Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer for combined honours in social sciences

ReputationRep:
    Hello again Cobalt! Thanks to the AS chem thread I managed to get that A in AS Chemistry
    GCSE: 5A* 4A 2B
    AS: AAAD
    Subject: Geology
    Offer: AAB
    College applied to: Josephine Butler ( En suite singles <3)

If any of you are having a hard time deciding colleges I'd 100% advise visiting. I thought Hillde Bede would be lovely, on the website it looked nice and fancy with the pool table in the common room etc... upon arriving it seemed tatty and musty, just my opinion of course but for a college choice to go from 1st to last at the open day is a bit unnerving

ReputationRep:
    Course: Psychology (Applied)
    Offer: AAB (Psychology, German, History)
    College: John Snow QC

Got the offer on 4th December, also applied for Psychology at Grey but still waiting to hear back. Pretty sure I'm gonna firm Applied Psychology but I'm worried about missing out on life in Durham city if I'm living in Stockton .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smithy-Smiths)
    Oh gosh! I'm sorry to hear that! I applied to Oxford too, but withdrew the week before hearing Interview decisions because my heart was set on Cambridge (trust me, I KNOW )

That sounds about right! And snap! How exciting? We may be college buddies!
    Are you going to re-apply to Cambridge next year? Haha a lot of people seem to apply to University, I don't mind if I don't get in that college though as long as I am at Durham

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any idea when will Durham get back to me (roughly) I sent off my application on 18th November and still waiting (law applicant)

ReputationRep:
    Course: MChem
    Offer: A*AA
    College: University

Good evening everyone, I didn't think I was going to actually go to Durham (but now it looks like I probably am) so I just put university college to fill up my 5 choices without doing any research. Is there any possibility of changing my college choice at this point? Furthermore, is a college application definite or can the allocate you to any random college if there is insufficient capacity? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I applied on October 8th for Eng. Wondering when I should expect a response?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I'm starting to regret making an open application. I wish I'd done a bit more research and/or visited the accommodation! Do they choose a college which is suited to your financial needs, location of your department etc? Or just stick you in a random one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NimbleNeil)
    Hello again Cobalt! Thanks to the AS chem thread I managed to get that A in AS Chemistry

If any of you are having a hard time deciding colleges I'd 100% advise visiting. I thought Hillde Bede would be lovely, on the website it looked nice and fancy with the pool table in the common room etc... upon arriving it seemed tatty and musty, just my opinion of course but for a college choice to go from 1st to last at the open day is a bit unnerving
    Hey! Glad I was of some help, it's always really rewarding to hear these words
    Congrats to your offer btw!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobkata)
    Does anyone have any idea when will Durham get back to me (roughly) I sent off my application on 18th November and still waiting (law applicant)
    i feel you sent mine off on 17th nov and still waiting too!! but i only took my LNATs in dec so i guess it'll take a longer time...

ReputationRep:

Hey fellow geologist!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TardigradeFan)
    Hey fellow geologist!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We are few and far between - but I'd like to think that Quality > Quantity applies !

ReputationRep:

Hahaha that's why I applied to butler too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amymcm11)
    Hahaha that's why I applied to butler too
    The nice sparkling showers in the corner of the rooms are a really nice feature too, especially after seeing insects, mold, pubic hair and stuff in one of the others.
    Also sports facilities are top notch

I quite liked Hatfield too but was put off by the £7k for catering and no option for self catering.

What have you applied / got an offer for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anitatoz)
    i feel you sent mine off on 17th nov and still waiting too!! but i only took my LNATs in dec so i guess it'll take a longer time...
    I am waiting for a reply for Law too... do you know if many law offers have been given out for Durham? What college have you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    The nice sparkling showers in the corner of the rooms are a really nice feature too, especially after seeing insects, mold, pubic hair and stuff in one of the others.
    Also sports facilities are top notch

I quite liked Hatfield too but was put off by the £7k for catering and no option for self catering.

What have you applied / got an offer for?
    Ewww... Didn't visit any other colleges when I went, but I thought butler was a good option bc I kinda want to be self catered! I've got an offer for history, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    Course: Biological Sciences
    Offer: AAA
    College: St. Chad's

Feeling so happy and relieved.
    I've heard that if you firm them early you're more likely to get into your preferred college, does anyone know if this is the case?

ReputationRep:
    I've just recieved an offer from Durham for natural sciences, I picked Physics, Maths and Computer science as my three options I was considering combining.

My offer is A*AA with an A* in maths of further maths and the A in physics.

I now really want to do chemistry and maths instead of physics! What do i do??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnkitKapoor)
    I applied on October 8th for Eng. Wondering when I should expect a response?

Thanks
    I applied for Engineering too, I was an early applicant and the only word I've had was an email sent about 2 weeks ago saying that they're waiting until the Janurary deadline to give all applicants a fair chance. So I wouldn't worry if you haven't heard anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amymcm11)
    Ewww... Didn't visit any other colleges when I went, but I thought butler was a good option bc I kinda want to be self catered! I've got an offer for history, what about you?
    Geology

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.