The Student Room Group

Would you report someone you saw cheating in exams?

Scroll to see replies

Proof that those who would are evil

cheat.png
Reply 201
i aint no snitch!
They could always study after the exam lol but try to ace the exam so they don't fail obvs.
Reply 203
Depends who it is- I like em... Nah, I don't- hell yea
Aren't you suppossed to focus on your own exam, instead of looking at other person's desk? :hmmm:
I'd cheat if I could and anyone who says they wouldn't is lying

Posted from TSR Mobile
This sounds bad but if I saw someone cheating and they got away with it and they ended up doing better because of it then I'd just think ' well done' them cause they've managed to beat the system to some extent.
Original post by Sacred Ground
I'd cheat if I could and anyone who says they wouldn't is lying

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh completely agree - my teacher even started discussing how she would let us if she could aha
No, completely none of my business
Tbh no I wouldn't, I would be interested to know what their method of cheating is and how reliable it is. I say this because I have bad memories of exams. You leave the exam hall thinking you have done well, but come August when you get the results through... Ughhh, forget about it. My GCSE results put me back at least 2 years, I wanted to take A-levels after school but it seemed highly unlikely that they would have let me with my results in hindsight. Such is life, you know how it is.
I have past experience of this. In my GSCE Maths exam, one of the foundation tier people who had finished got their phone out. Now I was Higher tier, and was still working on my paper. I did consider reporting them at that moment in time, but I decided not to, because they had actually finished the paper, and the fact I didn't want to mess up their career prospects. So I didn't report them. Did I make the right choice? In hindsight it was the right thing to do, and I have no regrets. Plus they were a pretty tough person with a short temper.
Original post by Tortent
I have past experience of this. In my GSCE Maths exam, one of the foundation tier people who had finished got their phone out. Now I was Higher tier, and was still working on my paper. I did consider reporting them at that moment in time, but I decided not to, because they had actually finished the paper, and the fact I didn't want to mess up their career prospects. So I didn't report them. Did I make the right choice? In hindsight it was the right thing to do, and I have no regrets. Plus they were a pretty tough person with a short temper.

How could they get their phone out and not be spotted by the invigilators?
Reply 212
Dick move snitching brah.
Actually, i have. I was working on my MSEE at George Washington, Uni in D.C. I had to take an undergraduate course, and there were about 20 foreign students in there (from the near east). They were passing around notes and looking at each others papers during an exam. I tuned them in to the prof - not the t.a., because i wasn't sure that he was reliable. As it turned out, the teaching assistant was determined to 'sort them out' - and quizzed three of us who saw them cheating - as to which seats they were in (they had assigned seating for the exam). He did this in front of the prof - so he was aware of the information too. Supposedly, they took action against them. Cheating is always to the dis-advantage of an honest student, because usually the grades are "curved". If 8 or 10 ppl do much better than they should have, your grade is reduced proportionally [assuming YOU didn't cheat]. The logical extension is that everyone cheats, and the test devolves to just a test of who is the better cheater - not "what have you learned in this class". That's hardly the idea. Cheers.
Snitches get stitches everyone knows that.
Original post by Alfissti
Absolutely.

Put it this way, both of you are applying for UCL or LSE, the cheater cheated and got himself that A* instead of the A, guess who will be going to UCL? Yup it won't be you because the one who cheated beat you to it.

But it's not really winning though isn't it, if I went to a low class uni with hard-earned A*/A and then someone went to a UCL/LSE with good grades on cheating i'd feel proud that rightfully got into a uni with my hard-earned work rather than cheat and feel good on a false sense of achievement on graduating at a top ranked uni . ( And why is everything about getting a high university so what if someone cheats gets into a better university by cheating than you? Seriously? they'll get there awakening and if not, good on them, unis tough.)
I'd probably tut loudly as I walked past them, cast them an angry glare and give them the cold shoulder, but I'd probably be too scared to report them. Anyway - if they cheat, they'll face the consequences one way or another.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending