Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Surgery that could allow trans women to have children of their own... watch

• Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by FluffyCherry)
    Are you even serious???? You're changing god's creation, if you're born a male then you're a male and if you're born a female then you're a female...FULL STOP!!
    It is SOOO wrong in so many levels to change your sex because of the thoughtsthat keeps telling you that they are in the wrong body. Like come on!

We will no longer be a part of nature, we will just be genetically modified creatures!!
    What's objectively wrong with changing nature? What are these levels you speak of?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by littlenorthernlass)
    Is nobody thinking about the effects on the children? This is all great and stuff for the trans people, but how do we know their children will be born healthy and do those children not have the right to be born to a biological woman? It saddens me that children are effectively being used for the experiments:sad:

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    What's objectively wrong with changing nature? What are these levels you speak of?
    What's WRONG you must be joking??? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Are those emojis your substitute for an answer? I suggest that you don't actually know why it's wrong, you just feel that it is.

ReputationRep:
    Are those emojis your substitute for an answer? I suggest that you don't actually know why it's wrong, you just feel that it is.

I said the reason in a previous post that I've quoted you in or is it too difficult to understand??

ReputationRep:
    Just as long as they have all the pain and trouble of an average pregnancy - would be kind of insulting to those who were born female otherwise
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team

I said the reason in a previous post that I've quoted you in or is it too difficult to understand??
    You say what will happen, by you don't say why that's wrong. You say:

1) We're changing nature.
    2) We will no longer be part of nature.

You don't explain what's wrong with either of those things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ironandbeer2)
    Just as long as they have all the pain and trouble of an average pregnancy - would be kind of insulting to those who were born female otherwise
    Would be very insulting

ReputationRep:
    So lets get this straight

A women born without a uterus should not be able to seek medical help to help them have a child?

You would deny a women this option would you?

ReputationRep:
    You say what will happen, by you don't say why that's wrong. You say:

1) We're changing nature.
    2) We will no longer be part of nature.

You don't explain what's wrong with either of those things.
    I suspect the answer will be 'because god says so'
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    I suspect the answer will be 'because god says so'
    I'm hoping to slow walk them to the realisation that what they're saying isn't grounded in reason. However there may not be hope for this one.

I'm pretty ambivalent to this new procedure - but if there's an argument against it then it has nothing to do with religion or this irritating and constant appeal to nature.

ReputationRep:
    This is such a good idea! As a trans* person myself I understand how severe dysphoria can be and I have friends that are trans*women. Even though you could have a surrogate its not the same as carrying your own child which can definitely bring a family together. Anyways, there really shouldn't be too much of a problem hormones wise if the person is on HRT at the time. It shouldn't really matter, if a woman wants to carry their own child then let them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoveTheDivergent)
    This is such a good idea! As a trans* person myself I understand how severe dysphoria can be and I have friends that are trans*women. Even though you could have a surrogate its not the same as carrying your own child which can definitely bring a family together. Anyways, there really shouldn't be too much of a problem hormones wise if the person is on HRT at the time. It shouldn't really matter, if a woman wants to carry their own child then let them.
    Have to agree

Given the fight we've had to allow women the right to decide what they want to do with their own bodies I find it rather strange some of them are now claiming the opposite should be the case and you shouldn't have the right to make your own decisions.

But you'll see the majority of people who are against this claim to have 'god' on their side

ReputationRep:
    I'm wondering how this can work. You need more than a uterus to carry your own biological child or is this besides the point ?
    Where do they get uteruses from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    Well, in regards to Christianity, the bible teaches us to to accept ourselves as God made us. He 'knit us in our mothers womb' and so Christians believe that he took special care in creating each and every one of us so being transgender will obviously go against that because you are altering Gods work, which is why many religious people are not accepting of trans people.
    The bible doesn't say we shouldn't cut off other people's arms but it does say 'love thy neighbour as you love yourself' so if you don't want your own arm cut off, don't inflict that pain on someone else.
    The bible and other religious texts dont have to to specifically outline something for them to deem it as wrong. There are other branches to Christianity, some are literal, others are not.
    According to that logic, God made the person transgender. They aren't necessarily altering God's work; transgender people feel that they are trapped in the wrong body and are mentally male/female. Surely it was God that made them like this?

I've studied scripture lol; I know the bible is open to interpretation.

(Original post by Trapz99)
    In Deuteronomy 22:5 it states that God does not want men to act like women and women to act like men. Since women were intended to have children and not men, this means transgenders should not have children.

I honestly can't be bothered to argue any further. End of discussion
    Yet transgenders identify as women/men. They aren't acting as something they're not...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    I'm wondering how this can work. You need more than a uterus to carry your own biological child or is this besides the point ?
    Where do they get uteruses from?
    The same way we get other organs. If someone donates and they are female then we are harnessing another organ for good use so why not?

ReputationRep:
    What has this world come to honestly ... UNBELIEVABLE !!!! :nn::nn::nn::nn:

This SHOULD be illegal.. like come on for god's sake!!
    Homosexuals and apostates get hanged in third world Muslim countries - no one cares.
    New scientific treatments to help transexuals - massive uproar.
    No wonder people want to stop Muslim immigration.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IFoundWonderland)
    According to that logic, God made the person transgender. They aren't necessarily altering God's work; transgender people feel that they are trapped in the wrong body and are mentally male/female. Surely it was God that made them like this?

I've studied scripture lol; I know the bible is open to interpretation.

Yet transgenders identify as women/men. They aren't acting as something they're not...
    Can be easily argued that if God wanted you to be a man, he'd make you a man & same for women. According to my logic, You have been created the way you are for a reason, it shouldn't be changed.
    If you know the bible is up for interpretation, you should understand that some people are not accepting of transgender because of how they've chosen to interpret their belief...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoveTheDivergent)
    The same way we get other organs. If someone donates and they are female then we are harnessing another organ for good use so why not?
    It's not really the same as a kidney or a liver because you can only get a uterus from a woman.

Unless for a relative, I don't think many women would 'donate' their uterus. Perhaps post menopausal women would be more inclined to.

I'd rather be a surrogate. In a way, this is donating my uterus without enduring surgery or affecting my fertility.

(Original post by BaconandSauce)
    There is not such 'human right to be born to a biological women'

There is however a human right to have a family and get married (article 12)

But I take it then that if you are unfortunate enough not to be able to give birth naturally you would of naturally refuse all of the help now available to you (including this procedure)
    :doh: Yeah it's not on that list because it's not something anyone has ever had to deal with before:facepalm:

And that's got nothing to do with my point. I'm a biological woman and a woman in every respect.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.