. She got AAAAB last year as well :-)

ReputationRep:
    Declined for history and politics. fml

ReputationRep:
    Since the one that's currently up seems to be overrun by club promoters and has no real uni related chat, thought I'd ask how many people would be interested in joining a Facebook group to chat with other freshers/meet people doing the same course? I've been considering making one.

EDIT: I got too excited and did it already haha https://www.facebook.com/groups/1598...if_t=group_r2j

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JazzB)
    Since the one that's currently up seems to be overrun by club promoters and has no real uni related chat, thought I'd ask how many people would be interested in joining a Facebook group to chat with other freshers/meet people doing the same course? I've been considering making one.

EDIT: I got too excited and did it already haha https://www.facebook.com/groups/1598...if_t=group_r2j
    Really want to join but have no facebook, not even allowed to make any account

ReputationRep:
    I got a conditional from Strathclyde and an unconditional Aberdeen. I'm having a really hard time deciding which one is better. I think that Aberdeen has the better academics for me because it offers English and German. But in Strathclyde I'd be doing English and Education.
    Despite that, Aberdeen looks very quiet and grey. Which is not bad considering that I'm used to that since I live in Daly City.

ReputationRep:
    Sent my application away on the 12th of January and received an unconditional for Primary Education 3 days ago. Really excited; it's definitely my first choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arcticcmonkeys)
    Sent my application away on the 12th of January and received an unconditional for Primary Education 3 days ago. Really excited; it's definitely my first choice
    Congratulations! I also received an unconditional offer for primary education a few weeks ago so excited!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurens13)
    Congratulations! I also received an unconditional offer for primary education a few weeks ago so excited!
    Well done! Is that your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arcticcmonkeys)
    Well done! Is that your first choice?
    Yeah definitely roll on September!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenny028)
    Fingers crossed for you! I hope the phone call helps! Let me know if you hear anything from Strathclyde!
    I emailed Strathclyde and they are offering out interviews by month and they said my name was on the list for march so its worth giving them and email and they should let you know if your name is on the list.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jess395)
    I emailed Strathclyde and they are offering out interviews by month and they said my name was on the list for march so its worth giving them and email and they should let you know if your name is on the list.
    That's Brilliant! Thanks Jess!

ReputationRep:
    anyone hear from pharmacy today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by :D')
    Nope, did you?

ReputationRep:
    nope you?

ReputationRep:
    yep rejection. had above the minimum requirements as well. gutted

ReputationRep:
    awk thats a shame!! can i ask what grades and stuff u got last year and what subjects it was?? :-)

ReputationRep:
    Oh my gosh, such a shame. Did they not give you a reason.
    Did you apply to RGU for pharmacy as well?

ReputationRep:
    all they said was that it's due to a limited number of spaces.
    I got 4A's and B in s5. A (higher) and BCC (adv higher) in s6. currently studying another higher.
    to be fair my ps wasn't pharmacy based
    and yeh got an offer from rgu in decemeber

ReputationRep:
    all they said was that it's due to a limited number of spaces.
    I got 4A's and B in s5. A (higher) and BCC (adv higher) in s6. currently studying another higher.
    to be fair my ps wasn't pharmacy based
    and yeh got an offer from rgu in decemeber
    These are really good grades, I have no chance then

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 8, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.