(Original post by xobeauty)
    No
    Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Name:  IMG_3505.JPG
Views: 32
Size:  67.8 KB

Guys in this thread who think having a back like this is feminine. Please leave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeliciousAbs)
    Name:  IMG_3505.JPG
Views: 32
Size:  67.8 KB

Guys in this thread who think having a back like this is feminine. Please leave.
    who said having a back like that is feminine?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a topless waiter. I shave before i work.
    rah do you shave your arms too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MountKimbie)
    who said having a back like that is feminine?

I was referring to having a muscular physique in general.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shabbamaddapot)
    rah do you shave your arms too?
    Nahhh man. My job doesn't require it, so I don't bother.

ReputationRep:
    I was referring to having a muscular physique in general.
    To me, new age bodybuilding and Mens Physique is incredibly feminine. Zyzz, feminine. Jeff Seid, feminine. Posing, feminine. Tanning, feminine. Taking selfies, feminine. Uploading pictures of your body to social media under the veil of 'showing off progress', feminine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ServantOfMorgoth)
    Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
    K al

ReputationRep:
    To me, new age bodybuilding and Mens Physique is incredibly feminine. Zyzz, feminine. Jeff Seid, feminine. Posing, feminine. Tanning, feminine. Taking selfies, feminine. Uploading pictures of your body to social media under the veil of 'showing off progress', feminine.
    Being feminine is surely acting like a female....? Since males dominated bodybuilding before women and the idea of gaining a muscular physique, it is surely masculine. Tanning is maybe feminine yes. Uploading pictures is simply showing off, which is has always been equal with both genders.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspirinpharmacist)
    Good for them. I hope they're enjoying their lives. You should too.
    yeh little snitzel.

she doesnt mean it.

ReputationRep:
    Feminine is surely acting like a female....? Since males dominated bodybuilding before women and the idea of gaining a muscular physique, it is surely masculine. Tanning is maybe feminine yes. Uploading pictures is simply showing off, which is has always been equal with both genders.
    well tanning/bronzing is universal in bodybuilding/mens physique. Unbalance of hormones in bb'ers/mens physique competitors..pretty feminine

Gaining a muscular physique as a byproduct of wanting to become stronger/healther you...masculine.

Gaining a muscular physique to get other peoples approval...feminine.
    Spoiler:
    Show

I'm only kidding, anyway. I'm making big generalisations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gagafacea1)
    Right? It's always the pot calling the kettle black with those people. Plus why is he worried about other people? How is he affected by the "decline of masculinity"? lmaooooooooo
    Yeah, it is funny how people moan about stuff like this, society goes through changes, people go through changes and right now we're seeing changes in society that means it's now becoming more acceptable for a man to not have to act to a masculine and tough stereotype, more acceptable for men to show emotions even, if you want to live your life by traditional ideals of masculinity then that's fine, it's your life, but others are allowed to live their lives how they want to as well, it's ridiculous to judge others for how they live their lives just because you don't like it. I get the sense that outside of internet forums like this one, most people don't really care about traditional concepts of masculinity and femininity any more, being a 'real man' doesn't matter any more and imo it's about time too!

ReputationRep:
    well tanning/bronzing is universal in bodybuilding/mens physique. Unbalance of hormones in bb'ers/mens physique competitors..pretty feminine

Gaining a muscular physique as a byproduct of wanting to become stronger/healther you...masculine.

Gaining a muscular physique to get other peoples approval...feminine.
    Spoiler:
    Show

I'm only kidding, anyway. I'm making big generalisations
    BBers have greater Test levels. Test being a male hormone. Drugs are used to keep estrogen levels at bay.

We don't do it for other peoples approval, getting approval from someone who looks like **** and is fat means nothing. Maybe getting approval from someone who looks great is okay but not the aim. You're thinking of hipsters who have top nobs (knots) and wear stringers to the gym and do few sets of curls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olie)
    Yeah, it is funny how people moan about stuff like this, society goes through changes, people go through changes and right now we're seeing changes in society that means it's now becoming more acceptable for a man to not have to act to a masculine and tough stereotype, more acceptable for men to show emotions even, if you want to live your life by traditional ideals of masculinity then that's fine, it's your life, but others are allowed to live their lives how they want to as well, it's ridiculous to judge others for how they live their lives just because you don't like it. I get the sense that outside of internet forums like this one, most people don't really care about traditional concepts of masculinity and femininity any more and imo it's about time too!
    YES!!! Plus it's a sign that there is now a lot more communication between the two sexes. I mean it's just like when your friend uses a certain phrase a lot and you start to pick up on it. So when a guy has a close female friend, he picks up on somethings, and she does too.

Also it since society is beginning to be more open, people are less worried about things like these, which I think is a very good thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    It's the erosion of our manual literacy, and the shaming of heteronormative behaviour :moon:

But seriously let people be whatever they want to be :dontknow:

Not going to lie, I have both my ears pierced :lol:
    Luke Kelly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olie)
    Yeah, it is funny how people moan about stuff like this, society goes through changes, people go through changes and right now we're seeing changes in society that means it's now becoming more acceptable for a man to not have to act to a masculine and tough stereotype, more acceptable for men to show emotions even, if you want to live your life by traditional ideals of masculinity then that's fine, it's your life, but others are allowed to live their lives how they want to as well, it's ridiculous to judge others for how they live their lives just because you don't like it. I get the sense that outside of internet forums like this one, most people don't really care about traditional concepts of masculinity and femininity any more, being a 'real man' doesn't matter any more and imo it's about time too!
    Great to see some new thoughts on this thread.

ReputationRep:
    BBers have greater Test levels. Test being a male hormone. Drugs are used to keep estrogen levels at bay.

We don't do it for other peoples approval, getting approval from someone who looks like **** and is fat means nothing. Maybe getting approval from someone who looks great is okay but not the aim. You're thinking of hipsters who have top nobs (knots) and wear stringers to the gym and do few sets of curls.
    more test because they supplement it. Gyno is hardly masculine is it...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Et Tu, Brute?)
    Luke Kelly!
    YES!!!

Instant rep for you, sir.

ReputationRep:
    more test because they supplement it. Gyno is hardly masculine is it...
    Yeah of course, using steroids can't be feminine can it ? Any person with a brain will know what drug to take to prevent gyno if they do some research and many won't even see or feel symptoms.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.