Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by If u dont mind)
    I'm an RCB fan and dont want them to losse any matches..........but I also dont want Dhoni to loose to Kohli. Yes Kohli is my favourite cricketer and is one among the best batsmen in the world right now, better than Dhoni, but Captain Cool is the King!! Even though Kohli is the best!!:eek3::eek4:

I guess I'll have to support RCB for the coming match coz RPS has a sh*t team and is not gonna win this years IPL anyways. But i want both the teams to be in the top four!!

:banghead:
    im marathi so pune Id be supporting RPS. that being said, I like the RCB players more and prefer mumbai to pune
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by quasa)
    complete agree with you
    Thanks!

Who do you support, by the way? I went in as a Mumbai fan - mainly due to Buttler - but having watched pretty much every match thus far, I love KKR now.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Thanks!

Who do you support, by the way? I went in as a Mumbai fan - mainly due to Buttler - but having watched pretty much every match thus far, I love KKR now.
    considering the amount of times I have said mumbai...I would say pune :P

but seriously, I am a mumbai fan
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yuvraj returns for Sunrisers against Gujarat Lions.

Gujarat have seen their upper order skittled and they are three wickets down now for just 30 runs. It's ominous for them, because Sunrisers have plenty of fire-power in that upper order - especially Warner, whose IPL stats this season defy belief.

It's perhaps a surprise Sunrisers didn't opt to omit Deepak Hooda, who has only got into double digits once in the tournament so far.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Kohli is a monster :ahee:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Punjab playing to a near empty stadium.. shows how much T20 superstars are needed in a team to generate fan following and results.

Hope Preity Zinta gets her finger out of her bum and sends someone qualified to go to the auctions next year who actually knows what cricket is rather than herself.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by sachinisgod)
    Punjab playing to a near empty stadium.. shows how much T20 superstars are needed in a team to generate fan following and results.

Hope Preity Zinta gets her finger out of her bum and sends someone qualified to go to the auctions next year who actually knows what cricket is rather than herself.
    completely agree
    and maybe mumbai can do the same as well
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Just remarkable stuff from Kohli. He doesn't hit it hard, but he hits it well. His stroke making is excellent, his knack of picking up singles and doubles and triples to make up for his lack of blockbuster hitting is remarkable, and he plays proper cricket shots. I have waxed lyrical about him in the past, but he really is superb. RCB wouldn't have had a chance without his anchoring today.

Oh what George Bailey would have given to have run him out when he was on 4.

Remember that RCB were chasing 192 today. Yesterday gave us two scores of around 125 ffs. That was a monster total from Pune, which should have been good enough, and it would have been - without Kohli.

Pune were unlucky to come up against one of the world's best players on his finest day, to be honest. Rahane batted superbly, and so did Tiwary.

RCB were poor in the field - especially those two drops in two balls - and can thank Kohli for digging them out. Rahul/Watson had crucial knocks, too.

From a personal POV, as a big fan of his, it was great to see Zampa start - and impress. He dismissed Rahul and ABDV, which proves his worth and shows he can give something to this IPL tournament.

Kohli now the quickest batsman to 500 runs in an IPL season - from just 8 innings.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    few days ago Kings XI vs DD played in an almost empty stadium,

Today- same venue.. FULL HOUSE.. Why? Because people have come to see Kohli and ABD rather than their home team. Maybe a big hint to KIngs XI that they have to invest in a genuine superstar to maintain the viability of the franchise otherwise it will have to fold due to losses!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    RCB overcome Kings by one run, then.

I've said before, it's not the batting lineup which has undermined RCB this campaign. It's the bowling attack - or lack of one. Once again, they've been bailed out by their headline makers, power hitters and upper order batsmen.

ABDV was sensational today, in truth. His knock was just exceptional - and he hardly seemed to break sweat. RCB really needed it after finding themselves three down for just 67 runs, admittedly, but ABDV showed no signs of pressure and his sweeps and drives were just textbook.

I thought RCB made it easier than they should have for Kings. Scoring above 170, they should have had enough to see themselves over the line comfortably against the IPL's worst side. Vijay batted well and kept his side in the chase, and without Watson's canny bowling at the death, they may very well have got over the line.

Stoinis treated Jordan with disdain and dispatched his deliveries to all corners of the ground. It's been quite the awakening for Jordan in this tournament. He is capable of bowling better, and he needs to.

Still, every player is allowed an off day - as represented by Kohli today. He can be thankful ABDV found form in the middle overs.

ReputationRep:
    You would think that Mustafizur will learn a lot from Ashish Nehra and Bhuvneshwar Kumar. Bhuvi will also learn quite a bit from Mustafizur, you would think. Being a young bowler who has similar pace to Bhuvi but has an immense amount of skill, can only benefit him.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Pune need to win today - and every match thereafter.

I'm shocked at how much they've struggled this year, to be honest.

What I'm not surprised by is Sunrisers' success, namely because Warner is the jewel in their crown and has delivered time and time again. His hitting has allowed Dhawan to bat without pressure, and he's only 60 runs away from his entire 2015 IPL tally - with just six innings played.

The pace and conditions will definitely favour pace and bounce, but I hope Zampa is selected for Pune after enjoying dismissing Rahul and ABDV in one over on his debut.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    1 run... Bring in anureet and Maxwell rishi dhawan drop behardien and miller. Totally out of form miller - wasn't even picked for SA tri series limited overs squads
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by tazza ma razza)
    1 run... Bring in anureet and Maxwell rishi dhawan drop behardien and miller. Totally out of form miller - wasn't even picked for SA tri series limited overs squads
    Exactly, no point wasting a overseas player slot on someone who doesnt even make the national side ( after being in it). Ill be surprised if he keeps his contract at the end of the year!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by sachinisgod)
    Exactly, no point wasting a overseas player slot on someone who doesnt even make the national side ( after being in it). Ill be surprised if he keeps his contract at the end of the year!
    he has been awful - Gurantee tho that next year a new team will buy him and then he will be amazing - stuff like this always happens to punjab lol
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Poor Zampa.

Such impressive figures today - 6-19 - but all in vain, because Sunrisers AGAIN displayed their batting quality. Pune's tournament is effectively over - and Dhoni must be wondering what more he could have done today.

I thought the pitch would favour pace and seam today, but there was plenty of turn. for Ashwin and Zampa. I think the ormer got the second best figures in the tournament's history today.

In truth, Pune did well to limit Sunrisers - and I thought they'd get over the line. I felt Warner had made the wrong decision opting to bat, but his pace attack - which is probably the best in the tournament - won him the game.

It was good to see R Ashwin bowl his full quota, and impress while doing so today. He has been under-utilised by Dhoni this IPL.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Awesome stuff from Mumbai today - and it felt really good to see their bowlers fire, and Buttler chase down successfully.

I felt they had a lot to do, regardless of their decent attack dismissing Kohli and Gayle very cheaply, and following it up by not allowing ABDV to asset himself.

RCB's batting line-up really let them down.

Gayle is really struggling - today was his fourth single-digit score in four innings - but, credit where it's due, I felt Mitchell McClenaghan and Tim Southee bowled exceptionally.

Yuzvendra Chahal bowled well for RCB, but Pollard and Buttler hit the ground running and punished Watson, who had an unnatural habit of bowling wide yorkers tonight. Jordan - who has struggled thus far in the tournament - did even worse.

There were some awesome catches for RCB, but they didn't do enough to limit Mumbai after achieving a total which was 20/30 below par.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Awesome match today - one of my favourite of the IPL tournament thus far.

Sunrisers probably scored 30/40 below-par, and Warner admitted as much. They were limited by Mishra, who bowled the wrong'uns magnificently throughout. His bowling was just exceptional, offering variation, and that is even more impressive because this year's IPL hasn't been kind to spin. You look at the likes of Ashwin struggling, and it shows how spinners are faring poorly in the competition.

Mishra made a mockery of that, though. He conceded 19 runs - which is impressive in itself, and even more so when you realise he conceded 9 of those of his first over. He was really good value for his two wickets.

Morris showed his brilliance, too. That quick thinking to get the dismissal with his feet was sharp, and that's why Delhi paid the money for him. The performances of those two bowlers made Delhi not miss Zaheer at all.

Sunrisers were left lamenting their poor end to the innings. From 80-1 to 140-8. That's just not good enough, and Quinton de Kock duly took command of the chase and saw his side over the line. I felt he was really unlucky to be dismissed after that questionable appeal. Henriques bowled well to give Sunrisers a sniff, and I felt they were going to win it when Karun Nair and de Kock were dismissed in quick succession.

But Delhi showed fearlessness when going up against Mustafizur - and it's a good win for Delhi.

ReputationRep:
    Kohli and Abd are raping atm, who saw that hot chick dancing in the crowd?

ReputationRep:
    ab de villiers is destroying everything LMFAO

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.