Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Senior Maths Challenge 2015 predicted thresholds and past thresholds watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Ucl dont do interviews for maths most of the time. I applied last year with around 96-97UMS in maths FM and i got an offer end of october(applied 13th oct). But that was last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That sounds weird, because in the website they have mentioned that potential applicants will be interviewed. I have 296 UMS and 268 for FM(FP1, C3 and S1). Shouldn't have i already hear back from them by this time taking into account i applied on 14th of October?
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2014_GCSE)
    How do you do that f(xy) question. Think I got it right, but wanna check.
    Solution anyone?
    C. 39

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When do we get thresholds?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuantizedLY)
    C. 39

Posted from TSR Mobile
    solution =/= answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    solution =/= answer
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1446883762.648431.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  146.1 KB
    I guess most people use method 1

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuantizedLY)
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1446883762.648431.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  146.1 KB
    I guess most people use method 1

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah yeah. I used 2

ReputationRep:
    Would 69 be a silver?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramil Ahmadov)
    I applied to Mathematics and Physics degree at UCL, but haven't yet got even an invitation to an interview. My AS maths and FM grades were really high. I applied on 14th of October, so why it is taking so long? Also, have you got offer without an interview?
    Congrats on the offer BTW
    Never heard about UCL giving interviews... I've just got an offer from my application (and they required me to send my UMS scores in a table afterwards, so that's pretty important I guess).

ReputationRep:
    Would 69 be a silver?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrimeLime)
    Never heard about UCL giving interviews... I've just got an offer from my application (and they required me to send my UMS scores in a table afterwards, so that's pretty important I guess).
    Yep, exactly. They asked me as well via email to send my UMS grades in a table a week after my application?
    Also, for which degree have you aplied for? I hope it is because of mathematics and physics, other wise it means there are some problems with my application causing delays... BTW would you mind telling your AS ums grades and predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramil Ahmadov)
    Yep, exactly. They asked me as well via email to send my UMS grades in a table a week after my application?
    Also, for which degree have you aplied for? I hope it is because of mathematics and physics, other wise it means there are some problems with my application causing delays... BTW would you mind telling your AS ums grades and predicted grades?
    I have an offer for maths (which I'm not gonna take) but basically for some reason they expected me to have put my UMS scores on my actual UCAS application (don't know how, don't think there was an option) and so they did the same thing with me as they did with you, just asked me for my M/FM UMS in a table via e-mail.
    Good thing is I got an offer a day or two later, but they took like 2/3 weeks or so to ask for UMS for some reason...

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer for maths (which I'm not gonna take) but basically for some reason they expected me to have put my UMS scores on my actual UCAS application (don't know how, don't think there was an option) and so they did the same thing with me as they did with you, just asked me for my M/FM UMS in a table via e-mail.
    Good thing is I got an offer a day or two later, but they took like 2/3 weeks or so to ask for UMS for some reason...
    Is this UCL?

ReputationRep:
    Is this UCL?
    Yep

ReputationRep:
    Yep
    Congratz on the offer! Do you think they'd ask for my UMS for engineering, too?

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer for maths (which I'm not gonna take)
    Where are you hoping to have for insurance? (sorry to be nosy but I have to procrastinate assignments somehow )

ReputationRep:
    Congratz on the offer! Do you think they'd ask for my UMS for engineering, too?
    Probably, didn't think that UCL asked for UMS in the first place, so I was surprised when they did! XD
    I was thinking that only Cambridge look at my UMS scores but UCL might for everyone as well.

ReputationRep:
    Probably, didn't think that UCL asked for UMS in the first place, so I was surprised when they did! XD
    I was thinking that only Cambridge look at my UMS scores but UCL might for everyone as well.
    Haha yeah. I applied on the 13th and haven't been asked for anything yet, though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    Where are you hoping to have for insurance? (sorry to be nosy but I have to procrastinate assignments somehow )
    Haha, I would be procrastinating assignments too.
    My insurance will be Warwick (have an offer) if I get an offer from Cambridge. Should get an offer tbh, the thing I very much doubt is making the STEP grades. Will be very disappointed if I get rejected after interview, but in that case I'd put Warwick as firm and Imperial/UCL as insurance.

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah. I applied on the 13th and haven't been asked for anything yet, though!
    I've heard that UCL can take quite a while to give out offers, so I wouldn't be too worried. You should probably e-mail them or something to find out whether they need UMS scores.

ReputationRep:
    I've heard that UCL can take quite a while to give out offers, so I wouldn't be too worried. You should probably e-mail them or something to find out whether they need UMS scores.
    Will do thanks

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.