Ask the TSR Government - 22nd Parliament watch

Announcements
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    It is the job of the government to promote their policy, not the job of MPs to ask the government's policy; the SoS question session was worthless because the SoS had not published any policy plans to be question on. I would likely publish what is said in a message to the MHoC allowing the shadow SoSs to hold the government account over its policy. The shadow SoSs want to hold the government to account but are unable to do so as the government has not done much.
    If the Shadow SoSs want to hold us to account, they should be in here questioning us over what we are planning to do on different matters and situations. I am confident that they could not do a better job than we currently are. I am happy to work with both mobbsy91 and Rakas21, the latter of which I have briefly spoken to about my housing plans and I am happy to share my housing priorities. Without going into great detail, more social housing will be built and it will be targeted, and we will also make it easier for people to get planning permission to build private property, especially on brown field sites. I am also looking into Stamp duty.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    SSOS Could hold the government to account if the government actually did things and had active members and on both accounts they have failed
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    SSOS Could hold the government to account if the government actually did things and had active members and on both accounts they have failed
    Then why have SSOS waited this long to actually push us. Ask what we're doing about this or that, rather than saying "You're doing a bad job".
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    That is why the government had a MoNC called against it; having one failing government does not authorise another failing government. I joined the MHoC about a year go but I have not seen a government do what it is meant to do: it is not surprising few people want to join the MHoC.
    Especially if the PM isn't allowed to go on a week's holiday, even with an interim plan put in place, without people trying to vote them out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    in the remaining two thirds of the term the government must publish SoIs for all departments to be considered a successful government.
    Has any government ever managed that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    PetrosAC you are not on form today, I could give a better answer.

The government sub-forum is very active with lots of people posting. You do not need to believe but that is the truth. We like to focus on quality of everything we do rather than quantity, and despite Jarred being away I have stepped up as Liberal leader. An acting Chancellor has been appointed to lead the very fruitful government discussions that are taking place on the budget. We have a lot in common this term and are getting along really well with each other. We have had the PM away and the Chancellor away but both are returning soon to take over their roles form the people who stepped up, and progress has not been delayed.

Activity in the House has fallen as people have been away but the government sub-forum is very busy with lots of interesting ideas being proposed and every MP is contributing something to the discussions. Christmas approaching does not help things, however, the government ministers have all of the SoIs complete which are begin debated before being submitted; this government should be the most active government yet.

I now expect to see James Milibanter, Saracen's Fez, and RayApparently join in to tell us ll how wonderful everything is.
    Not really my style tbh.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Let's see, what do we have here.

We have those of us on the right circle jerking saying about how bad the government is, the government circle jerking about how stuff is happening, we just can't see it, and then probably a few people curled up in the corner thinking "why must these people be politicking, it hurts?!"
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Let's see, what do we have here.

We have those of us on the right circle jerking saying about how bad the government is, the government circle jerking about how stuff is happening, we just can't see it, and then probably a few people curled up in the corner thinking "why must these people be politicking, it hurts?!"
    It looks like a Nigel vs Petros thing tbh.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    It looks like a Nigel vs Petros thing tbh.
    With interjections supporting one side or the other here and there.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    With interjections supporting one side or the other here and there.
    Well sometimes the mass hyperbole from either side becomes too much for bystanders to handle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Look, I don't have control over people's lives and their RL commitments. People give all they can. For some it's a lot, for some it's only logging on and voting a few times a week. People have to remember that this is just a game and shouldn't expect loads of legislation for the whole term. There will be peaks and there will be drops. Some members will have more time over Christmas, some will have less. People have to accept that the MHoC isn't and shouldn't be people's top priority.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hear, hear.

I agree with the fact that sometimes members have more important issues or responsibilities that they must address and focus their time on. This is only natural and one should respect that this happens and not simply jump to conclusions. I think it's highly amusing that members of the previous government are trying to call this government inactive and quiet. This government is working towards producing key legislation, and departmental reviews. If members have any question for the government or members of the cabinet feel free to ask I'm sure we will be quick to answer. May I just finally say that Fez is currently away on a trip to Berlin, and as acting prime minister I would like to make it know that I have no intention to take over and give myself supreme power over the house. Jarred and Petros to my knowledge also have no intention of ousting myself and fez for the top job. There is sadly no power struggle in this government.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    I've yet to have been questioned by my Shadow, and have been the most active SSoS this house has seen for a while. Maybe you tories should get your act together...
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    When will the next PMQ's or SOSQ's happen?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    When will the next PMQ's or SOSQ's happen?
    The day they usually happen

ReputationRep:
    When is the government going to announce the new Chancellor? Could you please give us an update on the work that's being done on the budget?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    When is the government going to announce the new Chancellor? Could you please give us an update on the work that's being done on the budget?
    As said in the other thread, soon, and we're aiming for before Christmas
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Saoirse:3)
    Better get it done quickly, unlike everything else, given that there you also have the Christmas recess too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saoirse:3)
    Thanks, I hadn't noticed it before I posted the question.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    I'm not one who likes to delay forming a Cabinet, so as I say I want to be able to announce it in the next couple of days before the Christmas recess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Will We Have a Budget? Or is it one of thoses " We will Get Round to it ......Eventually" Kind of thing???

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.