Turn on thread page Beta

What is the 'nack' to getting a bf? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    Ok, what would you have preferred if that was you?

I would LOVE to go travelling, but mortgage to pay and can't afford to take time off work! But I think you're right though - need to go more places, but literally I have no idea where to go. I have joined a meetup group which is primarily for people mid 20s / 30s, so there are people there my age, but I don't know what else to do. Yes I do the Ballet, but that's full of women (I;m not that way inclined), a lot of my friends are settled/ have kids / don't go out anymore, so it's a bit like . mmm
    I don't mind a girl being over-eager, it shows that she's excited to learn more about me which is sweet. But it seems that was the speed of your texting conversations between the both of you anyway, so it wouldn't matter.

Maybe, go on a group holiday or try more gender-mixed activities/hobbies like kickboxing or something?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Mortgage as in a house mortgage?

(Original post by DanB1991)
    Quick question to OP.... if there is a specific person you like atm.... why don't you just try asking him out?

Sadly with the whole partner and dating thing it's entirely pot luck. Just being a nice person, good looking and not a complete psycho helps your chances a little!

It took me almost two years to finding my current GF after the previous **** storm. In-between there where a hell of a lot of "almosts" which actually was quite depressing!
    Yes, there is - but he's got a gf (he messaged me and already said if he didn't have a gf, he'd snap me up (his words, not mind). Also, another person I did like has turned out to be a douchebag! (turned sour very quickly!) There was another guy I was seeing - ish last year, but he doesn't know what he wants, so I walked away from it!

I understand you've got to kiss a lot of frogs before you find 'The One', but it's exhausting! And it's the same sort of thing that happens time and time again. That's what is frustrating me more than anything!

ReputationRep:
    Clue is in the username! Plus I use to do Sprint!
    You can do those, but then still not look that athletic, active dancers do tend to have good-looking bodies though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    DancinBallerina

It's so difficult to tell without knowing you or your relationship history. Do you have a close friend that you can trust to give you an unbiased, honest opinion as to why your relationships so far didn't stick?

I doubt there anything in you as a person that could be putting people off. :hugs: You also don't sound like you've got too high expectations or too many deal breakers.

Perhaps you don't know how to recognise the qualities you want in a partner in people you meet? So you're dating the same types who aren't in to commitment for whatever reason without realising that's what's going on. Maybe have a sit down and think about the common themes and see if there are any patterns?

Reading some of your posts, maybe you're not ruthless enough when it comes to dating? I know that sounds super cynical, but by the time people have reached their late 20s/early 30s they're pretty well the people they'll continue to be. So if they're not showing signs of commitment or they're only making booty calls chances are they're not going to change. There's no point in wasting your time.

Also... did you actually have the DTR chat with any of the guys/fwbs you were seeing? It might be that they just didn't realise you wanted something more and assumed that was how it was gonna be?

Have you tried online dating sites which aren't Tinder? OkCupid is nice because it has more of a focus on profiles/getting to know people rather than only being based on appearance. Makes for good quality dates if you put the effort in

This is all just possibilities - it could also just be that you've not met anyone yet :hugs:

What;s a booty call?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefano865)
    My wife never hugs me.
    That's because she's hugging Tyrone, nomsayin

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
    I don't mind a girl being over-eager, it shows that she's excited to learn more about me which is sweet. But it seems that was the speed of your texting conversations between the both of you anyway, so it wouldn't matter.

Maybe, go on a group holiday or try more gender-mixed activities/hobbies like kickboxing or something?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Mortgage as in a house mortgage?
    Yes, literally we had conversations, two'ing and fro'ing. When I thought the conversation ended naturally I left it . . but he would double text me to provoke a response! And he did that several times to me. Sometimes I even pretended to fall asleep just so I could get a bit of peace and quiet from him! Now it's tumbleweed silence! . . . I last messaged, but I've not hammered him with messages because I thought I'm not getting into that tit for tat behaviour! I'm not into that.

Group holiday, Ive wanted to do for years, but friends have kids / bills / attached @ the hip of their partners. I tried Yoga . .that had a few gents in it, but they were old enough to be my dad! :facepalm: lol KickBoxing I was contemplating, but not really a fan of it / the sport lol

Spoiler:
    Show
    Mortgage as in house mortgage, yes

You can do those, but then still not look that athletic, active dancers do tend to have good-looking bodies though.
    Well I dance 5 days a week; Ballet, Tap, Modern and Jazz, PLUS I teach @ the weekends. So I would like to think my body is in good shape / well looked.

(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    What;s a booty call?
    A text / phone call after midnight . . from someone who purely wants sex! No strings sex basically, with no commitment / relationship ties!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, literally we had conversations, two'ing and fro'ing. When I thought the conversation ended naturally I left it . . but he would double text me to provoke a response! And he did that several times to me. Sometimes I even pretended to fall asleep just so I could get a bit of peace and quiet from him! Now it's tumbleweed silence! . . . I last messaged, but I've not hammered him with messages because I thought I'm not getting into that tit for tat behaviour! I'm not into that.

Group holiday, Ive wanted to do for years, but friends have kids / bills / attached @ the hip of their partners. I tried Yoga . .that had a few gents in it, but they were old enough to be my dad! :facepalm: lol KickBoxing I was contemplating, but not really a fan of it / the sport lol
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Mortgage as in house mortgage, yes
    My older brother (your age now) did a group holiday in America with strangers, he met a lot of people, made plenty of new friends.

YOGA HAHAHA (not what I meant)
    Guys don't learn kick boxing for the sport, they do it to keep fit, boost their self-confidence and learn how to protect themselves in the process.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm confused, a one bedroom house or do you live with other people?

ReputationRep:
    Well I dance 5 days a week; Ballet, Tap, Modern and Jazz, PLUS I teach @ the weekends. So I would like to think my body is in good shape / well looked.
    http://i.imgur.com/bwtCo.jpg Pics pls
    Spoiler:
    Show
    jk, I believe you lol

My older brother (your age now) did a group holiday in America with strangers, he met a lot of people, made plenty of new friends.

YOGA HAHAHA (not what I meant)
    Guys don't learn kick boxing for the sport, they do it to keep fit, boost their self-confidence and learn how to protect themselves in the process.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm confused, a one bedroom house or do you live with other people?
    Would love to do that sort of thing. A work colleague told me about some www that does excursions for single people! A bit hesitant, but I may just do it tbh.

Yoga I actually enjoyed it tbh, although I got a bit fed up of hearing the men goes ''UUGHHHHHH'' every 5 mins! :facepalm:

Spoiler:
    Show
    :facepalm: I OWN the property; 2 bed house.

http://i.imgur.com/bwtCo.jpg Pics pls
    Spoiler:
    Show
    jk, I believe you lol
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=da...dKaKTPiKS-M%3A Body similar to that.

ReputationRep:
    I'm kinda thinking to just knock it all on the head now tbh. At my age, I am too old for a relationship, so am more suited to having males just as friends I think.
    Lol give up and you'll be 30 going on old crazy cat lady

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Satanas)
    Lol give up and you'll be 30 going on old crazy cat lady

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't like cats, in fact don't like animals. But thanks for the suggestion

ReputationRep:
    Would love to do that sort of thing. A work colleague told me about some www that does excursions for single people! A bit hesitant, but I may just do it tbh.

Yoga I actually enjoyed it tbh, although I got a bit fed up of hearing the men goes ''UUGHHHHHH'' every 5 mins! :facepalm:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :facepalm: I OWN the property; 2 bed house.
    Just do it!

:teehee: nice

Big house for one person, big house for one couple actually. I suppose you're getting broody?

ReputationRep:
    :confused:

You sent a google search link :rofl:

:confused:

You sent a google search link :rofl:
    Well I'm hardly going to stand in front of my mirror, take a snap and upload on here. I'm not 16, looking for validation from random people on my body shape lol

Just do it!

:teehee: nice

Big house for one person, big house for one couple actually. I suppose you're getting broody?
    Will do later in the new year.

Thanks. No not broody @ all. Like I've said elsewhere in the thread, what I want is a partner; someone who I can enjoy spending time with, going places, having good sex and etc. I am not looking to settle down tomorrow and have a baby by October / November. I still have a life I want to lead, and I want him to still have his life too. That's what I can't seem to get through to guys - they hear my age and assume ''*****TTT, she wants babiesss / marriage'', no I don't, not yet . .maybe in another 4 / 5 years.

ReputationRep:
    You're fit.

To bad you don't like cats though.

Also 30 isn't to old to be looking for a partner :facepalm:

(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    You're fit.

To bad you don't like cats though.

Also 30 isn't to old to be looking for a partner :facepalm:
    A few remarks in this thread think I am pass my sell by date! lol :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    A few remarks in this thread think I am pass my sell by date! lol :dontknow:
    That's because most of them are idiot teenagers.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.