Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    Why would they send emails and post for rejections (as they are doing), but only post for interviews? I suppose it's possible, but it doesn't make all that much sense.

I'm hopeful for you guys, but reading too much into this stuff can leave you disappointed.
    Ah apologies - didn't realise they were also posting rejections. When did you get the letter, and more importantly, when was it postmarked?

Re reading too much into it, absolutely! I think I'm venting more than anything as it's the wait and the not knowing that's killing me, more so than if I just got a rejection right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyLaw23)
    Ah apologies - didn't realise they were also posting rejections. When did you get the letter, and more importantly, when was it postmarked?

Re reading too much into it, absolutely! I think I'm venting more than anything as it's the wait and the not knowing that's killing me, more so than if I just got a rejection right now.
    I haven't got the letter yet, but the email I received yesterday was marked by email and post. Dated 21st Jan.

Yeah I understand that. My own solution has been to expect rejection and be pleasantly surprised with anything else. (I'm yet to be pleasantly surprised, although Radcliffe is the only response I've had so far -- I didn't do as many apps as I was planning to, really.)

ReputationRep:
    I haven't got the letter yet, but the email I received yesterday was marked by email and post. Dated 21st Jan.

Yeah I understand that. My own solution has been to expect rejection and be pleasantly surprised with anything else. (I'm yet to be pleasantly surprised, although Radcliffe is the only response I've had so far -- I didn't do as many apps as I was planning to, really.)
    I see, fair enough.

Same here re expectations, with the only one I've heard from so far being Atkin (rejection). I also missed out a few apps I originally planned on doing, like Serle Court, so I know what you mean.

ReputationRep:
    Why would they send emails and post for rejections (as they are doing), but only post for interviews? I suppose it's possible, but it doesn't make all that much sense.

I'm hopeful for you guys, but reading too much into this stuff can leave you disappointed.
    I didn't realise rejections were sent by post either - that changes things completely!

ReputationRep:
    First rounds for XXIV out

ReputationRep:
    Congrats!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats! By what - I'm assuming email? And did anyone else get one (ie. were they automated/sent all at once)?

(Original post by tsr_sleuth)
    I didn't realise rejections were sent by post either - that changes things completely!
    Indeed. Also, it's coming up to the end of the working day and still nothing... Now I'm just getting frustrated (and silently hopeful)!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyLaw23)
    Congrats! By what - I'm assuming email? And did anyone else get one (ie. were they automated/sent all at once)?
    (Original post by Forum User)
    Congrats!
    Thanks guys.

Yeah, email.

ReputationRep:
    By e-mail, but looks like a mail merge.

Congratulations / commiserations.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Also got an XXIV interview Nothing from Radcliffe (or anybody else, I might add)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Best guppy)
    By e-mail, but looks like a mail merge.
    Also got an XXIV interview Nothing from Radcliffe (or anybody else, I might add)
    Congrats. Looks like that one's a no for me then...

ReputationRep:
    I'm assuming that given business hours are now over that Radcliffe is no for me, despite the lack of contact. Surely there's no way it could be Monday, for interviews the same week...

ReputationRep:
    I'm assuming that given business hours are now over that Radcliffe is no for me, despite the lack of contact. Surely there's no way it could be Monday, for interviews the same week...
    Trouble is, if they sent anything in the post, it could still arrive tomorrow, but I agree. What's really bugging me is that not a single person on here has received an offer from them, so no-one knows how those would be communicated, and 3 people (out of the 10-15 or so on here that applied) not having received anything at all is also strange statistically if it's just a misplaced rejection email.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with both of the above trying to stay neutral and keep my mind off the whole thing but it's easier said than done. I think it would be very odd if some people received rejections and others didn't but I suppose stranger things have happened. I think the options are limited now a) we get a letter relieving our anxious wait tomorrow, b) Radcliffe are still arduously deciding who to interview and will give us a surprise email later on (I've heard that chambers emails can arrive at odd times) or c) we receive nothing and have achieved the dreaded 'not worth any response at all' status

I second LadyLaw23, nobody seems to have received an invite yet (obviously I can only go off what has been posted on here) and it would be very odd for 3 responses to be accidentally missed. Perhaps we should all get working on another application to soften the blow should the worst happen ...

ReputationRep:
    If it's any consolation regarding working hours, my 1st round invitation from Falcon pinged in at close to 11pm, and Saturday / Sunday invitations are not unknown - at Gateway time especially.

Don't forget there's no grad rec team doing this, and practitioners will be in court / conference / dealing with their day jobs.

I know it's no real help when you're hanging on for a response, but hopefully it's useful context.

Best of luck (and try to have a good weekend)! 😎

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anybody heard anything from Quadrant?

ReputationRep:
    Registered to put people out of their misery RE Radcliffe (!): invitations to first round interview were sent out by email and post on the 20th. Interviews are next Mon-Tues, and I have it on authority that the Pupillage Committee convened to finalize the sift on the 19th, so I think the chances of further invites now are very slim indeed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pupillage 2016)
    Registered to put people out of their misery RE Radcliffe (!): invitations to first round interview were sent out by email and post on the 20th. Interviews are next Mon-Tues, and I have it on authority that the Pupillage Committee convened to finalize the sift on the 19th, so I think the chances of further invites now are very slim indeed...
    Looks like we may have made it into the no response at all pile then oh well onwards and upwards although a rejection email would have been nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aspiring Barista)
    Anybody heard anything from Quadrant?
    Nothing but I don't expect to receive an interview off them if the applications iv done so far are anything to go by

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LegalLab)
    Looks like we may have made it into the no response at all pile then oh well onwards and upwards although a rejection email would have been nice
    Agreed - that's actually quite annoying considering the time taken by Chambers to personalise rejection emails to everyone else...

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.