Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Which legacy papers link to which current specification (before 2015) there seem to be loads with different names. So for example the how far, how fast is the legacy version of ...
    Help would be greatly appreciated !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CSLady)
    Which legacy papers link to which current specification (before 2015) there seem to be loads with different names. So for example the how far, how fast is the legacy version of ...
    Help would be greatly appreciated !

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How far and how fast seems to link to rates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnknownAnon)
    How far and how fast seems to link to rates.
    So is that equilibrium energeticas and elements or is that just part of that A2 module ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So is that equilibrium energeticas and elements or is that just part of that A2 module ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How far and how fast is the first chapter of F325

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thad33)
    How far and how fast is the first chapter of F325

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok thank you so i am guessing the other papers are the rest of the modules/ chapters

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ok thank you so i am guessing the other papers are the rest of the modules/ chapters

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know there's a transition elements one. I can't remember what the energy one is though. I think it's a case of doing the first year of legacy, figuring out which is useful and then just do the same for the following years

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    can anyone give me a link to instrumental analysis past papers pls. i do WJEC and they have a new spec so they don't have many questions on this topic i dont know how to find other past paper questions from other boards. i looked at many revision websites nd ive had no luck.

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Exotic-L)
    can anyone give me a link to instrumental analysis past papers pls. i do WJEC and they have a new spec so they don't have many questions on this topic i dont know how to find other past paper questions from other boards. i looked at many revision websites nd ive had no luck.

thanks
    Do you mean like mass spectroscopy questions? proton NMR? Carbon nmr? If so, then there are some questions in F324 and F322 for OCR.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean like mass spectroscopy questions? proton NMR? Carbon nmr? If so, then there are some questions in F324 and F322 for OCR.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yes and IR spectrometry.
    thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    Can someone tell me where the 5 proton environments are pls
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chanda01)
    Each of the 3H (alcohol, ester and aldehyde) are equal to 3, then the 2 H on the phenol ring on the carbons on each side of the aldehyde are equal to one.. then the last C on the phenol (opposite the ester.. that carbon)
    Thank you!
    Can u explain how u grouped the 3 protons on the ring into environments pls

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone... I don't know which exam this thread is targeted for exactly but I have a question I'd be grateful if anyone could help with. It's one of the examination questions for module 1 in the Heinemann textbook for F322, it asks:

explain why both cis and trans hex-3-ene react with Br2 to produce the same structural formula?

I've looked at the MS answer but dont understand it... thank you

ReputationRep:
    Also for question 2(d) on page 144 of the ocr textbook, the second skeletal formula 2,3-diethylpentane doesn't look right to me! it looks more like 2,3-dimethylpentane! i'm so confused can someone help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Exotic-L)
    yes and IR spectrometry.
    thank you!!
    Hey bud use physics and maths tutor to target problem areas with by topic questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tvdfan)
    Hi everyone... I don't know which exam this thread is targeted for exactly but I have a question I'd be grateful if anyone could help with. It's one of the examination questions for module 1 in the Heinemann textbook for F322, it asks:

explain why both cis and trans hex-3-ene react with Br2 to produce the same structural formula?

I've looked at the MS answer but dont understand it... thank you
    Isn't it because a cis-trans sterioisomer has the same structural formula but different arrangements of atom in space. So they produce the same product (the only difference being the arrangement of Br in space to form cis and trans)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Each of the 3H (alcohol, ester and aldehyde) are equal to 3, then the 2 H on the phenol ring on the carbons on each side of the aldehyde are equal to one.. then the last C on the phenol (opposite the ester.. that carbon)

I don't understand how the 2H on the phenol ring, each side of the aldehyde are equal to 1? Surely that's 2 environments? Please can you elaborate how it's 1?

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it because a cis-trans sterioisomer has the same structural formula but different arrangements of atom in space. So they produce the same product (the only difference being the arrangement of Br in space to form cis and trans)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey thanks for the response, idk i'm pretty confused tbh the answer is:

(the product is saturated hence) there is no restricted rotation/singlebonds allow rotation/because C=C prevents rotation

I don't get it

ReputationRep:
    Also for question d(ii) on page 144, why cant one of the isomers be something like 2,5-dimethylpentane, 1,5-dimethylpentane, 1,4-dimethylpentane, 1,3-dimethylpentane, 1-methylhexane, etc ... ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dpoojaraa)
    I don't understand how the 2H on the phenol ring, each side of the aldehyde are equal to 1? Surely that's 2 environments? Please can you elaborate how it's 1?

Oh wait, you're right! Apologies. Hmm... then there should be 6 environments in total, no? Unless you count the H on each of the carbons next to the ester and alcohol as one environment... but that's probably not correct either as you can't have rotation around a double bond

ReputationRep:
    I've just realised that the protons on the carbons next to the aldehyde can't count as one as it's not symmetrical... are you sure there's only 5 proton environments? hmm...
    There are proton environments on the -COOH, -OH and -OCH3 group, and three of the hydrogens on benzene have been substituted so there are 3 environments on the ring itself

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 4, 2018
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.