Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tobybes)
    No sorry, it isn't
    that was the correct answer...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by henry_rolt.98)
    Come in guys its great if it went well for you personally but please stop scaring peopl
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The thing for me is I hate series question and they asked a hard series, I wrote the correct answer for the line of symmetry and crossed it out then for Induction I haven't done it for over a year so I literally made it up So for me it was horrible I'm just praying S2,D2 and M2(And my AS grades)save me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jcardiff)
    Grade boundaries?
    I'd say between 60-63 A*, 53-55 A. If it wasn't for the proof by induction question would guess higher

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dom1997)
    When I read the induction question after doing the series question I officially said goodbye to my A* in FM
    Yeah trust, but hopefully majority of people are in the same boat. I know nearly all of my class had forgot

ReputationRep:
    There you go, full solutions, not 100% sure on mark allocation though.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf zppd_FP2_Jun_16_edit.pdf (821.2 KB, 221 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XY123)
    Yeah trust, but hopefully majority of people are in the same boat. I know nearly all of my class had forgot
    Yep bar the people doing Step 2 and 3 the rest of us had no clue and winged it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by henry_rolt.98)
    There you go, full solutions, not 100% sure on mark allocation though.
    Thank you so much! I agree with all of these - I think the mark allocation is also correct

ReputationRep:
    Did they ask us to sketch the y^2=f(x) graph on the same axis as the y=f(x), as I did this but I don't think I should have? Do you reckon they'll mark it anyway?? Also will 61 be enough for 80 UMS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by longlive)
    Did they ask us to sketch the y^2=f(x) graph on the same axis as the y=f(x), as I did this but I don't think I should have? Do you reckon they'll mark it anyway?? Also will 61 be enough for 80 UMS?
    I think the question said to sketch it on the same axis. Yes, 61 will definitely be over 80 UMS.

ReputationRep:
    61 is close to 90 ums. The question gave you space to sketch a graph. It wouldn't give so much blank space unless it was a separate graph.

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I think I've averaged 89% - 67/72 in D2, 70/72 in S2 and 55/72 in FP2

Someone kill me now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Raskolnikov)
    61 is close to 90 ums. The question gave you space to sketch a graph. It wouldn't give so much blank space unless it was a separate graph.
    I assumed the blank space was just there in case you messed up and needed to start over.

I vaguely recall the question saying you needed to sketch the graph on the same axes, but I could've misread it, so don't take my word for that :p

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duncanjgraham)
    Ok so I think I've averaged 89% - 67/72 in D2, 70/72 in S2 and 55/72 in FP2

Someone kill me now
    DId you not do FP3/M2?

ReputationRep:
    I'm fairly sure that you had to sketch the graph on the same axes. Otherwise they wouldn't have printed a copy of the original graph in the answer book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marioman)
    DId you not do FP3/M2?
    mucked up m2 and my school can't teach fp3 :P

* im in gap year so self-taught fp2, d2, s2 * didn't fancy self-teaching fp3

ReputationRep:
    Yes, the question said sketch on the copy of the diagram but if you drew it seperately I doubt they'll mark you down just for misreading the question as long as you've got the shape right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duncanjgraham)
    mucked up m2 and my school can't teach fp3 :P
    You might not have done as badly on M2 as you think. Everyone hated it including my friend who has a Physical NatSci offer from Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marioman)
    You might not have done as badly on M2 as you think. Everyone hated it including my friend who has a Physical NatSci offer from Cambridge.
    That's a good point actually, we'll see. . . .

ReputationRep:
    I found M2 to be absolutely horrid, and so did two of the other three FM students I took it with. Will be really interesting to see what the boundaries for that will be...

Right before FP2 I felt just as screwed as I did before M2 (those two have always been the modules I've struggled the most with), and I was expecting the worst today, but I actually found the exam to be pretty straightforward. Not super easy but it wasn't the M2-level disaster I was preparing myself for.

There's no way I'm getting A* on Further Maths at this point, but that's alright since I don't need it. I might have barely scraped 90UMS for FP2 but I'm 99.9% sure I won't get it on either S2 or FP3.

I got 193UMS on C1+C2 and I'm pretty sure I've managed 90+ on C3+C4, so my M1 and M2 will probably count towards an A* for Maths as they're my worst modules.

I think I've got 200UMS for S1+D1 so that means I only need an average of 70 UMS on FP1, FP2, FP3 and S2 to get an A in Further.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by longlive)
    I think 61 will be enough for 90! That was hard IMO

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.