Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muhammad Shehzar)
    According to Quraan.......
    This is where you are going wrong. You are relying on the Qur'an for information and assuming the Qur'an's information is correct.

Thing is, there is no evidence to support that the Quran's information is correct, and indeed much evidence and reason shows that things the Qur'an says are wrong.

Once you realise this fact, you realise why nothing of your post is credible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uberteknik)
    I have no doubt a mortal human called Jesus existed and was a charismatic leader who developed a substantial regional cult following - large enough to threaten the Roman power dominance in that part of Arabia at the time. The Romans killed him because they saw him as a dissenter and rebel who needed to be crushed in a violent and public way to act as a detterent to other would-be rebel leaders.

Isn't this still the approach taken by regional leaders to this day? i.e. Assad, Hussein, Al-Sisi et al?
    I dont wanna be rude here to anyone regarding their religion & beliefs.. But rather than that I would just advise u to read Quraan with its translation which might help u answer ur questions...

ReputationRep:
    You were also not present 1400 years ago, how can u say that it was written by Arabs..
    And you weren't present 1400 years ago, so by your reasoning, you cannot say it is written by God.

& Allah has also made an open challenge to people that if they can make a book like it.. either individually or if whole of the people combine together & try making a book or even a single chapter like it, they wont be able to do it...
    I've read loads of books and pieces of literature better than the Qur'an. So the challenge has failed.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I dont wanna be rude here to anyone regarding their religion & beliefs.. But rather than that I would just advise u to read Quraan with its translation which might help u answer ur questions...
    Somehow I knew you would revert to that old chestnut. Thanks for the advice and I bid you a good evening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rat_Bag)
    You communicated a threat to the original poster, by saying they need to consider the AZAAB from Allah if they do not follow him. Azaab is punishment, and given it is a punishment of cruel and sadistic torture that no human should ever experience, it is an extremely hateful threat to make.

When the mafia come to a business owner and demand money or obedience, they do so by referencing a violent punishment for those who don't. This is a threat.

Your Allah is no better than a mafia gangster.

Allah knows better..now, Allah know & u know.. its non of my business alright..

We die because our cells' architecture have finite capacity for repair and replacement. In terms of ageing and chronic illness leading to death, this comes about because the cells have lost the ability to repair or replace damage incurred throughout life, eventually leading to failure of physiological systems. In terms of death from sudden illness or accident, this is because the body's systems are so overwhelmed within a short timeframe, that there is insufficient time to repair or replace cells necessary for the functional integrity of individual physiological systems.

There is nothing I can do if u dont believe in what the other person is saying... so what all what I have said is of no use to u..

Yes we all die, and nobody can escape death. Technology may be able to prolong life but it cannot prevent it. But who knows, there may be a time in the future where technology can induce immortality, probably by acting on the limitations of life on a cellular level.

It's very unclear how you jump from the inevitability of death to this proving that there is life after death. Would you care to explain that step.

Anyway, hope this post helps and clears up some of your misunderstandings.
    its just wasting our time.. bcz u r not just trying to listen what I have just said so far.. may Allah soften ur hearts & make u realise that what is the reason we wr born . living for & for dying..

ReputationRep:
    its just wasting our time.. bcz u r not just trying to listen what I have just said so far.. may Allah soften ur hearts & make u realise that what is the reason we wr born . living for & for dying..
    Allah doesn't exist and you didn't actually answer any of his points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uberteknik)
    Somehow I knew you would revert to that old chestnut. Thanks for the advice and I bid you a good evening.
    I am just not reverting, I have many other things to do other than just sitting here & replying to many of u.. Good evening to u too..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salx.x)
    I come from a fairly liberal Muslim family in London. I don't wear Hijab and I don't pray. My family aren't bad people, but they really do have high expectations for me. My mum says everyday that she knows I'll be great and that she prays everyday that I'll be successful. My siblings are more the issue though, they also have high expectations and have recently become more practising. I know I should wait till I'm old enough to move out (I'm still in school), but it's been a few weeks since I've come to realise of my atheism and I'm already going crazy. I have studied Islam in depth and there's many things I believe are wrong and disagree with. I'm going to ask you not to post any Qur'an verses, even though I know someone will. What can I do to prepare myself to tell them I'm atheist? And how should I tell them? I can already see what my life is going to be if I don't leave Islam soon. I'll only carry on living my miserable life, doing things I don't believe and passing those beliefs to my children who'll have to live the miserable life I did. I respect Islam and Muslims, but I really do have strong views about things on the dark side of religion that everyone seems to overlook. I got into a really heated argument once with a friend who said that being gay is a choice because it says that nobody is born gay in the Quran. I have my own morals and I don't need religion to keep me in place.
    Has anyone else ever left Islam, and if so how did your family react?
    Does this also coincide with your loyalty being to the UK over your parents country and an intent to breed with a white British man?

ReputationRep:
    its just wasting our time.. bcz u r not just trying to listen what I have just said so far..
    I have listened to what you said so far, and I have helped clear up a lot of your misunderstandings

may Allah soften ur hearts & make u realise that what is the reason we wr born . living for & for dying..
    But we already established that the Qur'an is not true and that Allah is no better than a mafia gangster. We've ruled out Islam, Allah and the Qur'an for answering the meaning of life and death.

ReputationRep:
    I am just not reverting, I have many other things to do other than just sitting here & replying to many of u.. Good evening to u too..
    Have you actually read the Quran in a language that you understand?

You do know that the Quran was NOT directly sent to Muhammed, Muhammed memorized it and recited the verses to his tribe.
    It was Zayed Ibn Thabit that compiled the Quran, he claimed that he had memorized all the verses spoken by Muhammed. Muhammed did demand that the verses should be written down, however a lot of these were burned and destroyed by Zayed and other leaders of the tribe after him, as they were deemed to be 'false'. In fact the third caliph Uthman even burned every other copy of the Quran except the version he deemed to be correct. Uthman's Quran is the one currently used by mainstream Muslims. There are even hadiths that state that Muhammed forgot parts of the Quran.

I used to be a Muslim too, there is a lot your family and your preachers do not tell you.

Heres a source that very neatly compiles all this information and provides sources for each claim.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/exmuslim/co...tly_preserved/
    In case you find the very word 'exmuslim' to be reason enough to dismiss the above link. Here is one from an education website about Zayed. http://islam.about.com/od/history/p/...nalkhattab.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wildjesscaa)
    The fact that most replies on this thread are 'wait til you get older' or 'this is a phase' or that you'd be ruining your life by doing this make me laugh. I guess that says more about Islam than anything else. You can't even be free to leave.
    Well of course it's about Islam, the prescribed punishment for apostasy is death!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zooloowarrier)
    Or make you join ISIS, Kappa.
    How old are you ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redleader1)
    How old are you ?
    Old enough to know how cancerous Islam is in modern day society.

ReputationRep:
    I come from a fairly liberal Muslim family in London. I don't wear Hijab and I don't pray. My family aren't bad people, but they really do have high expectations for me. My mum says everyday that she knows I'll be great and that she prays everyday that I'll be successful. My siblings are more the issue though, they also have high expectations and have recently become more practising. I know I should wait till I'm old enough to move out (I'm still in school), but it's been a few weeks since I've come to realise of my atheism and I'm already going crazy. I have studied Islam in depth and there's many things I believe are wrong and disagree with. I'm going to ask you not to post any Qur'an verses, even though I know someone will. What can I do to prepare myself to tell them I'm atheist? And how should I tell them? I can already see what my life is going to be if I don't leave Islam soon. I'll only carry on living my miserable life, doing things I don't believe and passing those beliefs to my children who'll have to live the miserable life I did. I respect Islam and Muslims, but I really do have strong views about things on the dark side of religion that everyone seems to overlook. I got into a really heated argument once with a friend who said that being gay is a choice because it says that nobody is born gay in the Quran. I have my own morals and I don't need religion to keep me in place.
    Idk your family, but I assume you're aware that in countries where Islam is declared the national religion or however they phrase it, the punishment for leaving Islam is both by law and the Qur'an death. Obviously that doesn't apply here, but it gives you the unfortunate perspective of just how badly they could take it. Wish you luck but personally I wouldn't tell them, but would go on as whatever I choose to be.

ReputationRep:

hey!!
    id just like to tell you that very often CULTURE has infiltrated Islamic morals and so it seems wrong . but its time we as young Muslims olibrieate these cultural aspects that people have incorporated into Islam that are quite against the pure, real Islam!! (kinda annoying actually) so please: think about your decision; I know you said you have but do it again- go to a reliable learned person and explain to them what youre doubts are. if not I will be more then happy to answer your doubts so please do ask
    I sincerely hope I'm not too late and I pray too that you are guided because for me you are like a sister and this really breaks my heart

ReputationRep:
    Th age at which u r now is the age of getting misleaded or u cant understand what is ri8 and what is wrong.. before doing anything just think of the AZAAB from Allah to the people who didnot follow Allah..
    Brilliant!

"You are young and easily misled, so rather than trying to figure it out for yourself usling your intellect and innate empathetic morality, just listen to people with a vested interest who can tell you what a bad decision you are making - along with some vague threats".

ReputationRep:
    Old enough to know how cancerous Islam is in modern day society.
    12 then. What's your proof about islam being so bad. Surely not all muslims are like that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiamondPower)
    hey!!
    id just like to tell you that very often CULTURE has infiltrated Islamic morals and so it seems wrong . but its time we as young Muslims olibrieate these cultural aspects that people have incorporated into Islam that are quite against the pure, real Islam!!
    Like what ISIS are doing in Iraq and Syria and what Wahabbis are doing in Saudi Arabia?

(Original post by DiamondPower)
    (kinda annoying actually) so please: think about your decision; I know you said you have but do it again- go to a reliable learned person and explain to them what youre doubts are. if not I will be more then happy to answer your doubts so please do ask
    I sincerely hope I'm not too late and I pray too that you are guided because for me you are like a sister and this really breaks my heart
    Would you ever leave Islam?

ReputationRep:
    am sure in the Quran it doesnt say 'nobody is born gay'. I think you mean homosexuality is a sin in Islam.

Answering your question, Yes I know a mate who left Islam and her family were devastated tbh. her life was living hell, but things did improve. However she was older than you as you are a school student.

BTW region isnt there 'to keep' you in place.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Or make you join ISIS, Kappa.
    Why would reading the Quran make you join ISIS. I've read the Quran a few times and tbh I despise ISIS.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.