Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It's a shame that the French deal with them with such a soft touch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jedanselemyia)
    I didn't personally ask them anything since I didn't speak any of their languages so what I have is second hand accounts. But we were personally very interested in their stories. They have a very bad experience with French police and right wing groups (there were people guarding the camp like sentinels because of these groups infiltrating the camp) and I doubt this encouraged them to seek asylum in France
    Wait, so these people don't even speak english? I thought the only reason they were trying to cross and claim asylum here in the UK was because they spoke English and not french? How enlightening, it's obviously because they think they will have it better here than elsewhere in Europe...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammylou40)
    Arriving without papers, failing to register and crossing multiple borders without claiming asylum makes them ILLEGAL immigrants and therefore guilty of commuting crimes!! = CRIMINALS
    I'm not sure if this is a joke but if it's not, you are completely ignorant. Maybe they don't have any paper because they travelled through the ocean fleeing from war, let me remind you they're refugees not migrants! Who are they supposed to register with? The European soldiers? Who? They're illegal... Huh... They left a war that if you forget the USA and UK helped fund. The schools their children went to were bombed, their houses were bombed, their children, wives, husbands, family. I feel as though you're commuting more of a crime than they're by having this obsurd ideology. If the UK were in deep ****, golden carpets would be layed on the ground for us, we'd have petals thrown over us and every contenent helping us. I am ashamed to say that I am apart of the U.K. I'm ashamed to say I'm a human because if this is what a human is, then I'd rather die.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.